The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Aristocracy

Comparison of curious what the source of a necklace. Who know?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by puresnow View Post
Comparison of curious what the source of a necklace. Who know?
How about that necklace, looks great with the dress, who has info on that one?

Old 05-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Pics 20.5.2009

British royal HRH Duchess of Cornwall on a visit to the 4th
Battalion The Rifles in Hampshire, UK, as she viewed their
training exercises before deployment to Afghanistan. 20/05/2009

Camilla dressed like this, looks always a bit funny in my eyes

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Just to round off this story with a happy conclusion...
The British government has reversed its decision and announced that retired Gurkhas with four years of service will now be allowed to reside in Britain.
Gurkha victory in settlement rights - Yahoo! News UK
Old 05-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Camilla checking for landmines
Old 05-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

More pics
Gallery IBL
Old 05-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Personally, for Camilla's image, I think it would be better if chose something to be involved with that did not echo Charles' first wife. JMO. There are so many things out there...does it really have to be landmines? And frankly, given the fact that she made only 85 solo engagements (as per the Court Circular) in the calendar year of 2008, it's not as though she was on a busy on a 'cant escape it' visit.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well she's not doing a landmine campaign. But I do agree Camilla should not involve herself with charities that are associated with the late Princess.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Well she's not doing a landmine campaign. But I do agree Camilla should involve herself with charities that are associated with the late Princess.

I though Scooter said that Camilla should NOT be involved with things associated with Diana.

I don't care what Camilla does as regards whether or not Diana was involved. Camilla needs to be involved in things that interest her and anything to do with the army does that as she spent many years as an officer's wife. If the things that interest Camilla are the same as Diana bad luck for those people who think Diana's charities should be off limits to Camilla. If Camilla isn't interested in things that Diana was interested in then so be it - some other person can always do the job.

The actual link is more, to my way of reading it, about the how the soldiers will check for landmines in Afghanistan rather than stopping them being laid.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Personally, for Camilla's image, I think it would be better if chose something to be involved with that did not echo Charles' first wife. JMO. There are so many things out there...does it really have to be landmines? And frankly, given the fact that she made only 85 solo engagements (as per the Court Circular) in the calendar year of 2008, it's not as though she was on a busy on a 'cant escape it' visit.
Camilla isn't doing a landmines campaign! She was on a visit to her regiment the 4th Battalion, The Rifles, they are about to be deployed to Afghanistan. Part of their training is to look for roadside bombs and incendiary devices, so they scan for them. She's using a scanner which is also used to pick up mines.
Camilla is quite commited to her regiment as she's made numerous visits to the soldiers over the last 12 months. She also writes to woundered soldiers and their wives and girlfriends, this information came via the Colonel of the regiment. As they are about to be deployed I doubt very much whether she wanted to escape this visit!
Since Camilla married she has been increasing her engagements each year, in 2008 ( as per Court Circular) she undertook 217 engagements, which brings her up to and some years ahead of the amount Sophie Wessex, The Duchess of Gloucester ( well ahead), the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra ( all well ahead) Looking at the rate she's attending engagements this year, solo and with Charles her total again will be an increase on last year.
Not all of Camilla's solo activities are listed in the Court Circular, such as the personal letters and connections with various organisations. The Court Circular just lists public engagements and meetings.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I though Scooter said that Camilla should NOT be involved with things associated with Diana.

I don't care what Camilla does as regards whether or not Diana was involved. Camilla needs to be involved in things that interest her and anything to do with the army does that as she spent many years as an officer's wife. If the things that interest Camilla are the same as Diana bad luck for those people who think Diana's charities should be off limits to Camilla. If Camilla isn't interested in things that Diana was interested in then so be it - some other person can always do the job.

The actual link is more, to my way of reading it, about the how the soldiers will check for landmines in Afghanistan rather than stopping them being laid.
Oops I meant not associated with.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
Camilla isn't doing a landmines campaign! She was on a visit to her regiment the 4th Battalion, The Rifles, they are about to be deployed to Afghanistan. Part of their training is to look for roadside bombs and incendiary devices, so they scan for them. She's using a scanner which is also used to pick up mines.
Camilla is quite commited to her regiment as she's made numerous visits to the soldiers over the last 12 months. She also writes to woundered soldiers and their wives and girlfriends, this information came via the Colonel of the regiment. As they are about to be deployed I doubt very much whether she wanted to escape this visit!
Since Camilla married she has been increasing her engagements each year, in 2008 ( as per Court Circular) she undertook 217 engagements, which brings her up to and some years ahead of the amount Sophie Wessex, The Duchess of Gloucester ( well ahead), the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra ( all well ahead) Looking at the rate she's attending engagements this year, solo and with Charles her total again will be an increase on last year.
Not all of Camilla's solo activities are listed in the Court Circular, such as the personal letters and connections with various organisations. The Court Circular just lists public engagements and meetings.
Going off topic for one second how do you check the Court Circular, I got the engagements for DOC one by one but their mixed in the with POW engagements as well so do I have to individually count them or is there something released that say how many engagements are done per year for each member. Going back on topic, I'll be the first to say I'm not Camilla's biggest fan in the world, (I have warmed up to her the past few years particularly the past year) but I don't see the big deal in this she wasn't even campaigning against landmines. I laughed my head off when I saw the times article about this. As for my personal feelings, I dunno I'm kinda torn in a way I don't want her to be associated with the thing Diana did but then the other half of me thinks well it's not as if we can really stop celebs/royals from taking on the Diana's charities in the future so in a way there is no harm done and it does really help the charity in the long run, so I'm not really sure but I am happy to see Camilla taking on such an active role and of course as always supporting her husband and making him very happy.

ETA: Does anyone know what going on with these two solo engagements, why does it now says " will NOT NOW" on it, none of the other ones say that so I'm assuming it's not normal and maybe means she's not doing it anymore. Sorry if it's been discussed before.
09 June 2009
The Duchess of Cornwall
President, National Osteoporosis Society, will NOT NOW open The Healthy Bones Service and launch the new Healthy Bones Mobile DEXA Unit at Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, Devon

09 June 2009
The Duchess of Cornwall
Patron, Moorland Mousie Trust, will NOT NOW visit the Exmoor Pony Centre, Dulverton, Somerset.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
Personally, for Camilla's image, I think it would be better if chose something to be involved with that did not echo Charles' first wife. JMO.
This is a good example of the need to look at the context of a picture rather than the picture itself before jumping to unfounded conclusions.

The context: The Duchess of Cornwall on a visit to the 4th
training exercises before deployment to Afghanistan

The DOC is hardly stepping on the late Diana's toes in regard to a landmines campaign!
Old 05-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post

ETA: Does anyone know what going on with these two solo engagements, why does it now says " will NOT NOW" on it, none of the other ones say that so I'm assuming it's not normal and maybe means she's not doing it anymore. Sorry if it's been discussed before.
09 June 2009
The Duchess of Cornwall
President, National Osteoporosis Society, will NOT NOW open The Healthy Bones Service and launch the new Healthy Bones Mobile DEXA Unit at Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, Devon

09 June 2009
The Duchess of Cornwall
Patron, Moorland Mousie Trust, will NOT NOW visit the Exmoor Pony Centre, Dulverton, Somerset.

This reads to me that she had agreed to do these things but now will not be doing them.

Why - who knows but maybe a check of what else is planned for the 9th June would be interesting to see if she will be doing something else.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
British royal HRH Duchess of Cornwall on a visit to the 4th
training exercises before deployment to Afghanistan. 20/05/2009

Camilla dressed like this, looks always a bit funny in my eyes

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Indeed she does look quite different in this kind of outfit. It is wonderful to see her attending engagements like this.
x
Old 05-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Charles & The Duchess of Cornwall Attend Asian Women Awards
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 05-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

From the Times article for those that didn't get the chance to read it -
Quote:
She is the Battalion’s royal Colonel and has met its soldiers a number of times over the past 12 months. Today was her final visit before they are posted to Helmand Province on June 5 ahead of up-coming elections. The unit’s commanding officer Lieutenant Colonel Rupert Jones said: “I don’t think you can understate how important it is to have a visit from the Duchess. We have a very important relationship with her and she feels this in return and I’m just grateful she found time in her busy diary to visit us

Rupert is of course the son of the legendary Lt. Col H.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
This reads to me that she had agreed to do these things but now will not be doing them.

Why - who knows but maybe a check of what else is planned for the 9th June would be interesting to see if she will be doing something else.
Yep that what I thought as well, I wonder as well what's going on, I'm trying to think I don't think any of the big royal events of the summer (ie Ascot and Trooping) interfere with this.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554 View Post
Yep that what I thought as well, I wonder as well what's going on, I'm trying to think I don't think any of the big royal events of the summer (ie Ascot and Trooping) interfere with this.
I can't find anything on either site showing the dates you have highlighted, do you remember where you saw them?

They are in Beauly, Inverness and Strathpeffer, Scotland on the 4th June. The Trooping is the 13th and Royal Ascot 16th.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
From the Times article for those that didn't get the chance to read it -

Rupert is of course the son of the legendary Lt. Col H.
Excuse my ignorance, but who is he?

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall