The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

Some people are healthier than others (and who knows how many times the DoE bowed out of various things when he was Camilla's age - thus enhancing his chance of getting to 89, and, God Willing, to 90).

People react differently to being sick, as well and have different views on how long it takes to get better (and how communicable their disease may be). When I go to frequent public events, I get sick far more often and I know I'm contagious each time. I prefer not to send it along to others if I can help it.

Some people go to work sneezing and blowing, I do not, and I would hope the Duchess does not, either.

I have one family member who has stomach problems far more frequently than once a year, and it's certainly not made up. I think it's very insensitive to judge Camilla on her stomach problems.

Old 03-20-2011, 01:57 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
As Lutmutqueen said in another thread, it is unacceptable for Camilla to do less than DoE does at close to 30 years her senior. This has nothing to do with some people 'get sick' more often. When EVER did you read any member of the BRF say I dislike heat and I will leave the official state tour HALF WAY THROUGH , more than once, but it's ok if I'm cruising the greek islands on a zillion $ yacht with my relatives. Seriously.
I have to put the baby to bed now, but I will post the links tomorrow and we can discuss it.
Look, the woman fell ill like all of the rest of us a prone to do from time to time. She canceled an engagement. Its hardly a call to pick apart her dates and schedules and moan about what happened with previous events and good gods! She wore THAT to the lunch? I'm most definitely not interested in getting into a bashing Camilla thread and would rather read that she's feeling better and has resumed her duties.

Next?

Old 03-20-2011, 02:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I do think we need to make allowances here. After all she IS human and fallible to the same maladies that the rest of us from time to time.

Unfortunately for some posters the DoC isn't human and isn't allowed to be human or have maladies that lay her low. Nothing she does is acceptable.

She does get ill.

Stomach upsets are also sometimes a side effect of major surgery e.g. hysterectomies as the patient can continue having reactions to the aneasthetic for months or even years later (I didn't know this until I was discussing my continuing throwing up with my doctor 6 months after having had shoulder surgery and he says that some people do have after effects).

Now I am not saying this is the case with Camilla but it might be.

She does reschedule, when possible. The engagement at Cheltenham can't be rescheduled as it is a one-off event but if it is a visit somewhere that can be rescheduled it will be, eventually.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Look, the woman fell ill like all of the rest of us a prone to do from time to time. She canceled an engagement. Its hardly a call to pick apart her dates and schedules and moan about what happened with previous events and good gods! She wore THAT to the lunch? I'm most definitely not interested in getting into a bashing Camilla thread and would rather read that she's feeling better and has resumed her duties.

Next?

However, there are some posters to whom Camilla is close to the devil incarnate and bashing her is their favourite pasttime.

I prefer to ignore such posters and their posts in all fora to avoid feeling sorry for them and their continuing irrational dislike of a woman they have never met .
Old 03-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

We should not bash the DOC- How would we like pressure put on us to perform our duties when we are ill?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
As Lutmutqueen said in another thread, it is unacceptable for Camilla to do less than DoE does at close to 30 years her senior.
When did I say that? I seem to have forgotten.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Like so many on this thread, I distance myself from posts which try to denigrate Camilla for no good reason.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:29 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Like so many on this thread, I distance myself from posts which try to denigrate Camilla for no good reason.
Me, too. I got the impression that Camilla would do anything to please her husband and cancelling an engagement is surely not very pleasant - thus I'm sure she does it only if there is no other way to cope with the situation and in all probability on the request of her doctor.

Plus: I don't think it is okay to use a person's health and maybe greater frailty when getting older against that person. We should strive to be supportive of humans who are weaker or more in need and not act like animals who take those weaker than them on as easy prey. At least that's how I try to live.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
When EVER did you read any member of the BRF say I dislike heat and I will leave the official state tour HALF WAY THROUGH , more than once, but it's ok if I'm cruising the greek islands on a zillion $ yacht with my relatives. Seriously.
I have to put the baby to bed now, but I will post the links tomorrow and we can discuss it.
A few points:

1) When has Camilla left an official tour half way because of the heat, or for any reason?

2) Camilla has never been on an official state tour - only HM and the DoE undertake state tours
Old 03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

She did leave a tour once. The POW went on a tour of Japan, Brunei, and Indonesia. She skipped Indonesia. I read that it was on the advice of her doctor, because of the climate, and because of her stomach issues. She returned, and did not go sailing on a yacht, but did solo engagements.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
She did leave a tour once. The POW went on a tour of Japan, Brunei, and Indonesia. She skipped Indonesia. I read that it was on the advice of her doctor, because of the climate, and because of her stomach issues. She returned, and did not go sailing on a yacht, but did solo engagements.
It was never intended that she would go to Indonesia, it has been announced prior to the trip that the PoW would carry out the Indonesian leg of the trip on his own. IMO, that is perfectly fine, she does not have to accompany Charles for every tour he undertakes. If I recollect correctly, the actual reason why Camilla did not go to Indonesia was never announced, some of the reasons you have listed were speculation in the press. As you rightly point out, she did not go off on a yatch, but was present for Rememberance Sunday in London. This was shortly followed by the 60th brithday celebrations for the PoW.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall has met staff and supporters of the Loxford Polyclinic
on March 22, 2011 in Ilford, east London. She was accompanied by the London
Mayor, Boris Johnson.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** Duchess of Cornwall praises rape crisis centre during Ilford visit ** gallery **
Old 03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall has visited the Covent Garden Academy of Flowers today,
March 23, 2011 in central London. She has met with students and had to make a
flower arrangement herself

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** Camilla joins blossoming talents **

Camilla today also visited the Brookside Primary School to witness lessons in personal
finance education and to launch the My Money Week 2011 competition.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
Old 03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Majesty

Wonderful to see Camilla at these engagements. This is what she does best: a steady stream of low-key engagements.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:22 PM
Gentry

She looks good.
Is it me or did she have a hair cut?
Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Not sure about a possible haircut, I'm mainly paying attention to her recycled clothes

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Wonderful to see Camilla at these engagements. This is what she does best: a steady stream of low-key engagements.
So true I've noticed we've missed a second event from yesterday:

Camilla hosted a reception to recognize the work of The Metropolitan Police
Specially Trained Sexual Offences Investigative Techniques (SOIT) Officers
at Clarence House in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **
Old 03-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Gentry

Hair cut

Turns out I was wrong about the hair cut. Her hair looks the same as it did on February, so if she had a hair cut it wasn't recent...
Old 03-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

I don't know about the hair but she certainly lose some weight. Looking good Milla !!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

I don't know about the hair but she certainly lose some weight. Looking good Milla !!
You are right, she does appear to have lost some weight.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:58 AM
Majesty

Royal Wedding: Camilla talks publicly about stepdaughter-in-law to be Kate Middleton for the first time | Mail Online

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall