The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 01:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
The teal coat is awesome, the dress even looks good with it.
When they say Women's Institute, do they mean a branch of the WI, or do they mean a prison for women?
I suspect this is a branch of the WI

Old 02-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (in her favourite dress! )

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Iceflower Thanks so much for the info and pics. She aways looks so happy when she wears that dress, I can only imagine she knows how much I hate it!!

Old 02-23-2011, 03:38 AM
Administrator

You are most welcome! I fear she has not the vaguest notion of it, ada

Here are some pics without watermarks: zimbio gallery, February 22nd

And some from inside:

** oxfordmail.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall, Denman College, WI **

** oxfordtimes.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall visits WI college at Marcham **
Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Royal Highness

Hear hear !

It's time we stopped insulting the Duchess of Cornwall - Telegraph
Old 02-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Interesting article. I do think in recent times that even the DM (with the exception of Ricahrd Kay) seems to have somewhat softened its stand re Camilla
Old 02-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Interesting article. I do think in recent times that even the DM (with the exception of Ricahrd Kay) seems to have somewhat softened its stand re Camilla
Until you read the comments underneath - which are strongly anti-Charles and Camilla.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:35 PM
Majesty

The "anti-charles and Camilla" piece is referring to the "minority" attitude that seems to pervade things and the bile they spew whenever something positive is written about C&C and saying it is time the mindless critics grew up.

The comments merely dramatically underscore exactly what he is saying. These "minority" are, quite frankly, mental. How on earth you can hate someone with such passion when you have never met them? Mindless indeed!
Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Really, mental. What a kind word to pass around and judge people by. It is true and with merit that you cannot pass judgement on anyone you haven't met, nor should you on anyone you have met, but that's what his spin doctors did against Diana when he wanted the upper hand. What goes around comes around. And, by the way, how do you know it is the "minority attitude". Have you taken a poll?
Old 02-23-2011, 10:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

His spin doctors had to do something to counter the vitriole from her and her spin doctors.
Either way - surely it is time to forgive - if Diana could forgive 13 years ago then her fans, who weren't involved, should be able to do so now - but they are the ones so full of hate - something she had grown past before she died.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Either way - surely it is time to forgive - if Diana could forgive 13 years ago then her fans, who weren't involved, should be able to do so now - but they are the ones so full of hate - something she had grown past before she died.
Are you speaking for all of Diana's fans? I certainly don't hate anyone, it takes too much time and causes stress.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The comments merely dramatically underscore exactly what he is saying. These "minority" are, quite frankly, mental. How on earth you can hate someone with such passion when you have never met them? Mindless indeed!
BTW I hope you, your family and friend are safe after the earthquake, Marg.

I am a Diana, Princess of Wales fan and can say I moved pass after the wedding, because the Duchess is good for Prince Charles. For the Duchess of Cornwall to be titled Queen at first I thought I could accept it, but them I thought of Prince Philip and Prince Albert. They were princes instead of Kings and they both did not do anything morally wrong. Also, in order for the Duchess to marry Prince Charles a PC spokesman said Camilla would not be titled the Princess of Wales. And if Prince Charles becomes King she would be titled Princess. I don't like that PC is talking about now changing her title to Queen that is to me like taking back an important factor for him to marry is mistress. This is the problem for me and I think with anyone who trust what a future ruler tells his subjects. This is a problem for us loving Diana, Princess of Wales fans.

Quote:
Diana, Princess of Wales, I have read, did have a good relationship with Prince Charles after the divorce. But the summer near her death she made headlines with Dodi because she was very upset with Prince Charles giving the Duchess at very nice 50th birthday at Highgrove. I don't think at her death she totally forgave them. I do believe if she lived she would have. I think the day Prince Charles married the Duchess, Princess Diana would have been bittersweet about it. Do other Diana, Princess of Wales fan feel the same way about the title Queen for the Duchess?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Let's stay on topic...the current events of the Duchess of Cornwall.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

Zonk isn't her future title current events?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Administrator

No its not, Camilla's title should be discussed here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-16252-22.html .

Camilla's Current Events has to do with...What is she doing today? Furthermore, Camilla's current events thread shouldn't be a secondary subject to the Diana Chronicles.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Today, March 2nd, the Duchess of Cornwall has visited the Armed Forces
Chaplaincy Centre, Amport House, Andover, Hampshire SP11.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

** PA: Afghan trip chaplains meet Camilla **
Old 03-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Today, March 2nd, the Duchess of Cornwall has visited the Armed Forces
Chaplaincy Centre, Amport House, Andover, Hampshire SP11.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

** PA: Afghan trip chaplains meet Camilla **
Very good to see Camilla at the Chaplaincy Centre - they carry out an important role, and are often unrecognised for their work.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Which shows the usefulness of a royal support that ensures media attention..

The Duchess of Cornwall today also signed the book of condolence at the New
Zealand House in London following the recent earthquake in New Zealand.:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

** PA: Camilla signs quake condolence book **
Old 03-03-2011, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Today, March 3rd, the Duchess of Cornwall has launched the Wimbledon Bookfest
Young Writers’ Competition and marked World Book Day during a visit to the Wimbledon
Chase Primary School in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga ** zimbio: Camilla celebrates books **

** wimbledonsw19.com: Camilla reads to Wimbledon youngsters **
Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall has given a reception for the Southbank Centre's
Women of the World Festival, Clarence House, London, March 10, 2011.

** gettyimages gallery **

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:

The Duchess of Cornwall has given a reception for the Southbank Centre's
Women of the World Festival, Clarence House, London, March 10, 2011.

** gettyimages gallery **
Its great to see Camilla carry out a steady stream of engagements over the last few weeks - IMO, she just needs to keep his momentum up regularly.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall