The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #101  
Old 03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Thumbs up

Camilla 'thrilled' at spouse of year award

The Duchess of Cornwall today said she was 'lost for words' after being named Spouse of the Year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1766&ito=1490
:)
__________________

  #102  
Old 03-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
Wow, now spouse of the Year. To think only two years ago this would have been unimaginable. Great Job Camilla!
__________________

  #103  
Old 03-21-2006, 06:28 PM
hornsen's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 535
I think so, too. But there were very bad comments on this site like: "Oh, she runs a full-time job with house, children and so on? What about normally spouses?"
After years of very bad press without just one comment of her she deserves good PR. And to be wife of heir to the throne life is much more difficult. Everytime in focus of people and press.
  #104  
Old 03-21-2006, 06:35 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,799
The point about the hairdresser comment is that Camilla's hair look awful, she's like Farrah Fawcett gone bad, the eternal 70's look and no hairdresser should be paid for allowing that crime to go on
  #105  
Old 03-21-2006, 06:53 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
I think so, too. But there were very bad comments on this site like: "Oh, she runs a full-time job with house, children and so on? What about normally spouses?"
After years of very bad press without just one comment of her she deserves good PR. And to be wife of heir to the throne life is much more difficult. Everytime in focus of people and press.
They are just comments from very bitter, jealous old biddies that live in the past. Camilla is doing a marvelous job of supporting her husband and their children. I wouldn't want Camilla's job, would you, it's too much like hard work. I bet must women/men on here would get upset if one or two people were forever critisizing what they wore, what they ate or what they said. Can any of us imagine what she has to put up with, makes driving the kids to school, running a 4 bed house and working seem the easy option!
  #106  
Old 03-21-2006, 06:56 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
The point about the hairdresser comment is that Camilla's hair look awful, she's like Farrah Fawcett gone bad, the eternal 70's look and no hairdresser should be paid for allowing that crime to go on
It may look awful to you but, to others it looks lovely, I should imagine you have just upset many on the forum who have a similar style.
  #107  
Old 03-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
Its not that bad most of the time. But sometimes it is just so big and frantic that it ruins how she looks.
  #108  
Old 03-21-2006, 07:13 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
Camilla looks awesome!!! She looks younger and younger each day!!
  #109  
Old 03-21-2006, 07:18 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
It may look awful to you but, to others it looks lovely, I should imagine you have just upset many on the forum who have a similar style.
Don't take my words in the wrong way, Camilla is a fine exponent of the "helmet hair" but that hairdo doesn't need a full time hairdresser, it's just basically stuck on her head; maybe others in the forum wear it but no one should take offense, no other member has a hairdresser at beck and call
  #110  
Old 03-21-2006, 07:27 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
Don't take my words in the wrong way, Camilla is a fine exponent of the "helmet hair" but that hairdo doesn't need a full time hairdresser, it's just basically stuck on her head; maybe others in the forum wear it but no one should take offense, no other member has a hairdresser at beck and call
As I and others have said before, some hair is very difficult to keep looking good. Long hair is a lot easier to look after, what we don't want is a gelled up wannabe modern style. So yes, I believe it is hair that benefits from having a full time stylist while she is on tour.
  #111  
Old 03-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
There is no possible argument that can work for Camilla having a hairstylist on beck and call nearly everyday. But, it is her husbands money and not the tax payers so I wont go any further.
  #112  
Old 03-21-2006, 10:47 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,387
One reason for a personal hairdresser is the fitting of tiaras. Its not something you can do yourself and the hairdresser has to know how to weave the hair into the tiara to make it stay. Most run of the mill hairdressers wouldn't know how which is why royals and nobles take their own hairdressers to the U.S. if they are going to a tiara event. They can't find the hairdressers in the U.S. that can do it.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #113  
Old 03-22-2006, 06:36 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
There is no possible argument that can work for Camilla having a hairstylist on beck and call nearly everyday. But, it is her husbands money and not the tax payers so I wont go any further.
What is she supposed to do, have him flown out? Considering the news that Di's water feature is costing the British taxpayer £250,000 per year, I have no problem with Charles paying for an on call hair stylist!
  #114  
Old 03-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Avalon's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,906
1. I am pretty comfortable with the money, spent on Camilla's hair. After all, it's not the taxpayers, who pay the money. You don't ask how much Mrs Trump or Hilary Clinton are spending on their hair, do you? Even I have a personal hairdresser, who comes at my place to do my hair. AND unlike many here, I do like Camilla's hair, I simply don't imagine her with a different hairstyle.
2. I am thrilled to hear that Camilla was names "best spouse of the year". A title trully deserved, in my opinion. She was a great wife to Charles, always supportive and careful. I am also delighted that the majority of the comments were positive. Here are some of them (it's not more then 20% of the page so I think it's ok).

Wonderful and fully deserved. Charles, her children and step children adore her!

I think its very clear that Camilla is far more suitable for Charles than Diana ever was. Despite the disgusting barrage of hatred by some, she has never lashed out, just maintained a dignified silence. Diana, bless her, was not strong enough for the job of Consort.

Congratulations, Camilla! You truly deserve the prize. Thank you for supporting and encouraging Prince Charles to do a wonderful job as Prince of Wales for so many years! Best wishes to both of them!
__________________
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
  #115  
Old 03-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Camilla to join Women's Institute


The Duchess of Cornwall is to join her local Women's Institute in Tetbury near her home at Highgrove, Gloucestershire.


http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/4832204.stm
  #116  
Old 03-23-2006, 11:18 AM
MOLEY's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cardiff, United Kingdom
Posts: 74
Have a missed a posting??? HRH became patron of Friends of Lacock Church Appeal (from 24/02/2006). sorry if i missed it but i just saw it on TRH website, but it's another string to her bow.
__________________
'She's my icon, I look up to her, I think she's the finest woman I know'
Sarah, Duchess of York on HM Queen Elizabeth II.
  #117  
Old 03-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: , Antarctica
Posts: 2,033
Huh, I dont remember that either. I guess it just wasnt announced. What is it though.
  #118  
Old 03-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOLEY
Have I missed a posting??? HRH became patron of Friends of Lacock Church Appeal (from 24/02/2006). sorry if i missed it but i just saw it on TRH website, but it's another string to her bow.
A lot of the patronages are only announced locally (to the charity) and on the official website, they are certainly building up!:)Another one is The British Equestrian Foundation.
  #119  
Old 03-23-2006, 04:07 PM
sesa's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: orange, United States
Posts: 666
Regardless of the amount of $ that Camilla spends on her hair or does not spend on her hair, and regardless if the public thinks her hairstyle is out of date and ugly, I personally would much prefer to see her with her hair done professionally than when she used to do it. Even though her hairstyle has not changed, there have been some small changes that have made it much softer looking. It is not so out of control as when she used to do it. Not to mention that she has no one to answer to except herself and her husband. And if they like the style, why change it? And why should the public care how much $$ they spend on it! If they have it and want to spend it, so be it! It's their's. No one tells other people how to spend their $. It should not be any different for them.
As for her recieving her award...Good for her. Every spouse likes some sort of positive recognizition.
  #120  
Old 03-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
Regardless of the amount of $ that Camilla spends on her hair or does not spend on her hair, and regardless if the public thinks her hairstyle is out of date and ugly, I personally would much prefer to see her with her hair done professionally than when she used to do it. Even though her hairstyle has not changed, there have been some small changes that have made it much softer looking. It is not so out of control as when she used to do it. Not to mention that she has no one to answer to except herself and her husband. And if they like the style, why change it? And why should the public care how much $$ they spend on it! If they have it and want to spend it, so be it! It's their's. No one tells other people how to spend their $. It should not be any different for them.
As for her recieving her award...Good for her. Every spouse likes some sort of positive recognizition.
Well said sesa. :)
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 20: March-June 2007 Elspeth Current Events Archive 200 06-03-2007 04:38 AM
The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 2: June-September 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 182 09-12-2006 04:26 PM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: April 2006-June 2006 Warren Current Events Archive 202 06-26-2006 02:27 AM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 13: March-April 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 217 04-17-2006 02:06 AM
Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 12: February-March 2006 Elspeth Current Events Archive 203 03-08-2006 12:30 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 belgian state visit to japan best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style christening of prince alexander coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events december duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll fashion suggestions grand duke jean greece jubilee kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament oscars picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises