The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who thought a glamourpuss could emerge so late in life? We tally the cost of Camilla Parker-Bowles´ transformation.

Printer Friendly
What is pathetic about this article, is that they have tallied up all these imaginary costs and treatments. These include 65 new dresses + 12 with room at the neck for jewels, what a treat for us all to look forward too! :rolleyes: :censored:

The first time I heard about this, I thought it was hilarious. I'm sure Camilla will have a chuckle and that Mr Everett will do a good job but in my opinion, nobody can beat dear old Alistair Sim as Miss Fritton.

The cross dresser was fabulous. Good work. Why does anyone imagine a great deal of money has not been spent on Camilla. And who cares. It is her due. I didn't think she would continue with her awful wardrobe of the past. She needed a lot of work. The press refers to anyone, anyway. There are many women who use previous names. Bush is referred to as "W", not that I care. Why should anyone else care. Unfortunately, her outfit today was totally awful. Not the outfit itself, but it was dowdy and looked ridiculous for this time of year. If they are trying to sell her as the next, Queen Mother", so to speak, that should be more offensive than her name. Either she is a person in her own right, with some sort of style of her own, or she is some caricature of someone else.

...... Why does anyone imagine a great deal of money has not been spent on Camilla. And who cares. It is her due. .......
I don't think anyone doesn't accept that Camilla now spends a lot more on her appearance, but the times article is all imagination.

Just a few questionable statements - "blows a rumoured £3,000 a month" - No evidence offered (not even 'a source') for the alleged expenditure on make-up, facials, Teeth or Harley Street - Initial cost One week’s upkeep of three nags, £900; thrice-weekly one-to-one yoga, £255; monthly consultation with holistic guru, £200.

I keep horses and as they also have their own stabling, even with the cost of one exclusive groom for Camillas three, I can't work out where they get their £900 per week, unless their Barley, Oats or Hay is gold plated! Again no mention of the ubiquitous 'source' to 'back up' their claims that Camilla has 3 yoga sessions per week or a monthly consultation with a holistic guru. :rolleyes:

wow:eek: camilla has really made it in the states if she's made the enquirer;). it's usually ufos, britneys (or other young girls) private parts, mug shots and drunk pics of "yawn who cares celebrities", special diets, "my kid was born with 3 brains" kind of stuff- total grownup comic book. i always glance at the headlines for a laugh of the day at the supermarket. in my mind it means she's become a player across the pond, only a matter of time before she's recognized and respected by a wide range of people. they already know her in the mansions, now they'll know her in the trailer park:ROFLMAO:

all you have to do is watch their interaction and love of each other to dismiss these silly stories, he's so thrilled his feet aren't touching the floor, a key element in a solid relationship is being happy the other person is happy and proud of their honors. i think camilla has a good sense of humor and would probably find the times article funny- she needs to learn (if she hasn't already) better find something to laugh about every situation or you may very well sit down and never stop crying. i don't believe a word of it but that doesn't mean it wasn't in a catty way amusing. i do wish she would get a better bra, she has an hour glass figure when she pulls them puppies up.
one of the reasons i follow royals is the way they can make me smile and brighten my day. charles and camilla are one of those couples.

I don't think anyone doesn't accept that Camilla now spends a lot more on her appearance, but the times article is all imagination.

Just a few questionable statements - "blows a rumoured £3,000 a month" - No evidence offered (not even 'a source') for the alleged expenditure on make-up, facials, Teeth or Harley Street - Initial cost One week’s upkeep of three nags, £900; thrice-weekly one-to-one yoga, £255; monthly consultation with holistic guru, £200.

I keep horses and as they also have their own stabling, even with the cost of one exclusive groom for Camillas three, I can't work out where they get their £900 per week, unless their Barley, Oats or Hay is gold plated! Again no mention of the ubiquitous 'source' to 'back up' their claims that Camilla has 3 yoga sessions per week or a monthly consultation with a holistic guru. :rolleyes:

I agree Skydragon. I board my horses at a top of the line training facility in the the NY metro surrounding area. My traner has 2 olympic medals and a world chamiopnship and our board is $2000 monthly which is about Euro 250 weekly, if i did the math right. Obviously horses have shoeing expenses etc but I dont know how you would get it to Euro 900 weekly. Maybe carats not carrots?:flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall visited a performace of the musical ´Grease´. The Duchess was in attendance as the musical has raised 500.000 pounds for the cancer charity Macmillian.
December 12

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

One sincerely hopes that Camilla was there not only because of the charitable reason but because she simply enjoys seeing a musical once in a while. Sometimes I get the impression that she is never prictured doing the things she personally enjoys. When does she go riding her three horses? Or the others she can now command as wife of the Prince of Wales? When does she walk her dogs? I miss pictures of her doing her christmas shopping or going into a concert in private - not that I'm so nosy I need them for me but because I somehow am afraid she simply does not longer have time for such small things due to her right Royal job. That would be a pity, really.

I also hope that she will spent some time at christmas with her own family in her own home, probably cooking for them while her son delights her with the latests experiences at the London restaurant scene and a taste of the latest "in-"wine or champagne in a cosy kitchen setting. She has given up so much for her prince!

My favorite christmas movie comes to mind: German title is "Drei Haselnüsse für Aschenbrödel" or "Three nuts for Cinderella" in English - maybe the most famous of all those wonderful Czech fairytale movies, but surely the one with the most beautiful princess. Here's a pic with her a poor Cinderella: http://img.radio.cz/pictures/osobnosti/safrankova4x.jpg

The interesting thing is that while the prince very fast falls in love with Cinderella, she keeps her identity and pride and makes him accept that she is not "the prince's bride" but her own personality. For example at the ball the prince tells her on dancing that he wants to marry her. She answers: "Do not speak so loudly, prince. The others might hear". And he says: "Why not? They can all hear that I'm so happy, that I have found my bride". But she replies: "You've forgotten one important thing, your highness." "He is astonished, asking what did he forget? And she tells him: "You didn't ask the bride if she wants to have you" and walks out on him. And in the final scene, before they become a couple, he has to admit that he realised that she has been all three "characters" he had met during the film: the poor, little girl in the woods, the sucessful hunter and the beautiful dancer at the ball. Only then does he gets to tell her: "You are mine. If you want to take me on?"

Somehow I believe that the same happened to Charles when he wanted to marry Camilla: She took him on, because she loves him. But she pays a price for it. Hopefully not to high a price... :flowers:

One sincerely hopes that Camilla was there not only because of the charitable reason but because she simply enjoys seeing a musical once in a while. Sometimes I get the impression that she is never prictured doing the things she personally enjoys. When does she go riding her three horses? Or the others she can now command as wife of the Prince of Wales? When does she walk her dogs? I miss pictures of her doing her christmas shopping or going into a concert in private - not that I'm so nosy I need them for me but because I somehow am afraid she simply does not longer have time for such small things due to her right Royal job. That would be a pity, really.
I wouldn't worry Jo, I am quite certain that Camilla enjoys all the normal things, such as walking the dogs and riding. She also, as you know almost always tears off to be with her children after the Sandringham turnout.

Now that the media is unable to 'catch' her out and her friends don't notify them where Camilla is or sell phone pictures, most of her private events are just that - private. Look at the recent revelation that she visits the injured and the families of the bereaved. She really does seem to attract loyalty. :flowers:

When with Charles becomes king, I hope that Camilla's children will be asked to spend the hollidays with the RF. That way Camilla's does not have to be apart from them and her grandchildren.

It may be that her children don't want to join the pomp and ceremony of a Royal Christmas. Harry (Lopes) has parents, who surely wants to spend the holidays with their son and daughter-in-law. Laura, by all accounts, also seems to be a very private sort of person.Tom & Sara are new family and will need time on their own.

I do think the Duchess & her children like it the way it is: Royal Christmas with the Royal Family, and then a quiet family Christmas/New Year time.

Pics 13.12.2007

Thanks for the very lovely Camilla pics from yesterday :flowers:

Here are the first ones from today:

The Duchess of Cornwall, accompanied by former Beirut hostage
Terry Waite, during a visit to a charity shop, part of the Emmaus
Community, in south London, Thursday Dec.13, 2007. The Duchess
visited a 25-bed accommodation facility for previously homeless
people, and the nearby charity shop.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thank you to all for the pictures. :flowers: I hope you are sitting down :D - I hate that blooming scarf/pashmina/whatever, although I do like the velvet coat from milla Ca's post! :flowers:

I'm not too shocked about your dislike, dear Skydragon :D:)
Carpet scarf may be the word you were searching for ;), so here are
three more pics especially for you ;)

* Camilla 1 * Camilla 2 * Camilla 3 *

It may not be what we would call stunning, but I think we can all agree that HRH wears it well!

I think it looks very nice on her, adding a softening feature between her face and her dark suit. I think the colours suit her, too. Very appropriate and she wears it well. I also like the velvet coat, which was very smart for the occasion. I like everything she wears, actually, and I like her. :)

Thanks for the pics, iceflower & milla Ca :flowers:

It may not be what we would call stunning, but I think we can all agree that HRH wears it well!

Yes, she looks very nice, not like some ridiculous image of the Queen Mother from days gone by.

William swaps the nightclub for a quiet meal with Camilla - and there's no sign of Charles or Harry

Prince William last night continued his hectic Christmas party schedule - but this time ditched his posh pals in favour of a more sobre affair with his stepmother.

Wills joined The Duchess of Cornwall for a meal at classy London restaurant, Scott's in Mayfair last night and the pair were also accompanied by her children Tom and Laura. Parker-Bowles and the young prince have rarely been seen out together and their outing was especially notable for the absence of her husband Prince Charles.

Pictures:
William & Camilla (you can see Harry Lopes behind Camilla)
William 1
William 2

I'm glad William and Camilla appear to have such warm relationships, it's really wonderful. :)
The article is not entirely correct however, Prince William and Tom have been friends for a long time, and there have been out seen together for many occassions. And William always appeared to have great relationships with Laura as well.

Last edited:
Pics 14.12.2007

It's been a pleasure, Skydragon ;) and Avalon, thanks
for these interesting pics! :)

The Duchess of Cornwall visits Bulford Camp in Salisbury to
present Iraq tour medals to the soldiers of 4th Battalion,
The Rifles, nicknamed "Lions of Basra&quot, 14 Dec

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Well for once i think the hat i just "no no", what the hell is that feather? The coat is great though.

I agree the feather is just horrible! She does look lovely in the coat though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Avalon for posting the pics of yesterday!:flowers:

I really like it to see William together with Camilla, Laura and Harry (L.) at this family dinner. Just the absence of Charles and Harry makes the good informal relationship they have more than clear.

Some days ago we could read about the close realtionship of Camilla to ´her soldiers´. So i think it was a special event for both sides.

She wore a specially designed outfit of a Rifles-green crepe dress and military frock coat made from 4 Rifles wool.

I will forgive her the adornment for the visits she makes in private to our boys! :flowers:

Yes, me too. She seems to do so much for people that nobody has a clue about. Wonderful Lady!

Has somebody ever seen or read something about any family contact of Camilla with the wife of Archduke Sigismund of Austria-Tuscany?
The Archduchess Elyssa Juliet is née Edmonstone, a direct descendant of Alice Keppel's brother, the 5th. Baronet Edmonstone as daughter of the 7th Baronet and thus a cousin of Camilla. She married the archduke in 1999 - did Camilla attend the wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom