Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 08:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Abaca Press
Abaca Press Americas Search Results

Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Courtier

How is Emma Parker Bowles related to Camilla? I always notice her in Tatler doing reports on new cars and have wanting to ask for awhile...

Old 04-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
How is Emma Parker Bowles related to Camilla? I always notice her in Tatler doing reports on new cars and have wanting to ask for awhile...
Camilla used to be Emma Parker Bowles's aunt by marriage when Camilla was married to Andrew parker Bowles. Emma Parker Bowles's father Richard Parker Bowles is the younger brother of Andrew Parker Bowles. Tom PB and Laura Lopes Nee Parker Bowles are cousins of Emma PB.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

That picture is so darling...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall attends the 50th Annual SSAFA Forces Help Floral Luncheon at The Waldorf Hotel, London
April 30

The Press Association: Camilla at Forces charity luncheon

(...) "As someone who has a deep admiration for the Armed Forces, I do understand the valuable work that SSAFA does for our dedicated servicemen and women, past and present (...)

some pics:
Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 04-30-2008, 01:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall at Rufford Primary School
Stourbridge, England - 22.04.08

Pic 3 with the hug is too cute

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Now that is a real hug!!
Old 05-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Aristocracy

Good for you BeatrixFan (and Happy Birthday for yesterday) - I'll check it out.

Also, I just had to add my "awww" to the line, that hug is just gorgeous.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 AM

That hug in post 83 (pic 3) is the best. In all my years of royal gazing I can't recall at the moment any embrace like that one. It's a killer for sure. All those kids at the Rufford school went home telling their families about their sweet hugs and talks with the Duchess.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:13 AM
Majesty

Any one seen or heard of Camilla at a public engagement recently? Just confirms my contention that she seems to like to have her diary arranged as a flurry of activity for a few days to be followed by several weeks of quiet time. I am a huge supporter of Camilla and my only criticism of her is that she really should be carrying out (and certainly seen to be doing so!) a lot more engagements than she currently does. It does her no favours when the tabloids put together the league tables of the number of public engagements carried out during the year, and she almost always comes out at or near the bottom of the league. I know she really does not care about the publicity and never really wanted a very active life at a time when most people are retiring, but as the DoC, her role requires her to be seen regularly. These next few years are very key in the campaign for her to be accepted as the next Queen - and she really needs to be seen as a hard working royal devoted to her chosen causes (and I am in no way doubting the latter point!)
Old 05-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Thursday 15th May 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall, President, Devon County Agricultural Association, will attend the Devon County Show, West Point, Exeter.

Thursday 22nd May 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall will attend the RNLI Annual Presentation of Awards, Barbican, London.

Tuesday 27th May 2008
The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron, The Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust, will receive two new vehicles on behalf of The Wiltshire Bobby Van to celebrate their 10th Anniversary at Melksham Police Station, Hampton Park West, Melksham, Wiltshire.

The Prince of Wales - Diary
Old 05-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Any one seen or heard of Camilla at a public engagement recently? Just confirms my contention that she seems to like to have her diary arranged as a flurry of activity for a few days to be followed by several weeks of quiet time. I am a huge supporter of Camilla and my only criticism of her is that she really should be carrying out (and certainly seen to be doing so!) a lot more engagements than she currently does. It does her no favours when the tabloids put together the league tables of the number of public engagements carried out during the year, and she almost always comes out at or near the bottom of the league. I know she really does not care about the publicity and never really wanted a very active life at a time when most people are retiring, but as the DoC, her role requires her to be seen regularly. These next few years are very key in the campaign for her to be accepted as the next Queen - and she really needs to be seen as a hard working royal devoted to her chosen causes (and I am in no way doubting the latter point!)

I am no fan of Camilla but maybe she is still recuperating from her hysterectomy? When was it? I had abdominal surgery and I am much younger than Camilla, and I felt very weak and tired for months afterward. It's not easy.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla meets special school pupils
May 14

The Duchess of Cornwall has won the hearts of youngsters at a special school.

The Press Association: Camilla meets special school pupils
Old 05-14-2008, 11:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I am no fan of Camilla but maybe she is still recuperating from her hysterectomy? When was it? I had abdominal surgery and I am much younger than Camilla, and I felt very weak and tired for months afterward. It's not easy.
She had it 14 months ago in March 2007. She should be recovered by now.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Post 96 answers one of your questions. Camilla has probably been spending time on private engagements to our armed forces returning injured.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

some so nice pics from yesterday and today:

The Duchess of Cornwall at official engagements at Exeter
May 14/15

day one:

day two:

She was very good with the children and they all loved her,"

this is exeter - news, entertainment, jobs, homes and cars

Duchess practises bakery skills
May 15

"She was very enthusiastic, very hands on - I was impressed,"

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Devon | Duchess practises bakery skills
Old 05-16-2008, 05:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall attends the Devon County Show at Westpoint Exeter on May 15, 2008 in Devon, England.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 05-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Duchess practises bakery skills
May 15

"She was very enthusiastic, very hands on - I was impressed,"

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Devon | Duchess practises bakery skills
After a tangle or two with a food mixer and some flying pastry, perhaps I should ask for some pointers!
Old 05-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajat View Post
She had it 14 months ago in March 2007. She should be recovered by now.
The reason why Camilla didn't have any engagements last week is probably that the whole week was cleared to publicise Prince William's engagements. Prince Charles was even shipped out of the country - to Romania & got no publicity in the national papers or media either.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

According to Wiki the DoC has been given the Family Order. I thought that this had not yet happened. If so, when did it happen?
Old 05-19-2008, 11:43 AM

Thats right. She was given the Order sometime before the Saudi banquet.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall