The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Posts regarding off topic opinions of Camilla have been moved to: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ding-9967.html

Old 12-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajat View Post
You'd think she could at least try to keep up with the Queen, who is 20+ years older than her. There are hundreds of charities that are turned down by other royals because they are too busy. She could easily pick up some of these charities that are desperate for a royal patron.

Here's the breakdown of the stats:

According to official Palace Court and Social records, Camilla carried out 137 domestic engagements and helped Charles on four foreign visits, while she pulled out of one Middle East tour because aides said she found it "too hot".
Last year, the Queen carried out 425 engagements and Prince Charles 498, thus making the Princess Royal as the hardest working royal with 613 official jobs and appointments.
However, many of Camilla's engagements were limited to attending family parties, joint visits with Charles, or receiving guests. In fact, one listed job was simply getting on a plane on the way to a trip overseas.
I'm very suspicious of these stats. In 2007 Camilla performed 220 engagements (including accompanying Prince Charles) & it seems unlikely that she would have done fewer this year. So it seems most likely this is a figure for solo domestic engagements & you can probably add at least another 100 for those she shares with Prince Charles. Whoever put out/made up? these statistics is also geographically ignorant as they seem to think that Indonesia (the country Camilla didn't visit) is in the Middle East not the Far East!! They also misquote Mark Bolland. He never stated that Camilla was the laziest woman in the country. In the his interview with the Guardian he stated that a relative of Camilla's claimed that was the case. As her relatives at the time included her first husband's sister who had made a living out of making bitchy comments about Camilla to the media for the previous 10 years. I think the claim should be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

If you google 'Duchess of Cornwall number of engagements' you will see many articles on the subject. I posted 4 of them, but the links were dead. They were all on the 1st page or 2 that google brought up.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
If you google 'Duchess of Cornwall number of engagements' you will see many articles on the subject. I posted 4 of them, but the links were dead. They were all on the 1st page or 2 that google brought up.
All of the articles you linked to, were old articles, that is why every one of them said that the article had been archived.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall is visiting a group of historic buildings successfully restored by locals.
Camilla will be given a guided tour of the cottages, which are located near Balmoral Castle, the Royal Family's Scottish estate

Camilla tours historic cottages - Falkirk Herald

The Duchess of Cornwall looked on as a charity fundraiser had his first shave in a year in Royal Deeside

icLanarkshire - Camilla sees charity beard shaved
Old 01-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Pics 15.+20.1.2009

Here are some pics of her visit last week

The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to a group of historic
buildings near Balmoral Castle the Royal Family's Scottish
estate in Aberdeenshire, January 15, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

And here are some nice pics from today :

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall speaks with Dame Trott from pantomime
Jack and the Beanstalk, played by Chris Harris, who also directs the
panto, during a visit to the Theatre Royal in Bath on January 20, 2009
in Bath, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 01-21-2009, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you for all the pictures iceflower, they are much appreciated. I thought Camilla looked really smart in the first picture from last weeks visit and incredibly happy in the second set.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Nobility

thanks a lot iceflower for the pictures !
i would say "welcome back madam , we really miss you !
i hope you had a nice holidays !"
she looks great in all the pic specialy in the first pictures !
Old 01-22-2009, 03:13 AM
Administrator

You are morst welcome, Sydragon and chaimae

Here are some more pics of Camilla's arrival at the theatre in Bath:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 01-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Royal Highness

She's behind you, Camilla
She's behind you, Camilla | The Sun |News|Royals
Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall Visiting Bernardo's Village Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Visiting Barnardo's Village - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 01-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Thanks for posting that great gallery, anabell

what it does not contain are the following pics: Camilla
unveiling a very special bust - I would love to know what
she said or meant with that gesture in the last pic

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 01-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabell View Post
Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall Visiting Bernardo's Village Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Visiting Barnardo's Village - Pictures - Zimbio
Camilla is wearing what I think are Tahitian black pearl earrings. Boy, would I like to see a necklace with them.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Camilla unveiling a very special bust - I would love to know what
she said or meant with that gesture in the last pic
I think it's fairly safe to assume she wasn't telling mother-in-law jokes!

Thank you iceflower, anabell, QUEENECE29 & SKydragon for the new pics and articles. They are all much appreciated.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:26 AM
Majesty

Great to see Camilla out and about again doing engagements.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Royal Highness

from Hello.com: The Duchess of Cornwall unveils Queen bust on Barnardo's visit
Old 01-23-2009, 07:50 PM

I could scream! Camilla was just up the road in Romford a few days back and I missed her! To make it worse, I did a two week cover stint last year on Bedrock radio. Grrrr!!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:49 PM

A rare treat;

Old 01-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Moderator Emeritus

That's my video! And yes, it was a rare (and completely surprising) treat.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 PM

A small world! Well, I'm truly amazed. Thankyou so much for capturing this, it really made my day.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall