The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Administrator

The Duchess of Cornwall current events 10: 15 November 2007 - 5 February 2008

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall

Welcome to the Duchess of Cornwall current events thread, part 10

commencing November 2007

Part 9, covering the period 8 September to 15 November 2007 can be found here.

¨ ¨ ¨

Old 11-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
The Duchess' skin and hair look very good lately. Does anybody think she got some botox?
Georgiea, I want some botox!

Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Georgiea, I want some botox!
Its easy and cheep too. Just find a good injector. But I do not think that Camilla has had it done. Going over the photos for the last six months it looks like some Glyco peels or a course of Micro dermabrasion. Or maybe something a lot simpler LOVE.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldorlord View Post
Its easy and cheep too. Just find a good injector. But I do not think that Camilla has had it done. Going over the photos for the last six months it looks like some Glyco peels or a course of Micro dermabrasion. Or maybe something a lot simpler LOVE.
Yuk to the Botox, it is unlikely anyone would have missed her having dermabrasion or peels..... we all know how Kay fro the Dirty Mail likes to 'comment' on anything even remotely negative he can think of. She is probably just using some of the new moisturising creams and as you say, lots of love!
Old 11-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad she is looking radiant.
For me, I HATE growing old!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Has anyone heard a story about "Scotland Yard at the palace: who tried to poison Camilla?" - that was the headline in a yellow mag (one of the worst, to be honest) I saw this morning at the newsstand when I went to fetch fresh rolls from the bakery next door. I wonder if the whole thing is invented and if so - who does invent a story like that?
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Has anyone heard a story about "Scotland Yard at the palace: who tried to poison Camilla?" - that was the headline in a yellow mag (one of the worst, to be honest) I saw this morning at the newsstand when I went to fetch fresh rolls from the bakery next door. I wonder if the whole thing is invented and if so - who does invent a story like that?
I had a quick trawl through the news channels and papers here, but have been unable to find anything. Such a story would certainly have made the front pages here, I would have thought!
Old 11-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
I wonder if the whole thing is invented and if so - who does invent a story like that?
That's no secret, it's the writers sitting in the magazine's back office. Seriously.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
That's no secret, it's the writers sitting in the magazine's back office. Seriously.
Yes, but this is different from the normal cases of invented stories. I mean: the queen hates Camilla, Camilla feels unloved, Charles and Camilla had a row- stories like that are easily invented as no one can prove or disprove them. But police at the palace because of a poisoning attempt? That's a rather serious claim, so I really wondered. But thanks for checking, Skydragon.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Royal Highness

Jo ,i remember that a read the headline of a similar story some weeks ago. I think it was the magazine ´Die Aktuelle´. Maybe it´s boring for the readers to read every week again and again about a seperation of C&C, or that Camilla was banned of the Royal Family... So these writers need new stuff and they know that only a few people are interested in the truth of their stories.
Other Royal Houses have lawyers who take these papers to court ( also in countries abraod). But i never heard that the British Royals did something like that.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Royal Highness

Queen out-dazzled by Camilla the diamond duchess in Commonwealth visit | the Daily Mail

Hope the link works. Does everybody like the way Camilla wears jewelry? I don't know if I do or don't like this style on Camilla. This is her second necklace made in this rows and rows of jewels. Do you like it or do you think a few less rows would be nicer?
Old 11-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Its pretty but less is more soooo
Not when you're a Royal!
Seriously, you have to bring out the baubles at the State Functions. Otherwise everything in your jewelry wardrobe wouldn't get used!
Tom Shane would be proud!
Old 11-25-2007, 06:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Duchess is wearing Mrs Greville's baubles which belonged to The Queen Mother. QUEEN MOTHERS JUWEL CASKET | TIARA

I think Camilla can carry off the look, which is good for her, because there are lots and lots of pretties like that in the Royal safes and they should be worn so they can be seen and enjoyed.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Administrator

It's probably better that further discussion of Mrs Greville's necklace be continued in the Duchess of Cornwall Jewellery thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 12-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Courtier

The D...Mail is trying it again...
Queen 'surprised' as Camilla is chosen to launch Cunard's Victoria | the Daily Mail
Old 12-02-2007, 06:15 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I don't believe all these absurd stories. I think the press makes up most of them to have something to entertain people . So, people keeps discussing idiotic (and false) issues for weeks...Then, they makes up other nice bunch of falsehoods, and so on...They keep people busy speaking about futile things while the important ones are never discussed...

Vanesa.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen View Post
Too bad that the local paper released the story 15 September!
No scoop for the D**** Mail.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Royal Highness

I read about Camilla doing the launch months ago, probably in Daily Mail as well. What's the surprise? Launching a new flagship isn't like flipping a burger. No one calls up Camilla, or any royal, on Monday to drop by the yard by end of the week. What's going on with this paper?! Must be really slow news from William and Harry's company. They are recycling old bits.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Royal Highness

This is so sad on the Daily Mail's part, really digging for something from nothing, in my opinion. Let's look at this objectively--the Queen has been handing over jewelery to Camilla to wear to help cement her as the future Queen Consort, Camilla is taking a more public role, she is accompanying the Queen on State Visits in the capacity as future Consort--does anyone believe for a minute that this was not arranged by the Queen? Cunard would naturally have gone to the Queen first for this honor, and I really think that the Queen passed it to Camilla in an effort to further solidify her future role as Queen Consort. Only Queens have named these liners, and now a future Queen will do so. I think the whole thing was engineered by the Queen and she is not in the least "surprised"!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Aristocracy

It's sad. That stupid Daily Mail article which is most likely not even true has been picked up by other news sites.

Yet this article probably won't get picked up and this is what the public should be hearing about.
People: Hugo Rifkind - Times Online

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall