The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: January 2010-September 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Now that's so nice from her ! I 've also noticed that HRH will be one of the witnesses of the couple tomorrow...

Now that's so nice from her ! I 've also noticed that HRH will be one of the witnesses of the couple tomorrow...

Yes, very telling that William chose to have Camilla as one of the witnesses to the wedding.

I thought Camilla walking around the Mall just to talk to people was one of the nicest gestures I have seen. Quick question.. Wasn't Camilla a commoner?

Hummmm. I thought all senior members of the Royal Family signed the register as witnesses.

The war btw the DOC and Lady Annabel Goldsmith?

ROYAL WEDDING: Will Lady Annabel Goldsmith take revenge for 'snub' by Camilla? | Mail Online

Th DM is insisting on this juicy, tue or false, feud for days...

Camilla wouldn't be where and what she is now if she couldn't tell true from false friends. So I seriously doubt that she as wife to the heir of the throne will have to fear social repercussions from the daughter of a marquess, especially not from within her private circle.

BTW: the DM did forget to mention that Jemina Khan has twittered unpolite things about Catherine after the engagement was announced, so I guess William was responisble for a snub, if any appeared at all. And we have no way to know how Lady Annabel and her daughter treated Catherine when she was merely William's girlfriend. Even if they were part of William's childhood, they need not necessarily have been supporters of his liaison with Catherine, so there might be other reasons why they were not invited. Reasons which have nothing to do with Camilla at all.

The DM is just trying to stir up some drama, if anything, Jemima's rude comments on Catherine and Annabels non-existent relationship with William are more likely the reason for them not being invited. And I hardly doubt anyone would want to get on the wrong side of a future Queen, because especially after this wedding, I feel like any enemy of Camilla becomes an enemy of Catherine and William too.

It's really nice, but I don't think it's been her idea, she just accepted the invitation..:)

The Duchess of Cornwall planting a "wedding cake tree" to commemorate the marriage
of Prince William and Catherine Middleton, accompanied by Tetbury in Bloom members
and Tetbury Evening WI members in the yard of St Mary's Church in Tetbury, May 3rd,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Yay Camy is back ! (and with a new outfit with that !)...

Can't decide if I like that outfit or not...

Royal Wedding 2011 pictures: Prince Harry's £1 worm! | Mail Online

A cute story told by Camilla about her uber cute granddaughter : Eliza. (And extraordinary fact, a rather positive story from Richard Kay about the DOC).

What a very charming story! The more I read about Prince Harry, the more impressed I am with him. He may appears to be a clown, but he appears to know where the limits are, when to be serious, how to loosen people up, even with his 'bad' jokes, and of course be prepared like he apparently was for the younger bridesmaids.

About the " wiggly worm" story-
That is one thing I admire about Harry, his love of children, and sense of humor! And we know where he got that from!
How clever that was! Now we know what the kids were giggling about!
I read an article about the wedding reception, which described children wrapped around Harry's legs. Love that!

About the " wiggly worm" story-
That is one thing I admire about Harry, his love of children, and sense of humor! And we know where he got that from!
How clever that was! Now we know what the kids were giggling about!
I read an article about the wedding reception, which described children wrapped around Harry's legs. Love that!

Do you have a link to that article? I don't remember hearing about that one. :)

" wiggly worm" link in post# 377
Wrapped around Harry's legs story was either in the People or Time magazine wedding coverage.

The Duchess of Cornwall had another engagement on Thursday, besides the launch of the
CleanupUK's Beautiful Boroughs Project (see on the previous page), she officially opened
the Victorian Kitchen Garden and the new Visitor Centre at Myddelton House Gardens.

The interesting thing is that she did so together with her former husband Andrew Parker
Bowles as he is the president of the EA Bowles of Myddelton House Society. His great-great-
uncle, legendary plantsman Edward Augustus (EA) Bowles had lived at the Myddelton House
and cultivated the garden.

** Pic ** gallery **

I enjoyed seeing Camilla plant the wedding cake tree in celebration of William and Kate's wedding. She usually accompanies Charles it's nice to see her do solo engagement's.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, attended the London Press Club Awards in London, Wednesday,
May 11, 2011. The London Press Club Awards Lunch is an annual event which aims to promote
and encourage high standards of journalism.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **

A noticed speech from the Duchess and an unexpected ally for the press in these troubled times:

Duchess of Cornwall hails freedom of press - Telegraph

Its really interesting to see Camilla start to take public positions on certaiin matters. Against the backdrop of the issues around Max Moseley and the wider issue of super injunctions, it was refrreshing to see somebody stand up for the wider journalists community.

Yesterday, the Duchess of Cornwall attended a second event, she attended a
reception for the 10th anniversary of the Arab International Women's Forum,
at the Mansion House in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Here's the whole text - oh, I really love Camilla. She's such an example of a British lady and will one day be a wonderful queen. :wub:

The Prince of Wales - A speech by HRH The Duchess of Cornwall to the London Press Club Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom