The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Aristocracy

The article I didn't think would be picked up - Richard Kay mentioned it first.
The part that shocks me is that he did a nice article on her.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
I read about Camilla doing the launch months ago, probably in Daily Mail as well. What's the surprise? Launching a new flagship isn't like flipping a burger. No one calls up Camilla, or any royal, on Monday to drop by the yard by end of the week. What's going on with this paper?! Must be really slow news from William and Harry's company. They are recycling old bits.
Just another excuse to give Camilla haters a chance to fill the Comment section. I see a positive comment from Sam finally made it into print - I expect someone at the paper will be in trouble for letting that get through. I mean, we all know that everybody hates Camilla, after all....

Old 12-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

You are right. This had to be planned a while ago. I, hardly, think the queen was "surprised". They could have a Great Dane launch a ship, who really cares. The only thing that keeps this in one's eye is the comments. Should have been dismissed out of hand.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Royal Highness

Wonderful article about Camilla sending libations to the wounded, and not at all surprising given the warmth that accompanies everything she does. I think that is fantastic! Also, I am not surprised that this type of information does not get picked up in the press; its just as Elspeth said, there are "Camilla Haters" out there. It's a pity that these people haven't really given her a chance, she's made the monarchy seem more approachable and friendly. She's also done wonders for Prince Charles! That tight-lipped smile of his has disappeared and he seems much more genuine these days.
On a different note, when a ship launches doesn't the Royal receive a token of some type? Anne got a tiara, the Queen has received brooches--what will Camilla be given as a thank you for the Royal venture?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

In my very, very personal view, the article by Glen Owen (2007) has reflected the authour's subjective opinion. There are positive, neutral, and negative comments about the event in question. Thus, all of us are free to either agree or disagree with the authour. As for Duchess of Cornwal, I do not think she pays any attention to such trifles. Afterall she is quite busy solidifying her position as the future Consort and "... do[ing] wonders for Prince Charles" (jcbcode99, 2007, post#25).
Old 12-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Royal Highness

Al Bina, you make me smile!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-04-2007, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
Just another excuse to give Camilla haters a chance to fill the Comment section. I see a positive comment from Sam finally made it into print - I expect someone at the paper will be in trouble for letting that get through. I mean, we all know that everybody hates Camilla, after all....
23 messages down the line and one gets through. Naughty Daily Mail staff.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
23 messages down the line and one gets through. Naughty Daily Mail staff.
Where is the duchess up to at the moment, btw? I miss Skydragon, she normally always has the latest information about Camilla ready shortly after 11 am German time... Seems like I have to do my own research.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:58 AM
Royal Highness

Surprising and unbelievable... Kay has to say something positive about Camilla... I stay sceptical, i´m afraid it only means that he moves to the next blow...

Camilla is rallying the troops

She has, i can reveal, sent a handwritten letter to every wounded soldier.(...) Some relatives have been invited to her home for tea. (...)

Camilla is rallying the troops | the Daily Mail
_________
Btw, i also miss Skydragon!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:52 AM
Administrator

"Camilla is rallying the troops"

So this doesn't get lost, and to put it on the record, here is a small quote from milla Ca's Daily Mail link:

"Ever since she became Royal Colonel of 4th Battalion, The Rifles, the Duchess of Cornwall has taken a close personal interest in the welfare of the 650 men who have just returned from a gruelling tour of Iraq.

She has...sent a handwritten letter to every wounded soldier — and there have been 62 of them — as well as a £50 bottle of whisky or a hamper of food. Camilla has also written to the families of the battalion's 11 dead soldiers — not just to the widows but the fiancees of unmarried riflemen. Some relatives have even been invited to her home for tea.

This remarkable insight into a very private side of the Duchess has been revealed by the servicemen themselves, who have spoken of her unstinting support."
Old 12-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

Where is Skydragon? I thought something was missing......

Old 12-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

i admire camilla's quiet support for the wounded, it's a gracious gesture and very meaningful to them i'm sure to not be "forgotten". while a note wouldn't help the pain of loss i'm sure the personal touch to the loved ones who made the ultimate sacrifice inspires pride in their broken hearts. imo it shows how much the duchess cares and is involved in many things we don't know about.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Al Bina, you make me smile!
May I hope that you have smiled in a good-natured way?
Old 12-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
So this doesn't get lost, and to put it on the record, here is a small quote from milla Ca's Daily Mail link:

"Ever since she became Royal Colonel of 4th Battalion, The Rifles, the Duchess of Cornwall has taken a close personal interest in the welfare of the 650 men who have just returned from a gruelling tour of Iraq.

She has...sent a handwritten letter to every wounded soldier — and there have been 62 of them — as well as a £50 bottle of whisky or a hamper of food. Camilla has also written to the families of the battalion's 11 dead soldiers — not just to the widows but the fiancees of unmarried riflemen. Some relatives have even been invited to her home for tea.

This remarkable insight into a very private side of the Duchess has been revealed by the servicemen themselves, who have spoken of her unstinting support."
It's too bad my son's unit doesn't have such a benevolent benefactor!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Where is Skydragon?
That's odd. Camilla has been unsighted of late too...
Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Royal Highness

Coincidence..................??

Old 12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh dear, certainly not.
I don't think anyone believes in 'coincidences' any more.
It is decided - Skydragon is the Duchess of Cornwall.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Oh dear, certainly not.
I don't think anyone believes in 'coincidences' any more.
I had an idea about that funny suspicion as well but decided not to mention it here because I believe it will put our dearest member Skydragon in a very ackward situation and I don't want her to pull out of these forums because of it. (Have seen that happening).

So let me just state that there are much more clues that Skydragon is "NOT" HRH The Princess of Wales than there are that she is "HER". For example I doubt our dearest Camilla would have sent a message to the forum while actually driving up to a televised service (I confess I checked this... - being a journalist, it comes with the business) - and Skydragon reacted humourously when I mentioned it. Still, her silence makes me fear the worst.

I really think it is an ackward situation for her - what started out as a means to tell a member that she is very much appreciated now seems to turn into something else. I don't like it.

Maybe one of the admins or mods could send Skydragon a message and ask her how she wants the situation to be dealt with?

Because: I want my Skydragon back! Britain at its best!!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Royal Highness

I cannot possibly even begin to imagine TRF without our beloved Skydragon! It feels like we're missing a family member at Christmas or something.....

Old 12-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
And if somebody knows whether the Prince of Wales is a member of TRF too, please tell me the name he uses. I would love to exchange PM´s with him!!

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall