The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 22.1.2008

Camilla leaving Scotts restaurant in Mayfair. Upon leaving she
said: Dont get to close with your flashes Gentlemen as I am
suffering a very bad headache this evening and it will hurt my
eyes. London, England - 22.01.08.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

i it's always polite to learn a few phrases when visiting another country with a different language, and usually people are charmed you tried, even if when you muck it up.:flowers:

Well, actually Camilla is "The Princess of Wales", even though she does not use her title and thus this is her country. What a nice way to show the Welsh that she appreciates them!

Camilla leaving Scotts restaurant in Mayfair. Upon leaving she
said: Dont get to close with your flashes Gentlemen as I am
suffering a very bad headache this evening and it will hurt my
eyes. London, England - 22.01.08.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Thank you icflower! My compliments again for finding these nice pics!:flowers:
Although of her bad headache the Duchess looked great and it´s nice to see the ´first pics´ of her from this year.
I know Skydragon will love the scarf...:D

Thankyou iceflower. :flowers: You are right milla Ca, the scarf is not one of my favourites, but hopefully it kept her warm! :flowers:

I'm not too fond of that scarf, which reminds a worn carpet more then anything else, but the Duchess looks glowing.
Her granddaughters must have brought a lot of joy to her life! :)

Her hair looks a little different in these pics--the style is a touch softer, maybe? She looks fantastic, though. I like how she has no problem talking to the photograhers and letting them know she doesn't feel well.

I also would like to add how thoughtful it is that she is taking the time to learn how to sing the Welsh National Anthem--her approach was really impeccable, as well. She mentioned that Charles speaks Welsh and that she is impressed when he sings the anthem and she wants to do so, too. It was a great way of letting people know that they care very much about Wales.
The Duchess is a born diplomat.

What was Camilla doing at Scotts Restaurant? Was it an engagement?

Dont think it was the same dinner, her clothes are different. This must be recent.:flowers:

It was probably a private dinner with friends. :flowers:

Leyton: Camilla visits Score centre
January 29

HRH Duchess of Cornwall visited Leyton to see at first hand the work being done to improve the health and well-being of young people.

Leyton Camilla Visits Score Centre (from East London and West Essex Guardian Series)

Camilla visits city coaching centre

The Duchess of Cornwall has cheered on toddlers competing in a mini Olympics at a centre offering sports and education opportunities to young people.

The Press Association: Camilla visits city coaching centre

Leyton: Camilla visits Score centre
January 29

HRH Duchess of Cornwall visited Leyton to see at first hand the work being done to improve the health and well-being of young people.

Leyton Camilla Visits Score Centre (from East London and West Essex Guardian Series)

I never thought I would read these words in the "Guardian" - but then, It#s just (hmmm...., "just"?) a reader's opinion:

"To have the honour of a Royal visit is such a boost to the fine and fruitful efforts of all those associated with the Score Centre. The day the Duchess of Cornwall visited the centre will surely live long in the memories of the children, teachers, coaches and volunteers with whom she met, and it is surely one of The Duchess's great charms that she is such a very warm and relaxed person and that she has such a knack for putting people at ease."

I never thought I would read these words in the "Guardian" - but then, It#s just (hmmm...., "just"?) a reader's opinion:

"To have the honour of a Royal visit is such a boost to the fine and fruitful efforts of all those associated with the Score Centre. The day the Duchess of Cornwall visited the centre will surely live long in the memories of the children, teachers, coaches and volunteers with whom she met, and it is surely one of The Duchess's great charms that she is such a very warm and relaxed person and that she has such a knack for putting people at ease."
In the end Jo, it is the opinion of members of the public that will count in the end. :flowers:

Gisela, they are great pics - the duchess seems to get more attractive year by year - I wish I could say that for me (and I'm equally happily married....LOL). Or did she change her look a bit?

Last edited by a moderator:
In the end Jo, it is the opinion of members of the public that will count in the end. :flowers:

You're right in this, I'm sure. And IMHO "the public" wants to see positive things coming from their Royals: no scandals, discretion, maritial bliss if possible but most of all a love of the British way of life - all they can have with the prince and his wife. Including their love of tea, ale, salmon, mutton and sandwiches. :flowers:

You're right in this, I'm sure. And IMHO "the public" wants to see positive things coming from their Royals: no scandals, discretion, maritial bliss if possible but most of all a love of the British way of life - all they can have with the prince and his wife. Including their love of tea, ale, salmon, mutton and sandwiches. :flowers:
And don't forget HRH Biscuits for desert! :D

Thank you for all the pictures milla Ca, :flowers: but the dreaded scarf, she should know by now I don't like it! :ROFLMAO:

I think I'm alone in quite liking it!

That is a great picture of Camilla.

And Beatrixfan, your not the only one who likes the scarf :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/rocioyole/royals/royalss/roy/8568521_POLFOTO.jpg

Have we seen this outfit before. The pleated skirt looks familiar?
I can't decide whether or not patterned clothes (such as the scarf) look good on her or not but the scarf is nice and the color is good for her. Maybe she is trying to keep away a cold it doesn't look like it would keep her very warm. :rolleyes:
I too thought the outfit looked familiar. I love the skirt with the inside of the box pleats in a darker colour. A plain scarf would have worked well with the tweed, perhaps picking up the darker colour from inside the pleat.:flowers:

It is a lovely scarf, A north Indian item. worth about 6.000rupes = $171.00AU

But it has been seen at least 9 times since 14 december 07. Time to get another colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom