The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Duchess of Cornwall current events 11: February-July 2008

Welcome to part 11 of the thread to discuss the Duchess of Cornwall's solo current events.

Part 10 is here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8-a-14767.html

Old 02-06-2008, 03:44 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla in the cake factory
February 5

It was never going to be her finest sartorial hour.

But the Duchess of Cornwall did her best with the obligatory hygiene uniform when she visited a bakery yesterday.

Camilla in the cake factory | the Daily Mail

( with some very nice pics )

Old 02-06-2008, 06:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Camilla in the cake factory
( with some very nice pics )
How strange, or perhaps not, that they didn't pick the best photos to use in their 'newspaper'.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
How strange, or perhaps not, that they didn't pick the best photos to use in their 'newspaper'.
Come on, at least the article was nice...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
WHAT is it with the Mail ? When I looked at the article last night at 10pm US CST there was a nice bland article about Camilla and the bakery with no Bad Hair pictures. This morning Bad Hair pictures. It is as if they change the article and pictures to trigger negative comments. I saw the same switch when she launched the ship.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The link i posted this morning was an article with nice pics! They changed it afterwards to show the ´stormy pics´... But i think Camilla is a lady who also looks good on a stormy day!
________
some more pics from getty:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 02-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
The link i posted this morning was an article with nice pics! They changed it afterwards to show the ´stormy pics´... But i think Camilla is a lady who also looks good on a stormy day!
I did wonder if that was what had happened. That or the remote possibility that you were feeling 'unwell'. Only joking!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Those pictures are funny. Looks likes she was craking up laughing. The shoes are hilarious.

Old 02-07-2008, 02:42 AM
Royal Highness

Duchess to open Discovery Centre

THE Duchess of Cornwall will officially open the £7.2m Winchester Discovery Centre later this month.

Duchess To Open Discovery Centre (from This is Hampshire)
Old 02-07-2008, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 6.2.2008

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall went to Scotts Restaurant in Mayfair
London, England to meet her children Laura and Tom- 06.02.08

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 02-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Goodness. The Duchess seems to be overdressed for the occasion, if the attire of her children is a guide as to the general dress code for the place. Maybe we are unduly critical of Beatrice.

Thanks for the pics, iceflower.

Camilla looks great though. I think she has a warmer hair colour at the moment, thought that could just be the light.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:54 AM
Aristocracy

I tend to think that Camilla's children had mistaken-thoroughly-the dresscode!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Goodness. The Duchess seems to be overdressed for the occasion, if the attire of her children is a guide as to the general dress code for the place. Maybe we are unduly critical of Beatrice.
Tom Parker-Bowles is a food writer/TV-presenter and such an ultra VIP for any top restaurant. He could probably come there in a swimsuit! Laura is the step-daughter of the Prince of Wales, she needs not dress up - and I think she looks quite nice. While Camilla is every inch HRH - as she should be when about town. But I really have to check up Scott's and their menu/chef. Must be quite good if Camilla goes there so often.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Tom Parker-Bowles is a food writer/TV-presenter and such an ultra VIP for any top restaurant. He could probably come there in a swimsuit! Laura is the step-daughter of the Prince of Wales, she needs not dress up (snip)
Yes, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
I tend to think that Camilla's children had mistaken-thoroughly-the dresscode!
Sadly, Scotts do not have a dress code! Although most of the older patrons do 'dress for dinner'.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sadly, Scotts do not have a dress code! Although most of the older patrons do 'dress for dinner'.
I just found that it's still the same Scott's from my first honeymoon - I still remember the Irish oysters with a light champagne vinaigrette, then the lobster bisque and afterwards we had a ragout from king's and queen's scallops in Sauterne sauce, followed by a marvellous lemon pudding. The next day we were invited by Anton Mosimann to have dinner in his club and though this was good as well, I can't really remember what we had except for a Salmon mousse as starter and instead of a pudding I took the Stilton with a glass of Taylor's LBV. And we heard from Anton Mosimann (who is one of the oldest friends of one of our oldest friends, a top chef from Germany) that Charles and Diana had been there the evening before when we had gone to Scott's.... Those were the days, more than 20 years ago... And my first husband died more than 8 years ago... The times, they are a-changing. Well, yes.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 7.2.2008

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Camilla, visiting The Fan
Museum in Greenwich, London, Britain - 07 Feb 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 02-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Camilla, visiting The Fan Museum in Greenwich, London, Britain - 07 Feb 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Thank you for the pictures iceflower. You can see how interested Camilla is in the fans and I have to admit some of them are absolutely beautiful.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Royal Highness

Vielen Dank iceflower!Nice to see the private pics from yesterday evening and the official ones from today!

Here are some more pics: (from isifa)

The Duchess of Cornwall visits The Fan Museum, Greenwich
February 7

Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

There is a fan museum.. she did a good job of acting interested..

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall