The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
I'm not too shocked about your dislike, dear Skydragon
Carpet scarf may be the word you were searching for , so here are
three more pics especially for you

* Camilla 1 * Camilla 2 * Camilla 3 *
Thank you iceflower, you are just too kind. (Bring back the summery Dress and Coat).

Old 12-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent

William swaps the nightclub for a quiet meal with Camilla - and there's no sign of Charles or Harry

Prince William last night continued his hectic Christmas party schedule - but this time ditched his posh pals in favour of a more sobre affair with his stepmother.

Wills joined The Duchess of Cornwall for a meal at classy London restaurant, Scott's in Mayfair last night and the pair were also accompanied by her children Tom and Laura. Parker-Bowles and the young prince have rarely been seen out together and their outing was especially notable for the absence of her husband Prince Charles.

Pictures:
William & Camilla (you can see Harry Lopes behind Camilla)
William 1
William 2

I'm glad William and Camilla appear to have such warm relationships, it's really wonderful.
The article is not entirely correct however, Prince William and Tom have been friends for a long time, and there have been out seen together for many occassions. And William always appeared to have great relationships with Laura as well.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Pics 14.12.2007

It's been a pleasure, Skydragon and Avalon, thanks
for these interesting pics!

The Duchess of Cornwall visits Bulford Camp in Salisbury to
present Iraq tour medals to the soldiers of 4th Battalion,
The Rifles, nicknamed "Lions of Basra&quot, 14 Dec

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 12-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Well for once i think the hat i just "no no", what the hell is that feather? The coat is great though.

More pics of this very interesting and moving event from getty:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 12-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Well for once i think the hat i just "no no", what the hell is that feather? The coat is great though.

I agree the feather is just horrible! She does look lovely in the coat though.
Old 12-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Avalon for posting the pics of yesterday!

I really like it to see William together with Camilla, Laura and Harry (L.) at this family dinner. Just the absence of Charles and Harry makes the good informal relationship they have more than clear.

Some days ago we could read about the close realtionship of Camilla to ´her soldiers´. So i think it was a special event for both sides.

She wore a specially designed outfit of a Rifles-green crepe dress and military frock coat made from 4 Rifles wool.
Prince Charles in a speech, 6th December 2006
Old 12-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
The Prince of Wales - The Duchess presents Iraq tour medals to 4th Battalion The Rifles

She wore a specially designed outfit of a Rifles-green crepe dress and military frock coat made from 4 Rifles wool.

I think this could be the explanation for that feather.
I will forgive her the adornment for the visits she makes in private to our boys!
Old 12-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I will forgive her the adornment for the visits she makes in private to our boys!
Yes, me too. She seems to do so much for people that nobody has a clue about. Wonderful Lady!
Old 12-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Has somebody ever seen or read something about any family contact of Camilla with the wife of Archduke Sigismund of Austria-Tuscany?
The Archduchess Elyssa Juliet is née Edmonstone, a direct descendant of Alice Keppel's brother, the 5th. Baronet Edmonstone as daughter of the 7th Baronet and thus a cousin of Camilla. She married the archduke in 1999 - did Camilla attend the wedding?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla does a spot of shopping in London charity shop

Camilla does a spot of shopping in London charity shop
Old 12-14-2007, 06:08 PM
Royal Highness

What a wonderful story! The more I read about HRH the more I like her; she is truly generous, gracious and down to earth--making her a real asset to the Royal Family--

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Although it is a very appropriate question to ask, Duchess of Cornwall has decided to wear this masterpiece. So she liked it then. The coat fitted her well, whereas the feather element of the hat looked rather odd.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:06 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the article, Skydagon!

She told the battalion: "You have made your Royal Colonel very proud, proud of you and proud to be British, and I believe this country owes you a huge debt of gratitude.(...)

Duchess Presents Medals To Soldiers (from Wiltshire Times)

The Duchess´s speech:

The Prince of Wales - A speech by HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, Royal Colonel, 4th Battalion The Rifles, Bulford, Wiltshire
Old 12-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Royal Highness

Royal assignment
December 15

A Barrow artist who wanted to get his prized painting of Astute signed by the Duchess of Cornwall has got his wish in time for Christmas.

barrow in furness, barrow news sport, ulverston news sport, lake district news
Old 12-15-2007, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The Duchess of Cornwall visits Bulford Camp in Salisbury to
present Iraq tour medals to the soldiers of 4th Battalion,
The Rifles, nicknamed "Lions of Basra", 14 December 2007
14 December 2007
ABACA Press Gallery
10 Images: The Duchess awarding the medals in Salisbury, Wiltshire

12 December 2007
Abaca Press Gallery
12 Images: The Duchess at the "Grease" performance in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support @ London's Picadilly Theatre
ABACA Press Gallery 2
7 Images (only 2 showing The Duchess)

Getty Images Gallery
16 Images
Old 12-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Royal Highness

The Duchess of Cornwall arrives for the London International Horse Show at Olympia, west London
December 17

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet
Old 12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Thank you for the article, Skydagon! Duchess presents medals to soldiers
She told the battalion: "You have made your Royal Colonel very proud, proud of you and proud to be British, and I believe this country owes you a huge debt of gratitude.(...)
The Duchess has made a lovely speech. The more I see of her works, the more I like her.

Off topic: Thank you Great Britian and her soldiers for being a good friend to the United States.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
The Duchess of Cornwall arrives for the London International Horse Show at Olympia, west London
December 17

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet
The Duchess presented Michael Whitaker with the Christmas Stakes Trophy. She also presented the Raymond Brooks-Ward Memorial Trophy to Ellen Whitaker. The Duchess met the riders of the Shetland Pony Grand National competition. She visited the stables. And best of all, The Duchess met Santa Claus!

Getty Images Gallery (14 Images)

ABACA Press Gallery (9 Images)

Tomorrow The Princess Royal attends the London Horse Show....
Old 12-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Royal Highness

Does it seem to anyone else that the Duchess' workload has picked up and she is doing more solo engagements?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Does it seem to anyone else that the Duchess' workload has picked up and she is doing more solo engagements?

I agree. Since her hysterectomy, her workload has definitely picked up. I think her energy level is back to normal now. I remember reading around the time of the surgery, she was always tired. I think we are finally seeing Camilla at her normal energy level. And I suspect people aren't going to be able to say she is lazy anymore.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall