The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: July 2008-December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think she could at least try to keep up with the Queen, who is 20+ years older than her. There are hundreds of charities that are turned down by other royals because they are too busy. She could easily pick up some of these charities that are desperate for a royal patron.

Here's the breakdown of the stats:

According to official Palace Court and Social records, Camilla carried out 137 domestic engagements and helped Charles on four foreign visits, while she pulled out of one Middle East tour because aides said she found it "too hot".
Last year, the Queen carried out 425 engagements and Prince Charles 498, thus making the Princess Royal as the hardest working royal with 613 official jobs and appointments.
However, many of Camilla's engagements were limited to attending family parties, joint visits with Charles, or receiving guests. In fact, one listed job was simply getting on a plane on the way to a trip overseas.

I'm very suspicious of these stats. In 2007 Camilla performed 220 engagements (including accompanying Prince Charles) & it seems unlikely that she would have done fewer this year. So it seems most likely this is a figure for solo domestic engagements & you can probably add at least another 100 for those she shares with Prince Charles. Whoever put out/made up? these statistics is also geographically ignorant as they seem to think that Indonesia (the country Camilla didn't visit) is in the Middle East not the Far East!!:nonono: They also misquote Mark Bolland. He never stated that Camilla was the laziest woman in the country. In the his interview with the Guardian he stated that a relative of Camilla's claimed that was the case. As her relatives at the time included her first husband's sister who had made a living out of making bitchy comments about Camilla to the media for the previous 10 years. I think the claim should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

If you google 'Duchess of Cornwall number of engagements' you will see many articles on the subject. I posted 4 of them, but the links were dead. They were all on the 1st page or 2 that google brought up.

If you google 'Duchess of Cornwall number of engagements' you will see many articles on the subject. I posted 4 of them, but the links were dead. They were all on the 1st page or 2 that google brought up.
All of the articles you linked to, were old articles, that is why every one of them said that the article had been archived.

Pics 15.+20.1.2009

Here are some pics of her visit last week :)

The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to a group of historic
buildings near Balmoral Castle the Royal Family's Scottish
estate in Aberdeenshire, January 15, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And here are some nice pics from today :

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall speaks with Dame Trott from pantomime
Jack and the Beanstalk, played by Chris Harris, who also directs the
panto, during a visit to the Theatre Royal in Bath on January 20, 2009
in Bath, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Last edited:
:previous:
Thank you for all the pictures iceflower, they are much appreciated. :flowers: I thought Camilla looked really smart in the first picture from last weeks visit and incredibly happy in the second set. :flowers:

thanks a lot iceflower for the pictures !
i would say "welcome back madam , we really miss you !
i hope you had a nice holidays !"
she looks great in all the pic specialy in the first pictures !

You are morst welcome, Sydragon and chaimae :flowers:

Here are some more pics of Camilla's arrival at the theatre in Bath:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Thanks for posting that great gallery, anabell :flowers:

what it does not contain are the following pics: Camilla
unveiling a very special bust - I would love to know what
she said or meant with that gesture in the last pic ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Camilla unveiling a very special bust - I would love to know what
she said or meant with that gesture in the last pic ;)

I think it's fairly safe to assume she wasn't telling mother-in-law jokes!:lol:

Thank you iceflower, anabell, QUEENECE29 & SKydragon for the new pics and articles. They are all much appreciated. :flowers:

Great to see Camilla out and about again doing engagements.

I could scream! Camilla was just up the road in Romford a few days back and I missed her! To make it worse, I did a two week cover stint last year on Bedrock radio. Grrrr!!

That's my video! And yes, it was a rare (and completely surprising) treat.

:ohmy: A small world! Well, I'm truly amazed. Thankyou so much for capturing this, it really made my day. :flowers:

I almost didn't go, too. It was a chilly and windy day (at least for June), and I'd just been to Trooping the Colour four days before and the Garter procession two days before and I figured I'd had enough ceremonial for a while. Then I realized there's no such thing as too much of that, so I claimed a spot well before the rest of the crowd got there and was extremely well-rewarded by the presence of the Queen and the Duchess.

Thank you giov! :flowers: I think HRH looked lovely and I really want that scarf! :D

:previous: I'm useless, I can't see any, could it perhaps be slight folds/shadows on the coat?

Alternately, having sampled some of the food on offer at Halton..... :sick::ROFLMAO:

I see them in every pic.
Zimbio
:nonono:
I am afraid that we will see this pic in many magazines soon!

:previous:
(...)A chef cooking sautéed potatoes offered some to The Duchess and she tried a mouthful of the dish. (...) ( from the PoW website)

Maybe a little accident happend during the meal...:whistling:

But with stains on her coat or without...take a look at her face:
She looks so happy, confident, lovely...great!:wub:
(Thank you for sending all the pics:flowers:)

Its very nice to see Camilla out and about doing her royal engagements. My only comment is that she does not appear to be doing very many engagements these days, and only been seen out 3-4 times since Christmas. This is exactly the sort of ammunition the press are looking for, and I believe, this notion of her being the laziest royal, may prevent her from using the title of Queen when the time comes. This is something that she can and should address soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom