The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
DANKE for the article and the pics!

Fotobanka isifa image service
milla Ca - I think you are right, there is no special system that schedules engagements like that, but I guess she just has a preference to have work periods and "off duty" times, and I guess the people who plan her diary probably bear that in mind

Old 02-27-2008, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
milla Ca - I think you are right, there is no special system that schedules engagements like that, but I guess she just has a preference to have work periods and "off duty" times, and I guess the people who plan her diary probably bear that in mind
Don't forget, that just because she is not out at a 'visible' engagement, does not mean that she is not out on an engagement. Many times she has visited returning troops, the injured or bereaved families, without the presence of the media. She also spends a lot of time writing to well wishers. Just because we don't see her working, doesn't mean she is having 'off duty' time.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla takes her ex-husband on holiday
February 28

The Prince is understood to be relaxed about his wife's break and is said to have encouraged her to go.

Camilla takes her ex-husband on holiday | the Daily Mail
Old 02-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

It is wonderful that Camilla and her former husband have maintained such a good relationship, it is great that the imediate family unit (Mother, Father, Children and Grand Kids) get a time to relax together.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Don't forget, that just because she is not out at a 'visible' engagement, does not mean that she is not out on an engagement. Many times she has visited returning troops, the injured or bereaved families, without the presence of the media. She also spends a lot of time writing to well wishers. Just because we don't see her working, doesn't mean she is having 'off duty' time.
Skydragon - You are right. She probably does do quite a lot of engagements that the Press do not cover - either because the Press are not told about them or the Press choose not to cover them as they are not glamorous. I guess, in addition to this, there must be quite a lot of time spent on diary planning, which I understand she sits in with Charles.

Hardly "work", but I presume Camilla (with or without Charles) also spends time with other members of the royal family, including the Queen and the DoE to get to know them better and to develop her relationship with them. Charles is not really known to be particularly close or deeply interested in any of his family, other than his sons........ all of which would suggest that the DoC probably does not have much time for G&Ts and lunches with old mates like Jilly Cooper any more!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
.... all of which would suggest that the DoC probably does not have much time for G&Ts and lunches with old mates like Jilly Cooper any more!
There is always time for G&T's, Cranberry Juice, etc and lunch with friends, isn't there?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I have enjoyed all of Jilly Cooper's books and would love to have G&Ts with her!
Old 03-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Royal Highness

Not an article to take the info seriously, i know, but i posted it because it´s entertaining.. and because we all are waiting for some news about our beloved Duchess....

Doting Grandmother Camilla

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has been doting on her granddaughter during a Caribbean family holiday.

Doting grandmother Camilla
Old 03-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Not an article to take the info seriously, i know, but i posted it because it´s entertaining.. and because we all are waiting for some news about our beloved Duchess....
Thank you for that! The beauty of grandchildren is that, you can hand them back! (Yes, I love our little darlings to bits, but sometimes it is so nice when nanny puts them to bed)!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

I would love to see Camilla playing with her grand-daughters!

That article refers to Rosemary as Andrew's "new wife", but I thought they'd been married for quite a few years now, no?
Old 03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
That article refers to Rosemary as Andrew's "new wife", but I thought they'd been married for quite a few years now, no?
They married 1996, only 12 years from now...really a ´new wife´...
Old 03-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

So, how did the vacation add to Camilla's carbon footprint? Forgive me, I'm a little punchy from having received almost 5 feet of snow this winter.

I wondered where Camilla was during Harry's homecoming.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Nobility

The constant criticism of the Duchess has irritated me for years. Though only recently a royal watcher i have long admired her for her grace and endurance through the years good to know she has a few other fans.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Aristocracy

I suposse Camilla was in the Caribbean with her family, during Harry´s homecoming. It doesn´t matter.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
I suposse Camilla was in the Caribbean with her family, during Harry´s homecoming. It doesn´t matter.
How nice that you reply to this thread although the topic ´doesn´t matter ´ to you!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Given that Harry returned to the UK on very short notice, it would have been difficult for the Duchess to return as quickly. (I'm not thinking that there was any reason for the Duchess to snub him, Harry and she seem to get along very well.)

I'll tell you what I tell my cats... "Be nice. Don't fight!"
Old 03-04-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
If Harry had served his full term as expected, Camilla would have been home when Harry arrived back in Britain. Due to the unexpected and sudden nature of his return, Camilla was taking a well deserved holiday from which she obviously couldn't rush back from without disrupting plans for the visit to the Carribean with her husband.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

A senior bodyguard to the Duchess of Cornwall has killed himself.
Sergeant Richard Fuller, 55, who managed security at her Wiltshire country home, Ray Mill House, was found dead this morning and is believed to have shot himself

Camilla's security boss found dead after 'shooting himself' at home | the Daily Mail
Old 03-10-2008, 02:15 PM
Serene Highness

It's terrible and sad...

I 'm shocked by some readers ignominious comments....some people should get a life...
Old 03-10-2008, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

Wink wish I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Camilla, visiting The Fan
Museum in Greenwich, London, Britain - 07 Feb 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
I would love to have gone to this museum. I did get to the Costume Museum in Bath last year but too little time to do everything interesting on vacation.

Some folks wouldn't be interested in fans but I know I carry one in my purse at all times. Even with air-conditioning there are days that I still need one in the Southern US. Last year in England I did find many non-air conditioned buildings. Those of us on the tour group that had brought fans found ourselves passing them around at times, especially in the theatres.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall