The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
About the " wiggly worm" story-
That is one thing I admire about Harry, his love of children, and sense of humor! And we know where he got that from!
How clever that was! Now we know what the kids were giggling about!
I read an article about the wedding reception, which described children wrapped around Harry's legs. Love that!
Do you have a link to that article? I don't remember hearing about that one. :)

Old 05-07-2011, 12:09 AM
Heir Apparent

" wiggly worm" link in post# 377
Wrapped around Harry's legs story was either in the People or Time magazine wedding coverage.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:59 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall had another engagement on Thursday, besides the launch of the
CleanupUK's Beautiful Boroughs Project (see on the previous page), she officially opened
the Victorian Kitchen Garden and the new Visitor Centre at Myddelton House Gardens.

The interesting thing is that she did so together with her former husband Andrew Parker
Bowles as he is the president of the EA Bowles of Myddelton House Society. His great-great-
uncle, legendary plantsman Edward Augustus (EA) Bowles had lived at the Myddelton House
and cultivated the garden.

** Pic ** gallery **
Old 05-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Commoner

I enjoyed seeing Camilla plant the wedding cake tree in celebration of William and Kate's wedding. She usually accompanies Charles it's nice to see her do solo engagement's.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, attended the London Press Club Awards in London, Wednesday,
May 11, 2011. The London Press Club Awards Lunch is an annual event which aims to promote
and encourage high standards of journalism.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **
Old 05-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Majesty

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, sees funny side of nude portrait on gallery tour | Mail Online

Mind the crown jewels, Camilla! It's eyes front for Duchess as she is confronted with nude portrait on gallery tour

Read more: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, sees funny side of nude portrait on gallery tour | Mail Online
Old 05-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Royal Highness

A noticed speech from the Duchess and an unexpected ally for the press in these troubled times:

Duchess of Cornwall hails freedom of press - Telegraph

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Camilla.html
Old 05-12-2011, 04:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
A noticed speech from the Duchess and an unexpected ally for the press in these troubled times:

Duchess of Cornwall hails freedom of press - Telegraph
Its really interesting to see Camilla start to take public positions on certaiin matters. Against the backdrop of the issues around Max Moseley and the wider issue of super injunctions, it was refrreshing to see somebody stand up for the wider journalists community.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:01 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, the Duchess of Cornwall attended a second event, she attended a
reception for the 10th anniversary of the Arab International Women's Forum,
at the Mansion House in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
Old 05-12-2011, 06:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Here's the whole text - oh, I really love Camilla. She's such an example of a British lady and will one day be a wonderful queen.

The Prince of Wales - A speech by HRH The Duchess of Cornwall to the London Press Club Awards
Old 05-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The interesting thing is that she did so together with her former husband Andrew Parker
Bowles as he is the president of the EA Bowles of Myddelton House Society. His great-great-
uncle, legendary plantsman Edward Augustus (EA) Bowles had lived at the Myddelton House
and cultivated the garden.

** Pic ** gallery **
So it's part of her son's ancestry - a nice gesture to bring Royal support into this project. Andrew Parker Bowles appears to be thankful that he could share a part of his life and his children with Camilla and that she is now a friend - and we all know what a reliable, loyal and helpful friend Camilla is. Its just so sad that Andrew lost his second wife so early. One would have wished him the same lasting happiness Camilla found with her second husband.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Please note that when two or more members of the BRF attend an event, that event is posted in http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-12331-27.html .

As a result, you will find all pictures and discussion of Camilla's attendance at the Royal Windsor Horse Show with the Queen in that thread.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 05-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Yesterday, the Duchess of Cornwall attended a second event, she attended a
reception for the 10th anniversary of the Arab International Women's Forum,
at the Mansion House in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
Thanks Ice! I think the Duchess looks very chic in white!
Old 05-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Very nicely said, Kataryn! And I've also liked that look on her, Russophile

This evening the Duchess Of Cornwall attended The Classic BRIT Awards at the
Royal Albert Hall in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages ** belga **
Old 05-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
** Pic 4 **
Who is this beautiful woman with the Duchess? She looks like the ever gorgeous and truly classy Diahann Carroll.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Who is this beautiful woman with the Duchess? She looks like the ever gorgeous and truly classy Diahann Carroll.
According to the Daily Mail, its Dame Shirley Bassey. She looks fabulous!

Is Camilla the Patron of this organization....didn't she attend the awards show last year?
-------------------------------------------------------------------

She announced her engagement to Blue Peter presenter Gethin Jones last month.

And it seems Katherine Jenkins has already started getting in shape for her impending nuptials, judging by her appearance on the red carpet at the Classical BRIT Awards tonight.

The 30-year-old singer showed off her slender frame and tiny waist in a stunning backless silver Victoria Beckham gown, complete with train, as she posed for photographers outside the Royal Albert Hall.

Read more: Classical BRIT Awards 2011: Katherine Jenkins leads the glamour in backless silver gown | Mail Online

Old 05-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla comes of age with a speech that will silence her critics - Telegraph

A wonderful article from Linda Kelsy, that for me, explains why I like the Duchess so much!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Camilla comes of age with a speech that will silence her critics - Telegraph

A wonderful article from Linda Kelsy, that for me, explains why I like the Duchess so much!
Thats a great article, and I am glad Camilla's speech was well received by the press.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:30 AM
Majesty

It was nice to see Camilla out and about carrying out 7-8 engagements in the last week or so. This certainly appears to be the pattern she has established - to have bursts of activity when she carries out a fair few engagements over a limited period of time, and then perhaps a few weeks of few sightings.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:10 AM
Royal Highness

Nice article about the Albert Hall event last night:

James Bond composer John Barry honoured by Duchess of Cornwall - Telegraph

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall