The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

Just don't let the Daily Mail get a hold of them!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Oh dear, certainly not.
I don't think anyone believes in 'coincidences' any more.
It is decided - Skydragon is the Duchess of Cornwall.
SA-WEET!
And I've got a PM from her that I'll keep FOREVER!!

Old 12-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Royal Highness

Skydragon----WHERE ARE YOU???

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Royal Highness

Tatler names its ´power blondes´

The November issue of Tatler magazine compiled a list of the world´s ten most powerful blondes - nine of them were women.
(...) Prince Charles´wife Camilla at six.

Tatler names its 'power blondes' - 06 Dec 2007 - Fashion and beauty news - NZ Herald

P.S. Chelsy Davy is on the second place!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

THAT IS WHAT I AM WONDERING TOO (no one to post with on the animal rights forum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Skydragon----WHERE ARE YOU???
Old 12-06-2007, 09:02 AM
Commoner

I really don't like them still calling her Camilla Parker Bowles.

She is HRH the Duchess of Cornwall. It seems to me that she is still not completely accepted by everyone which is sad as she does a good job and she makes her prince happy.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do not think it was the tatler who made a mistake, have the copy at home and will check tonight, probably a typo from the NZ paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownprincess View Post

She is HRH the Duchess of Cornwall. It seems to me that she is still not completely accepted by everyone which is sad as she does a good job and she makes her prince happy.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crownprincess View Post

I agree, Crownprincess, but i think it´s only an american habit to call her with the ´old ´ name. I think it hasn´t something to do with non acceptance.
If the English press use the name ´PB´ it´s something different, IMO.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post

The November issue of Tatler magazine compiled a list of the world´s ten most powerful blondes - nine of them were women.
(...) Prince Charles´wife Camilla at six.

Tatler names its 'power blondes' - 06 Dec 2007 - Fashion and beauty news - NZ Herald

P.S. Chelsy Davy is on the second place!
Are they crazy or stupid or what? Hillary Clinton and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are both blondes... Chelsy Davy more powerful than the head of the German government? It boggles my mind...
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

the 10 mentioned all live in the UK, that is what they have in common besides being blond. the nz paper got it all wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
Are they crazy or stupid or what? Hillary Clinton and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are both blondes... Chelsy Davy more powerful than the head of the German government? It boggles my mind...
Old 12-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Let's hope that Skydragon is away on some fabulous vacation with Mr. Skydragon and didn't take her laptop.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

If Skydragon doesn't show up by the new year, I'll send her an e-mail to see if everything is OK with her; as you said, she could just be on a get-away-from-it-all vacation or something.

In the meantime, assuming Skydragon isn't Camilla , discussing her is off-topic in this thread, so please could we get back on topic?
Old 12-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
You're right ! In my opinion this shows the poor quality of this ranking. Maby we shouldn't take this too serious. How about replacing Chelsy with Maxima if we cannot have Merkel and Clinton. I could accept seeing Maxima on a higher rank Camilla but certainly nor Chelsy.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

I really just cannot comprehend how Chelsey received a high ranking as a powerful blonde--I know she probably exerts some influence over Harry, but its not she's Rasputin or someone!
I also am tired of hearing HRH The Duchess of Cornwall referred to as CPB--it is rude and inappropriate!

Old 12-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
If Skydragon doesn't show up by the new year, I'll send her an e-mail to see if everything is OK with her; as you said, she could just be on a get-away-from-it-all vacation or something.

In the meantime, assuming Skydragon isn't Camilla , discussing her is off-topic in this thread, so please could we get back on topic?
For a moment there, I thought I was on the wrong forum!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
For a moment there, I thought I was on the wrong forum!
Well, I thought of opening a 'Where is Skydragon' or 'We miss Skydragon' thread, but since you are back...
Welcome back, we missed you (as you could see from the posts here)!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:12 PM

It's cool Camilla made the Powerful Blonde list in Tatler this year. Chelsy too, again. Chelsy was on the list last year....
Although........... I have no idea what the list means. Powerful in what way? Powerful media figure? Powerful socially, politically, economically?
I would say to Jo of Palatine that this list does not appear to be about political powers.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:23 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla has filly worthy of Superlative name

The Duchess, who visited the Royal Stud at Sandrigham, Norfolk, on Thursday to see Royal Superlative, is said to be ´excited´ by the prospect.

Camilla has filly worthy of Superlative name - Telegraph
Old 12-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Royal Highness

Egads! I was in the supermarket the other day (a very unglamourous place, by the way, but one must eat....) and while waiting in line I glanced down and saw the National Enquirerer --which I DO NOT read. It's trash, but the headling and main picture grabbed my attention--it showed a marvelous picture of HRH The Duchess of Cornwall in the Boucheron tiara, five row diamond necklace, ears dripping in diamonds, holding a glass of champagne and the caption read "Camilla to be Queen; million pound divorce off; etc..." and I thought that it was nice that HRH would be Queen, but I had no idea there was trouble because they look so happy together. Such rubbish these rags tell to sell a few papers. WHo in the world would think that Charles and Camilla were unhappy? Has no one seen any pictures of the two of them together? Their happiness is contagious!

Old 12-10-2007, 03:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
"Camilla to be Queen; million pound divorce off; etc..." and I thought that it was nice that HRH would be Queen, but I had no idea there was trouble because they look so happy together. Such rubbish these rags tell to sell a few papers. WHo in the world would think that Charles and Camilla were unhappy? Has no one seen any pictures of the two of them together? Their happiness is contagious!
If you want to read more of these ´divorce´-headlines, i can send you a dozen German yellow press magazines every week, jcbcode99. All you can do is to ignore this rubbish!

The sixtysomething makeover

Who thought a glamourpuss could emerge so late in life? We tally the cost of Camilla Parker-Bowles´ transformation.

Printer Friendly
________
The Times tries to be funny? And then again Camilla Parker Bowles!
How bad and boring...i thought this kind of articles would be beneath for this paper!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall