The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Pics 23.7.2009

Here are yesterday's pics with less watermarks,
Camilla meets members of the Gloucestershire Federation of
Women's Institute during a reception at Highgrove, Tetbury
on July 22, 2009

I like those group pictures taken from a higher
point like in pic 3 , it shows more people and the
royals as a part of a whole "normal" group

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And here are the first pics from today:

The Duchess of Cornwall visited the West Wilts Show, where she
formally opened the show. She also looked around and met many
of the exhibitors, Trowbridge, Britain, July 23, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

** gettyimages gallery **

Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall could be about to start up her own colony of bees to produce Highgrove honey after receiving advice from a bee keeper at a community show

Duchess of Cornwall visits West Wilts Show - Telegraph

Thousands of people turned out in Trowbridge to welcome the Duchess of Cornwall as she arrived to give the three-day West Wilts show the royal seal of approval.

Thousands in Trowbridge Park as Camilla launches West Wilts Show (From Wiltshire Times)

Old 07-24-2009, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Pics 23.7.2009

Camilla attended another event after the West Wilts Show
yesterday:

The Duchess of Cornwall visits Knorr-Bremsee Rail Systems
Ltd and presents The Queen's Award for Enterprise innovation,
July 23, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 07-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

HE was stranded in The Solent and showing the first signs of hypothermia.
Master goldsmith Will Souter slipped in and out of consciousness as rain and strong winds battered the 26ft sports cruiser, which had suffered engine failure.

Saving my life was a gem of a day
-------------------------------
Of all the famous faces the Duchess of Cornwall has met in her royal duties, the one she encountered on Thursday is likely to be the most intimidating.

Camilla crosses path with*a scary foe as she opens*country show |Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com
Old 07-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

People wishing to attend the funeral of WWI veteran Harry Patch can now apply for tickets from Wells Cathedral

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Somerset | Tickets available for WWI funeral

HUNDREDS queued yesterday for tickets to the funeral of Harry Patch, Britain's last survivor of the World War One trenches

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...rry-Patch.html

All available tickets for the funeral of WWI veteran Harry Patch at Wells Cathedral have now been issued

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/8179275.stm
Quote:
The Duchess of Cornwall and Duchess of Gloucester are due to attend the funeral service
--------------------------
I find this somewhat distasteful, surely it should be done by invitation to his friends, family and dignitaries.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Courtier

Farewell to the Last Tommy: Thousands pay their respects at funeral of World War I veteran Harry Patch

Quote:
In life, he was honoured as the last survivor from the trenches during a war that cost millions of men their lives. In death, World War I veteran Harry Patch wanted the focus to be on peace.

And so the funeral of the 'Last Tommy', who died aged 111 last month, was about reconciliation rather than a display of military power - of inclusion rather than separation.
British soldiers who took part were joined by Belgian, French and German soldiers - a living recognition of the veteran's own words that all those involved had been blighted by the Great War.

'Irrespective of the uniforms we wore, we were all victims,' said the centenarian who fought at the Battle of Passchendaele when he was eventually ready to talk of the horrors he had witnessed.

Although no tribute would ever be enough to thank Harry Patch, the last of the British finest, I think this sincere show of respect, gratitude and emotions was a nice touch. I find it especially fitting that not only British but also Belgian, French and German soldiers joined the service.

Rest in peace, Mr. Patch.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I'm sure they reserved spaces for family and friends. I often feel that the gallant soldiers of World War I are forgotten heroes... and I know my grandfather was one of them. I wish he had had the long life of Mr. Patch.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Administrator

A few more pics of Camilla today:

HRH Camilla Duchess of Cornwall attends the funeral of WW1
veteran Harry Patch at Wells Cathedral on August 6, 2009 in
Wells, England. The Duchess of Gloucester attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 08-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
I'm sure they reserved spaces for family and friends. I often feel that the gallant soldiers of World War I are forgotten heroes... and I know my grandfather was one of them. I wish he had had the long life of Mr. Patch.
They did, as well as for the dignitaries and members of the armed services. I suppose in the end it was fitting that members of the public could also attend.

Harry Patch, First World War Veteran, Laid To Rest In Funeral At Wells Cathedral Attended By Royalty | UK News | Sky News

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Somerset | In pictures: Last Tommy's funeral
Old 08-07-2009, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Camilla leads mourners saying goodbye to Harry Patch, the 'Last Fighting Tommy'

An "ordinary Somerset man" who "became extraordinary" – this was just one of the tributes read out in honour of Britain's last surviving WWI veteran, Harry Patch, at his funeral service at Wells Cathedral in Somerset on Thursday... - HelloMagazine Article

Pitures via Daylife
Old 08-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

THE mother of a solider killed in Afghanistan who completed a 150-mile trek across five counties just a few days ago is already planning her next walk

Thetford and Brandon Times - Mother's walk of love for soldier son
Old 09-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I thought she was the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Rothesay?? Did I miss something??
Old 09-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, in Scotland, it is who she is.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
I thought she was the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Rothesay?? Did I miss something??

In Scotland Charles is known as Duke of Rothesay as the eldest son and heir so Camilla is the Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland.

In Cornwall Charles uses only the Cornwall title and not the Prince of Wales.

He is known first and foremost as Prince of Wales in Wales, England, Ireland and everywhere else outside Britain but in Cornwall it is Cornwall and in Scotland it is Rothesay so Camilla uses Rothesay in Scotland and Cornwall everywhere else.

She could also use Countess of Chester as Charles was created Earl of Chester when he was created Prince of Wales (and I suspect that when in Chester that title may be the one used).
Old 09-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

AN ANNUAL exhibition showcasing the work of Aberdeenshire artists was unveiled by its honorary member, the Duchess of Rothesay.
Members of the Upper Deeside Art Society (Udas) gathered at Ballater’s Victoria Hall for the opening of the 17th annual show last night.

Camilla unveils exhibition - Press & Journal
Old 09-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

It seems that Camilla is doing more and more these days.
Old 09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Hello Magazine said that Camilla might have missed Braemar to be handy in case her daughter goes into labor. I guess that makes sense, Camilla seems to enjoy Braemar-type events so I don't think she'd deliberately avoid it.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Talking

The Duchess held up a carrier bag decorated with the motif "I'm an old bag from Deptford" that she had been given during a visit to the 999 club, which offers food, shelter and activities to the homeless

Duchess of Cornwall makes unusual fashion statement - Telegraph

THE Duchess of Cornwall appeared to be making a very public and extraordinary confession today.

Camilla sported a shopping sack stating "I'm an old bag from Deptford" while on a Royal visit.

Meet Camilla 'the Royal bag lady' | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Courtier

She has a great attitude. I'm beginning to see why PC says 'my darling wife'.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Courtesy of Belga.

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to the 999 club in Deptford, South London The 999 Club offers help and support to the community allowing the homeless to sleep, rest and eat free food. London, England (11/09/2009).

http://i32.tinypic.com/2yug7so.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/6nqakg.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/5oi1qd.jpg

BelgaPicture - Category details

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall