The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy

The earrings seem the same.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:39 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla visits sports centre
January 29

The Duchess of Cornwall will visit an innovative sports centre before unveiling a new podiatry clinic.

The Press Association: Camilla visits sports centre

Old 01-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Royal Highness

Leyton: Camilla visits Score centre
January 29

HRH Duchess of Cornwall visited Leyton to see at first hand the work being done to improve the health and well-being of young people.

Leyton Camilla Visits Score Centre (from East London and West Essex Guardian Series)

Camilla visits city coaching centre

The Duchess of Cornwall has cheered on toddlers competing in a mini Olympics at a centre offering sports and education opportunities to young people.

The Press Association: Camilla visits city coaching centre
Old 01-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Leyton: Camilla visits Score centre
January 29

HRH Duchess of Cornwall visited Leyton to see at first hand the work being done to improve the health and well-being of young people.

Leyton Camilla Visits Score Centre (from East London and West Essex Guardian Series)
I never thought I would read these words in the "Guardian" - but then, It#s just (hmmm...., "just"?) a reader's opinion:

"To have the honour of a Royal visit is such a boost to the fine and fruitful efforts of all those associated with the Score Centre. The day the Duchess of Cornwall visited the centre will surely live long in the memories of the children, teachers, coaches and volunteers with whom she met, and it is surely one of The Duchess's great charms that she is such a very warm and relaxed person and that she has such a knack for putting people at ease."
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I never thought I would read these words in the "Guardian" - but then, It#s just (hmmm...., "just"?) a reader's opinion:

"To have the honour of a Royal visit is such a boost to the fine and fruitful efforts of all those associated with the Score Centre. The day the Duchess of Cornwall visited the centre will surely live long in the memories of the children, teachers, coaches and volunteers with whom she met, and it is surely one of The Duchess's great charms that she is such a very warm and relaxed person and that she has such a knack for putting people at ease."
In the end Jo, it is the opinion of members of the public that will count in the end.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Royal Highness

some pics of today: ( i´m sorry, can´t send you a larger version)

The Duchess of Cornwall visits the Score Community Centre, Leyton, London, Jan 29

Fotobanka isifa image service

Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Gisela, they are great pics - the duchess seems to get more attractive year by year - I wish I could say that for me (and I'm equally happily married....LOL). Or did she change her look a bit?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
In the end Jo, it is the opinion of members of the public that will count in the end.
You're right in this, I'm sure. And IMHO "the public" wants to see positive things coming from their Royals: no scandals, discretion, maritial bliss if possible but most of all a love of the British way of life - all they can have with the prince and his wife. Including their love of tea, ale, salmon, mutton and sandwiches.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
You're right in this, I'm sure. And IMHO "the public" wants to see positive things coming from their Royals: no scandals, discretion, maritial bliss if possible but most of all a love of the British way of life - all they can have with the prince and his wife. Including their love of tea, ale, salmon, mutton and sandwiches.
And don't forget HRH Biscuits for desert!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:56 AM
Royal Highness

some more pics from yesterday:

talking to a teacher:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

with pupils

with scarf

lauching

a little speech
fit to be a future Queen
Old 01-30-2008, 04:09 AM
Aristocracy

I am geting sick of the scarf we have seen a lot of it since December!

fit to be a future Queen

But i do love this image thanks Milla Ca
Old 01-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you for all the pictures milla Ca, but the dreaded scarf, she should know by now I don't like it!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:39 PM

I think I'm alone in quite liking it!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

That is a great picture of Camilla.

And Beatrixfan, your not the only one who likes the scarf
Old 01-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
That is a great picture of Camilla.

And Beatrixfan, your not the only one who likes the scarf
I like it as well.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I think I'm alone in quite liking it!
No you're not Sweetie, I do too!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Gentry

Recycled?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...21_POLFOTO.jpg

Have we seen this outfit before. The pleated skirt looks familiar?
I can't decide whether or not patterned clothes (such as the scarf) look good on her or not but the scarf is nice and the color is good for her. Maybe she is trying to keep away a cold it doesn't look like it would keep her very warm.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordonez View Post
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10...21_POLFOTO.jpg

Have we seen this outfit before. The pleated skirt looks familiar?
I can't decide whether or not patterned clothes (such as the scarf) look good on her or not but the scarf is nice and the color is good for her. Maybe she is trying to keep away a cold it doesn't look like it would keep her very warm.
I too thought the outfit looked familiar. I love the skirt with the inside of the box pleats in a darker colour. A plain scarf would have worked well with the tweed, perhaps picking up the darker colour from inside the pleat.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Aristocracy

It is a lovely scarf, A north Indian item. worth about 6.000rupes = $171.00AU

But it has been seen at least 9 times since 14 december 07. Time to get another colour.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall