The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 1: March-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks great. Pink has always been one of her best colors and I like the outfit and of course her trademark pearls. Is it just me or has she lost weight. She seems to have a better figure.

Harry's polo shirt said:
To change the subject a bit, I love her new look. She isn't frumpy and old looking anymore, I love her makeover she looks very lady like and glamorous.

That's because she has someone with deep pockets is willing to spend a fortune making her into a "silk purse". She is not an unattractive woman, but has little style of her own. Her hair looks fine. She is comfortable and it is nice looking.

redfox6 said:
That's because she has someone with deep pockets is willing to spend a fortune making her into a "silk purse". She is not an unattractive woman, but has little style of her own. Her hair looks fine. She is comfortable and it is nice looking.

According to some, me included, there was a general conspiracy by the media to portray her as a scruff without any style. We have all read, I'm sure, the articles that told us that actually, she did scrub up well and enjoyed dressing up. She certainly wouldn't have gone to any of the hunt or polo balls looking rough.

Of course she has had to try out different things now she is the wife of the prince and constantly in the media spotlight but, is it really any different to how anyone would react in the same circumstances?:confused:

Is it just me or has she lost weight. She seems to have a better figure.

Exactly this I thought on Laura´s wedding. But for women of her age it is extremly hard to hold figure. Camilla has to fight forever against her weight. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
redfox6 said:

I tend to think she is now showing a style of her own, which has a lot to do with being comfortable and nice looking. She seems to favour simple lines in her clothes - including that nice collar someone else mentioned - that suit her body. I think she looks great.

And it seems she is performing duties on her own now. That hadn't registered with me before now.

Skydragon said:
Of course she has had to try out different things now she is the wife of the prince and constantly in the media spotlight but, is it really any different to how anyone would react in the same circumstances?:confused:
Good point. Similarly, it seems that one should be skeptical of anything written about celebrities and socialites because it is oftentimes deragatory. Camilla is nearly a senior citizen and dresses like women her age do. It is bizarre that she gets criticized for doing so ... but that's just the way things are nowadays.

The Duchess has adjusted extremely well. I like the fact that she's taken more of a supporting role rather than upstaging her husband. She'll make a great Queen. As for the clothes: perfect for her role. She has not put a foot wrong in the past year.

Duc de Chatres said:
The Duchess has adjusted extremely well. I like the fact that she's taken more of a supporting role rather than upstaging her husband. She'll make a great Queen. As for the clothes: perfect for her role. She has not put a foot wrong in the past year.

Yes, I agree with you on all points. They always say that any great man has a woman behind him. :D People are taking more notice of Charles now and that is due in part to Camilla being happy to stay in the background and support him.:)

HRH seems so busy these days. I think it's wonderful and quite surreal for those of us who have followed her in pre-marriage days.

BeatrixFan said:
HRH seems so busy these days. I think it's wonderful and quite surreal for those of us who have followed her in pre-marriage days.

Why surreal? It is just simply wonderful :) I am glad that she get the recognition she deserves so much :)

Oh I agree. But I remember about 3 years ago when I first starting following Camilla (not literally!), I thought, "How awful that she'll never be a member of our Royal Family". Some days I see her on engagements and she's a natural and I just think, "This can't be happening". It's wonderful and I'm glad it is, but sometimes I have to pinch myself and I'm sure HRH does too!

BeatrixFan said:
Oh I agree. But I remember about 3 years ago when I first starting following Camilla (not literally!), I thought, "How awful that she'll never be a member of our Royal Family". Some days I see her on engagements and she's a natural and I just think, "This can't be happening". It's wonderful and I'm glad it is, but sometimes I have to pinch myself and I'm sure HRH does too!

Same happens to me. Sometimes when I see Charles and Camilla together, don't know, it's so unbelieveable but so great!

Camilla arrives at St John's to attend a performance by the London Chamber Orchestra in Smith Square on May 24, 2006 in London. Camilla, who is Patron of the London Chamber Orchestra and Patron of St John's, Smith Square Charitable Trust, will hear violinist Chloe Hanslip support Christopher Warren-Green conducting the Chamber Orchestra through a programe of Rossini, Beethoven and Mozart.

Getty Images

I am really impressed how really great Camillia always looks these days. I wonder if she feels the cold as she seems to carry wraps & shawls etc or maybe just part of her new style.

She looks great and she lost weight. Remember how nervous she was just one year ago. And now she acts with such self-assurance. Incredible.

The Duchess of Cornwall visits East Sussex

from ukpress

Attachments

• Camilla_East_Sussex_1-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_1-UKP.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 183
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_2-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_2-UKP.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 170
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_3-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_3-UKP.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_4-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_4-UKP.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_5-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_5-UKP.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_6-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_6-UKP.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_7-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_7-UKP.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 172
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_8-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_8-UKP.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_9-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_9-UKP.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_10-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_10-UKP.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
More images from ukpress

Attachments

• Camilla_East_Sussex_13-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_13-UKP.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 152
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_12-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_12-UKP.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_11-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_11-UKP.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 161
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_14-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_14-UKP.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_15-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_15-UKP.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 139
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_16-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_16-UKP.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_17-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_17-UKP.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_18-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_18-UKP.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Camilla_East_Sussex_19-UKP.jpg
    Camilla_East_Sussex_19-UKP.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
I like her dress very much, especially the skirt. And look, how she learned to pose on the stair! Very graceful.

Images from abaca

Attachments

• 498835.jpg
    498835.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 498837.jpg
    498837.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 498838.jpg
    498838.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 498839.jpg
    498839.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 498841.jpg
    498841.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 172
HRH is very good with children. They are very eased with her and looking comfortable.

she looks lovely (great photo on the stairs) thanks for the photos. i like she seems up for everything, smiling and gracious and she does look very comfortable with people, especially children.

I was looking through pics at getty and it looks like the weather cleared up and it was a sunny day. They have a wonderfull pic of the Duchess as a little girl with her friends.

Nice pictures. Camilla looks great. I like the outfit although why aren't Robinson Valentine etc still not adding weights to the bottom of her skirts?

I thought this was interesting although maybe this is common knowledge to many -The Ditchling museum used to be the building for Dumbrell's school. Of course I have this odd fascination with Dumbrell's. Mostly because I can barely find anything on it. :)

camilla always looks amazing. there's really nothing she's done wrong yet style wise is there?

More from Ditchling, the last but one with Dame Vera Lynn. Getty Images.

Last edited:
cde said:
I thought this was interesting although maybe this is common knowledge to many -The Ditchling museum used to be the building for Dumbrell's school. Of course I have this odd fascination with Dumbrell's. Mostly because I can barely find anything on it. :)

Friends Reunited Jenny Kilbride (tartan skirt) stands beside Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (centre) in a school photogragh taken in Ditchling, East Sussex in the school year 1955/56, on display at the Ditchling museum. The Duchess attended school in Ditchling as a child and was brought up in nearby Plumpton, East Sussex. The museum which celebrates the history of the village is on the site of the old Dumbrells school which closed in 1983 and the now patron of the museum is Dame Vera Lynn. (Photo by Pool/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom