The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: July 2008-December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought she was the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Rothesay?? Did I miss something??

Last edited by a moderator:
No, in Scotland, it is who she is.

I thought she was the Duchess of Cornwall and the Countess of Rothesay?? Did I miss something??

In Scotland Charles is known as Duke of Rothesay as the eldest son and heir so Camilla is the Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland.

In Cornwall Charles uses only the Cornwall title and not the Prince of Wales.

He is known first and foremost as Prince of Wales in Wales, England, Ireland and everywhere else outside Britain but in Cornwall it is Cornwall and in Scotland it is Rothesay so Camilla uses Rothesay in Scotland and Cornwall everywhere else.

She could also use Countess of Chester as Charles was created Earl of Chester when he was created Prince of Wales (and I suspect that when in Chester that title may be the one used).

AN ANNUAL exhibition showcasing the work of Aberdeenshire artists was unveiled by its honorary member, the Duchess of Rothesay.
Members of the Upper Deeside Art Society (Udas) gathered at Ballater’s Victoria Hall for the opening of the 17th annual show last night.

Camilla unveils exhibition - Press & Journal

It seems that Camilla is doing more and more these days.

Hello Magazine said that Camilla might have missed Braemar to be handy in case her daughter goes into labor. I guess that makes sense, Camilla seems to enjoy Braemar-type events so I don't think she'd deliberately avoid it.

The Duchess held up a carrier bag decorated with the motif "I'm an old bag from Deptford" that she had been given during a visit to the 999 club, which offers food, shelter and activities to the homeless

Duchess of Cornwall makes unusual fashion statement - Telegraph

THE Duchess of Cornwall appeared to be making a very public and extraordinary confession today.

Camilla sported a shopping sack stating "I'm an old bag from Deptford" while on a Royal visit.

Meet Camilla 'the Royal bag lady' | The Sun |News|Royals

She has a great attitude. I'm beginning to see why PC says 'my darling wife'.

Award-winning villagers who have transformed their church into a valued community resource have invited the Duchess of Cornwall along to pay them a visit.
The group of campaigners have turned the 12th century place of worship from a little used gloomy building into a welcoming venue and earned themselves a national award.

The Press Association: Camilla invited to see church

Let’s give the Duchess her due
I hope the still-numerous detractors of the Duchess of Cornwall – or the Princess of Wales, as I prefer to think of her – were amused by this picture, in which she displayed a bag given to her on a visit to a charity in south London. I continue to wonder how long it must be before this harmless woman ceases to be treated as a cross between Myra Hindley and Mata Hari and is given the regard she merits as the consort of our future King. Her espousal of the national sense of humour is not the least of her qualities. It remains grievously unfair that, like some Ruritanian outcast, she cannot expect to become Queen when her husband ascends the Throne. Isn’t it time that we all grew up about her, and accorded her the dignity of someone other than a pariah?

The real way to protect children from paedophiles - Telegraph

:clap::clap:Luckily the detractors are becoming fewer in number!

Am I right in thinking that Camilla has not been seen for a while. Hope all is well. Does anybody know of any forthcoming engagements?

Like most of the royals she has been holidaying in Scotland and has been seen at some engagements there. No doubt now that the summer break is coming to an end she, and the others, will be back to full time engagements etc.

Am I right in thinking that Camilla has not been seen for a while. Hope all is well. Does anybody know of any forthcoming engagements?

She has one today in Aberdeen, meeting the Girls' Brigade. Early September Charles and Camilla did a week on engagements and then continued their break. Once October starts it will be back to a regular schedule of engagements. The Queen and DoE are due to begin theirs on Oct 8th.

Mary’s Highgrove visit, to commemorate our Federation’s 90th birthday, was a great success and Mary gave a report on her day there; she was most impressed that the Duchess of Cornwall made the effort to speak to all the ladies present. Three coaches containing 250 county members attended the event and this made for a very exhausting afternoon for the Duchess.

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/4654567.Brimscombe_and_Thrupp_WI/

Thanks for the photos, they're lovely. HRH really seems to be in her element amongst the boys. Can't wait till we see more with the holidays over now.

Pics 20.10.2009

HRH Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall smiles as she holds up an 18th Century
King George II fan at the 'War and Peace' Exhibition at the Fan Museum
in Greenwich on October 20, 2009 in London, England.
The Duchess also attended a reception for supporters and guests ofter
being shown around the museum.

Camilla looked very lovely and slim with that black dress today :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages **

Thanks for the pictures Iceflower!

Yes, the Duchess looks lovely. That's why its frustrating (to me at least) when she wears things that don't flatter her at all.

She has had a very busy and productive day.

The Duchess of Cornwall received a warm welcome from the Greenwich community as she paid a visit to one of London's most unique museums this week.
The royal was greeted with calls of "we love you Camilla" as she arrived at The Fan Museum on Tuesday evening

Fans inside and out as Camilla visits - Wharf

His shattered body slumped on a hospital bed, triple amputee Craig Wood tells Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, about his desperate wish to walk again.
At just 18, he is one of the youngest British soldiers to lose three limbs after he was horrifically injured in a bomb blast in Afghanistan in July.
Doctors were forced to remove both of his legs and part of his left arm. When he arrived at hospital, he had lost 27 pints of blood and doctors told his family his chance of survival was 50 per cent

Read more: The heartbreaking moment Camilla met Afghanistan veteran, 18, who lost three limbs in bomb explosion | Mail Online

:previous:
That's distressing, but he survived (the article says he is one of just three triple amputees to have made it).
It's quite noticeable that a great many of Camilla's engagements are to do with the military, both serving and wounded.

:previous: And many unreported. IMO, she is well received by members of the armed forces and their families.

Bravo for Camilla! What else happens to these troops after they have been re-habed? Some here in the States get help through this organization.
Home - Salute America's Heroes
Is there an equal that a member of the BRF is head of?

The Duchess of Cornwall attends a fund raising reception
at the Theatre Royal Bath, October 22, 2009.

-----> Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom