The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc93 View Post
I just read that article by Richard Kay, and all I can say is what a one sided man he is with "two divorcees whose adultery ruined the life of Princess Diana" I guess he seems to forget Diana was not faithful herself, although later in the marriage as opposed to C&C being early on. Still, I would not say I'm more a Camilla fan then a Diana fan, but we have to recognize that Diana had her faults and that article is just plain rude and ignorant. I for one love the Idea of Queen Camilla, and if the Brits don't want her as queen they can send her here, I don't mind!

Diana herself dates Charles' affair with Camilla to 1986 - the same year she started her affair with James Hewitt - so hardly a difference between early and late in the marriage but rather they both started cheating on each other in the same year.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Majesty

Succinctly said and I think William and Kate have put a period to the whole nasty competition thing. They have declared their wedding an acid free zone and their choice of attendants is the final nail in the sniping coffin.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Succinctly said and I think William and Kate have put a period to the whole nasty competition thing. They have declared their wedding an acid free zone and their choice of attendants is the final nail in the sniping coffin.

We can hope but unfortunately some will continue to snipe and bring up their preferred version of events even though the two at the heart of things disagree.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Majesty

All I can say in response to Richard kay's article is that:

a) As the wife of the King, Camilla will be Queen. There is no surrepticious plot here, it is merely the law of the land
b) There is little point in speculating on who was responsible for the breakdown of the marriage of Charles and Diana. Clearly, they both had a role to play!
c) That Camilla's grand daughter is part of the wedding party is a testament to her relationship with William
d) Camilla and Kate seemed very happy when they met for lunch last week - something that would not have happened without the sanction of William!
e) Richard and the DM, stop being pathetic. Move on, find a new cause!!!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

d) William sanctions with whom Kate lunches? Maybe she does "know who he is." LOLOL
Old 02-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
d) William sanctions with whom Kate lunches? Maybe she does "know who he is." LOLOL
I suspect he has indeed "sanctioned" her eating lunch with his step-mother. Quite normai, IMO.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would suggest that if he had a problem with Kate being seen publicly with Camilla at a private lunch he would have made it clear to Kate so we can safely assume that William approves of Kate having lunch with Camilla and therefore that he is happy to have Camilla give his future wife advice, suggestions and tips.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...there is no need to rehash the Charles/Diana affairs in the Current Events thread of the Duchess of Cornwall.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Administrator

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visited the RFA Argus at HM Naval Base, Portsmouth, Britain,
February 15, 2011. Camilla made a tour of the facilities and met the staff of the hospital ship.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga **

** PA: Camilla meets hospital ship crew **
Old 02-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Lovely pictures. Camilla seems to have been out and about a fair bit recently - she just needs to keep the momentum up consistently.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Duchess of Cornwall admits to being an 'Archers addict' - Telegraph

Duchess of Cornwall admits to being an 'Archers addict'

The Duchess of Cornwall admitted to being an ''Archers addict'' as she toured the studio of the long-running soap ahead of her cameo appearance episode
Old 02-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Here's another article with a video from today:

** BBC: Duchess of Cornwall appearing in The Archers **

The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to BBC Birmingham, February 16:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

** zimbio/gettyimages: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Visits BBC Birmingham **
Old 02-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
** BBC: Duchess of Cornwall appearing in The Archers **
Thanks for the link ! HRH seems very at ease, as usual ...
Old 02-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Serene Highness

What a surprise to hear Camillas voice, the sounded a lot sweeter and feminine than I had imagined her voice to be. :)
Old 02-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

BBC - Radio 4 - The Archers

You can listen to the 15 minute episode just there!

Haha, just listened to it all. Bless her socks, she's not a natural actress but she did her best.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Camilla admits she's an Archers addict during royal visit to Ambridge | Mail Online
Old 02-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (in her favourite dress! ) has visited the Women's Institute
educational headquarters at Denman College, Oxfordshire, today, February 22nd, 2011.
Camilla toured the WI Cookery and Craft Schools and attended a reception for members
of the Women's Institute. Later she also visited the Police Rehabilitation Centre in Oxfordshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 02-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (in her favourite dress! ) has visited the Women's Institute
educational headquarters at Denman College, Oxfordshire, today, February 22nd, 2011.
Camilla toured the WI Cookery and Craft Schools and attended a reception for members
of the Women's Institute. Later she also visited the Police Rehabilitation Centre in Oxfordshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Oh well, at least she is getting wear out of her clothes!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I do like the teal coat. I've never seen the polka dot dress on it's own.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent

The teal coat is awesome, the dress even looks good with it.
When they say Women's Institute, do they mean a branch of the WI, or do they mean a prison for women?

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall