The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: November 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a wonderful story! The more I read about HRH the more I like her; she is truly generous, gracious and down to earth--making her a real asset to the Royal Family--

Well for once i think the hat i just "no no", what the hell is that feather? The coat is great though.
Although it is a very appropriate question to ask, Duchess of Cornwall has decided to wear this masterpiece. So she liked it then. The coat fitted her well, whereas the feather element of the hat looked rather odd.

The Duchess of Cornwall visits Bulford Camp in Salisbury to
present Iraq tour medals to the soldiers of 4th Battalion,
The Rifles, nicknamed "Lions of Basra", 14 December 2007

14 December 2007
ABACA Press Gallery
10 Images: The Duchess awarding the medals in Salisbury, Wiltshire

12 December 2007
Abaca Press Gallery
12 Images: The Duchess at the "Grease" performance in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support @ London's Picadilly Theatre
ABACA Press Gallery 2
7 Images (only 2 showing The Duchess)

Getty Images Gallery
16 Images

Last edited:
Thank you for the article, Skydagon:flowers:! Duchess presents medals to soldiers
She told the battalion: "You have made your Royal Colonel very proud, proud of you and proud to be British, and I believe this country owes you a huge debt of gratitude.(...)

The Duchess has made a lovely speech. The more I see of her works, the more I like her.

Off topic: Thank you Great Britian and her soldiers for being a good friend to the United States.:flowers:

The Duchess of Cornwall arrives for the London International Horse Show at Olympia, west London
December 17

POLFOTO - altid med i billedet

The Duchess presented Michael Whitaker with the Christmas Stakes Trophy. She also presented the Raymond Brooks-Ward Memorial Trophy to Ellen Whitaker. The Duchess met the riders of the Shetland Pony Grand National competition. She visited the stables. And best of all, The Duchess met Santa Claus! :D

Getty Images Gallery (14 Images)

ABACA Press Gallery (9 Images)

Tomorrow The Princess Royal attends the London Horse Show....

Last edited:
Does it seem to anyone else that the Duchess' workload has picked up and she is doing more solo engagements?
:flowers:

Does it seem to anyone else that the Duchess' workload has picked up and she is doing more solo engagements?
:flowers:

I agree. Since her hysterectomy, her workload has definitely picked up. I think her energy level is back to normal now. I remember reading around the time of the surgery, she was always tired. I think we are finally seeing Camilla at her normal energy level. And I suspect people aren't going to be able to say she is lazy anymore.:D

This event was definately right up her alley. She looked totally at home with the horses and equestrians. Not to mention she looked lovely.

The Duchess presented Michael Whitaker with the Christmas Stakes Trophy. She also presented the Raymond Brooks-Ward Memorial Trophy to Ellen Whitaker. The Duchess met the riders of the Shetland Pony Grand National competition. She visited the stables. And best of all, The Duchess met Santa Claus! :D

Getty Images Gallery (14 Images)

ABACA Press Gallery (9 Images)

Tomorrow The Princess Royal attends the London Horse Show....

Did you notice she is still wearing the red bracelet she received on their last overseas visits. I cannot remember where she got it.:wub:

Did you notice she is still wearing the red bracelet she received on their last overseas visits. I cannot remember where she got it.:wub:

Oh yeah haha, is that the same one the DM said was from kaballah?
:rolleyes:

Oh yeah haha, is that the same one the DM said was from kaballah?
:rolleyes:
I think the Duchess and the Prince too, got their bracelets at the Hindu Festival of Diwali where they had an engagement together in November. :flowers:

I think the Duchess and the Prince too, got their bracelets at the Hindu Festival of Diwali where they had an engagement together in November. :flowers:

I recall that Times-article about how much Camilla is estimated to spent for her Royal lifestyle and there they said ironically that while for most jewellery she wears you need a prince as an husband she wears that red bracelet which came rather cheap at that Hindu festival. So I think you are right, milla Ca.:flowers: The hindi believe that if you wear the bracelet till it opens up or falls down by itself, you'll be able to feel joy (red is the colour of joy) for the rest of your life in your heart, even if terrible things happen.

The bracelet Charles and Camilla got is a speciality for Diwali - the hindu festival of lights. During the festivities, people who want to promise that they protect each other put each other such a bracelet (called Rakhi) around the wrist as a symbol of their promise. It should stay there till it comes off by itself. I wonder who gave Camilla hers.... :flowers:

I like it that they seem to go to all kind of faiths when the believers are celebrating their "festival of lights" or the new year or both - Channukka is another example and there will be the orthodox, islamic and chinese New Year. A German ethnologist stopped counting the different New year-festivals in Europe when she reached 13... These festivals are mostly around the winter solstice, depinding on how old the tradition is and how much the calendar (often the moon calendar) has been changed, so it can be up to two months.

Last edited:
I recall that Times-article about how much Camilla is estimated to spent for her Royal lifestyle and there they said ironically that while for most jewellery she wears you need a prince as an husband she wears that red bracelet which came rather cheap at that Hindu festival. So I think you are right, milla Ca.:flowers: The hindi believe that if you wear the bracelet till it opens up or falls down by itself, you'll be able to feel joy (red is the colour of joy) for the rest of your life in your heart, even if terrible things happen.

I think Jo of Palatine it is a "right of passage" for the person married to the Prince of Wales to be critized by the press about appearance spending. Princess Diana was critized in her first years as a clothes horse. But finally her good works change all that. And I have seen an increase in the Duchess' work load and I believe that critizism will go away hopefully.

The bracelet Charles and Camilla got is a speciality for Diwali - the hindu festival of lights. During the festivities, people who want to promise that they protect each other put each other such a bracelet (called Rakhi) around the wrist as a symbol of their promise. It should stay there till it comes off by itself. I wonder who gave Camilla hers....

What a beautiful custom. Being a romantic I bet it was Prince Charles who gave her the bracelet :flowers:

I like it that they seem to go to all kind of faiths when the believers are celebrating

I also like it.:flowers::flowers:

cool explanation on the bracelet, i haven't noticed if charles wears one. it's wonderful they embrace people of all beliefs -it speaks well of his future reign and is a good example to goverments all over the world.
this event is lovely in sentiment and intentions if it isn't a tradition, it's a fine time to start one, i'll second that BRAVO for the duchess. she looks very pretty and festive and the guests seem to be thrilled and having a great party. This is what Christmas should be about- thanks for all the links and photos, i'm less bah humbug just looking at them.

cool explanation on the bracelet, i haven't noticed if charles wears one. it's wonderful they embrace people of all beliefs -it speaks well of his future reign and is a good example to goverments all over the world.
this event is lovely in sentiment and intentions if it isn't a tradition, it's a fine time to start one, i'll second that BRAVO for the duchess. she looks very pretty and festive and the guests seem to be thrilled and having a great party. This is what Christmas should be about- thanks for all the links and photos, i'm less bah humbug just looking at them.
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that has the bah humbugs this Christmas! Thanks for making me feel better.:angel:

I think Jo of Palatine it is a "right of passage" for the person married to the Prince of Wales to be critized by the press about appearance spending. Princess Diana was critized in her first years as a clothes horse. But finally her good works change all that. And I have seen an increase in the Duchess' work load and I believe that critizism will go away hopefully.

I think Camilla has one very important advantage that Diana lacked. Camilla, not being a naive 20-something in the heady royal world, is not trying to be what others think she should be. Camilla knows better than to subject herself to the ignorant opinions of others. Style for Camilla will mean her own style. I think that is something one comes to appreciate with age. You slowly obtain a stronger sense of self. It's wonderful........ and also sad, that many take so long to realize their true nature. But I can see that Camilla has a strong sense of self.

I think Camilla has one very important advantage that Diana lacked. Camilla, not being a naive 20-something in the heady royal world, is not trying to be what others think she should be. Camilla knows better than to subject herself to the ignorant opinions of others. Style for Camilla will mean her own style. I think that is something one comes to appreciate with age. You slowly obtain a stronger sense of self. It's wonderful........ SNIPPED...... But I can see that Camilla has a strong sense of self.
Camilla has always had her own style, just because the media chose to show some awful pictures, when they were able to snatch, them does not mean she did not scrub up well. :flowers:
Camilla may not have been a 'naive 20 something' when she joined this family, but she displayed a great deal of courage, marrying Charles, knowing she would be compared and compared again to his ex wife. A lot easier for a naive 20 something in 1981, 26 years ago, than a 58 year old in 2005. IMO.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I very much doubt there is any truth in this article! :flowers:

She never wakes up with her real family on christmas day any more. Even friends have fallen away because it's just so difficult to stay close to a member of the royal family."
NEWSFLASH, once the 'children' married, she would not be waking up with them anyway. Without reading the article I knew there would be the usual unnamed source or friends. The last sentence really made me laugh, what they mean is they still can't get any of Charles or Camilla's friends to 'talk' to them.

Does anyone imagine for one moment, that Charles would allow junior members of the family or members of the household (staff) to get away with showing anything but the utmost respect to his 'Darling Wife'? ;)

Of course we must not forget that this 'story' is taken from the Di Express!

Last edited:
There's no byline so the author of the piece is a mystery, just as mysterious as the two attributions of "a source said" and "the source added".

The original source seems to be the Di Express - so no, I think nothing is true.
BTW - we had similar articles ever since her marriage to Charles and whenever you see pics of Camilla at Sandringham, going to church etc. she looks quite well amused.

She does spend Xmas day or Boxing day with her family at Raymill House, doesn't she?

Plus there will be a day when she and Charles are giving the commands on how to spend Xmas and I bet we'll see the queen's own children alongside the RF then at Sandringham (or Windsor Castle or wherever king Charles decides to spend christmas). I don't see adoring husband Charles separate the Parker Bowles-children from their mother if she want to spend these days with them.

Last edited:
The Di Express doesn't seem to recognize the realities of blended family life. TPB and Laura have their own families now (well, Laura will have her baby in January, I think) and they also have their father, APB, who doubtless wishes to spend time with them and their families for at least part of the holidays. Camilla will find, I am sure of it, plenty of time for everyone in her family: son, daughter, grandchild, husband, stepsons, etc. Unfortunately, there is not more Camilla to go around, only one, but that is a common problem! Don't we all wish we could clone ourselves and spread the love simaltaneously here, there, and everywhere!!? :lol:

I tried to find the link here on TRF but couldn't find it: it was an article by the Sun about the christmas service in Sandringham - very interesting reading.

Is it only me who has the feeling that the tabloids slowly come to accept that Camilla is a reality by now and that it will not take overlong till she is the next queen consort? Because in that article it was mentioned explicitely how nice she was, how well she was received by the onlookers and how truly "regal" she looked and behaved - in fact she was made out as the real highlight of that appearance of the BRF. Makes one really wonder - is the climate in Britain changing so fast? ;)

Maybe they have a "can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude and since the bottom line is that it sells more papers to have favorable articles (don't know if this is true or not, just my hypothesis) about The Duchess of Cornwall, well, then. . .

Rubbish to that article-I find it hard to believe that junior members of the family would be rude to Camilla. Actually, who would be the junior members of the Royal Family? The Queen's grandchildren? That can't be right--I though the junior members of the Royal Family would be the Kents, Gloucesters, and the Lascalles? I'm a little confused--can someone enlighten me?

Camilla looked wonderful at the Christmas church service. Better than the Queen I'd say. The colour suited her very well :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom