The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A luxury liner launched by the Duchess of Cornwall has been hit by a potentially fatal stomach bug, which has struck down nearly 80 passengers.

'Curse of Camilla' cruise ship struck by winter vomiting bug | the Daily Mail

:rolleyes:From the article - "dubbed the Canary Islands trip the "cruise from hell" after complaining about poor room service, blocked toilets, a lack of Christmas decorations, cold food and extra charges for tea and coffee".

"The highly infectious Norovirus can kill and is frequently spread by food handlers who fail to wash properly". - and this is Camilla's fault how? :rolleyes:

Champagne never lies...:ohmy::neutral::ROFLMAO:

Those poor holdiay makers. Not nice at all.

A luxury liner launched by the Duchess of Cornwall has been hit by a potentially fatal stomach bug, which has struck down nearly 80 passengers.

:rolleyes:From the article - "dubbed the Canary Islands trip the "cruise from hell" after complaining about poor room service, blocked toilets, a lack of Christmas decorations, cold food and extra charges for tea and coffee".

"The highly infectious Norovirus can kill and is frequently spread by food handlers who fail to wash properly". - and this is Camilla's fault how? :rolleyes:

Simply umbelievable! And when you take a look at some of the article's comments...
I'm pretty sure that some pseudo journalists from this s... of Daily Mail just waited an event like this aboard the ship to hurt again a little bit more the Duchess.
Their articles are often ridiculous, but this one is ridiculous AND particulary rude imo.

That was so stupid calling it the curse of the duchess. the Daily Mail needs to get a life.

To built a connection between Camilla, who launches the ship, and the virus the travellers are infected now is too stupid, too ridiculous, too impudent, to give a serious comment!
But didn´t we wait of this kind of rubbish after the champagne bottle didn´t break?:bang:
(Maybe the ships have a problem with hygiene?):rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi I'm new to the forum. Pleased to see the support for Camilla. A dignified lady I think.

What happened with all these ships then?:rolleyes:

I believe it's what's known as 'light jesting', and it's accessible to all...;)

I do feel sorry for those who are hoping for the trip of a lifetime only to harbour a stomach ailment or even worse. Not nice.

Last edited:
Hi I'm new to the forum. Pleased to see the support for Camilla. A dignified lady I think.
Hello normalil, welcome! :welcome:

Sickness strikes Camilla's cruise ship - Telegraph

The illness that has taken hold of the £300 million Queen Victoria, follows a run of bad luck cast at the luxury cruise liner's naming

The bad luck has nothing to do with Camilla, but much to do with bad hygiene, untrained staff and poor management! The same for the QE2 who as we know had no problems with champagne bottles breaking or not! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
To built a connection between Camilla, who launches the ship, and the virus the travellers are infected now is too stupid, too ridiculous, too impudent, to give a serious comment!
But didn´t we wait of this kind of rubbish after the champagne bottle didn´t break?:bang:
(Maybe the ships have a problem with hygiene?):rolleyes:

Gisela, Camilla did not launch the ship (that happened when the ship left its dock and went into the sea - in South Africa? Or where was she bulid?) she simply named it.

And that's a difference, an important one, IIRC. "Curses" only appear at the launch of a ship not on a naming ceremony...

I can't see how a cruise ship can possibly be a breeding ground for germs as a result of staff hygiene neglect when cruise ships are usually staffed entirely gay men and I don't know one gay man who wouldn't wash his hands before going into the kitchen.

Gisela, Camilla did not launch the ship (that happened when the ship left its dock and went into the sea - in South Africa? Or where was she bulid?) she simply named it.

Totally exact it was Maureen Ryan, who worked aboard all the 4 previous "Queens" ships, who launched the ship in the shipyard in Italy.
But sadly the D... Mail doesnt care about such details....

It is interesting how people, espeically journalists at the Daily Mail and such publications, fail to completely ignore Science and Medicine. Viruses are spread by germs and people breathing all over each other and not washing their hands. Especially on ships where everyone is in such close quarters--one non-Lysoled doorknob or remote control and everyone gets sick. So, unless Camilla was there deliberately rubbing her germ infested hands on doorknobs throughout the Victoria, I fail to see the connection. Really, this is
"Curse of Camilla" is just completely inappropriate to suggest and it thoroughly annoyes me!

It is interesting how people, espeically journalists at the Daily Mail and such publications, fail to completely ignore Science and Medicine. Viruses are spread by germs and people breathing all over each other and not washing their hands. Especially on ships where everyone is in such close quarters--one non-Lysoled doorknob or remote control and everyone gets sick. So, unless Camilla was there deliberately rubbing her germ infested hands on doorknobs throughout the Victoria, I fail to see the connection. Really, this is
"Curse of Camilla" is just completely inappropriate to suggest and it thoroughly annoyes me!

Well, she shot JFK and invaded Poland - why wouldn't she spread a virus on a cruise liner? :rolleyes:

It most likely refers to the old superstition that if the champgne bottle does not break the ship is cursed. Plenty of articles available around the time the ship was launched with the uncooperative champagne bottle. No need to take everything so seriously.

Well, she shot JFK and invaded Poland

Not sure about assasination of JFK but certainly she's never been to Poland and I don't mind her invading my homeland - what a photo op for me :D !

This is a discussion board and therein lies its value.

However, I really don't understand why we would give any air at all to these newspaper reports which are, so palpably, arrant nonsense.

Much of this sort of rubbish is written to glean a reaction. We shouldn't oblige, in my opinion.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, DUCHESS!

Lets just call it very 'challenged' source!:rolleyes:

Now that was a good one... :ROFLMAO::D.

BTW - I personally wouldn't wonder if the Mail had checked their staff for virus-victims and booked them a cabin on the Queen Vic with ""best wishes for a speedy recovery"..... ;)

Ah, an when we discussed the topic yesterday my mother-in-law who is an experienced doctor with Germany's public health service and there responsible for fighting epidemies asked if there are enough places with sinks (with hot water!) and desinfectants availbale all over the ship for staff's use? She told she had once travelled on a first class cruise ship where they had passenger's loos at every corner, but only one staff loo for the whole section of the ship.... Makes one wonder about the Queen Vic....

Last edited:
So, unless Camilla was there deliberately rubbing her germ infested hands on doorknobs throughout the Victoria, I fail to see the connection.

Aha, now we know where she was when reporters couldn't spot her at Sandringham when expected. :rolleyes:

Aha, now we know where she was when reporters couldn't spot her at Sandringham when expected. :rolleyes:
:ROFLMAO::lol::ROFLMAO::lol:

Too funny!
And, Jo, that is disturbing about the cruise ship loos. NASTY. I personally know that when I travel I take the antibacterial wipes and a little can of lysol and I hose down every surface in that room--beginning with doorknobs, faucets, remotes, light switches, etc....and then I call housekeeping and ask for a new bedspread. I don't think I would make it on a cruise; once I disinfected my cabin I would be scared to leave it!:unsure:

Oh yes, and I completely forgot that Camilla shot JFK--could it be she had something to do with Elvis' death, too?:eek:

Elvis isn't dead, he's eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich as we speak lol, my uncle saw his fishing not long ago ;O
poor camilla i'm glad she has a good sense of humor, some of this stuff, if you couldn't laugh at it, life would be really hard to face in the morning.

i think its a lovely gesture and wish her all the luck in learning welsh- it's a very thoughtful thing to do and i applaud her for it. hope we don't having pages of post of how "bad" she speaks it, gracious people appreciate the effort in which it was made imo. it's always polite to learn a few phrases when visiting another country with a different language, and usually people are charmed you tried, even if when you muck it up.:flowers:

^ Oh Welsh is a very difficult language! I think the undertaking is a brave one, and even if she is "mediocre" she is doing well indeed. Mediocre Welsh, I think, is as good as excellent anything else. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom