The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 1: March-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Calendar Girls? Erm - does that mean we can look forward to a photo of Camilla wearing nothing but one of her big hats and a strategically placed sunflower one of these days? That'd sell calendars by the boatload.

Norwegian VG has a nice article on the Duchess and her increasing popularity and says Charles has found himself a "Real Woman" ("En grepa dame" very Norwegian and very untranslatable, but its positivley ment) They says she master the thin line between beeing close to the people and having the royal distance, and that she is especially good with the people bit. Also about how she removed her shoes and wore a veil in Egypt and that the host was touched by her natural gestures, other than that it refers the recent stories posted on the bord from the Times, the Daily Telegraph and the Oldie
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=142185

Nice to know her wonderfull job as a royal is being recognized around the world.

iowabelle said:
I'm also a descendant of Zacharie Cloutier, through my mother's family. (My mother isn't so enthralled with genealogy. When I told her we were related to Madonna, I had to specifically tell her "The singer, not the Virgin"!)

Ha!Ha! That made me laugh.

I guess it just didn't fit into an earlier issue!;)

i,m sorry to desagree but as a grat fan of the late princess diana i have nothing against the duchess of cornwall,but the great glamour that the late princess brought to the british royal family is inraplaceble.each family has a carismatic person,one only star and for me the windsors will just recuperate their old position,not talking about the queen who second me is perfect or the duke of edinburg who performs very well his whole,but as a family the shadow of the u.k royal family will vanish,just when prince william takes over the trone

Hi criscarangi,

Welcome to the forum! If you want to discuss Diana, we have a separate subforum devoted to her. This forum is for discussion of Camilla's current events; you may be more interested in the Charles and Camilla, What Do You Think Of Them Now thread.

Larzen said:
Norwegian VG has a nice article on the Duchess and her increasing popularity and says Charles has found himself a "Real Woman" ("En grepa dame" very Norwegian and very untranslatable, but its positivley meant) They says she master the thin line between being close to the people and having the royal distance, and that she is especially good with the people bit. Also about how she removed her shoes and wore a veil in Egypt and that the host was touched by her natural gestures, other than that it refers the recent stories posted on the bord from the Times, the Daily Telegraph and the Oldie
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=142185

:) I think they are right, she has mastered the thin line between being close to the people whilst maintaining the royal distance and all important discreet silence on her private life.
Thank You for that Larzen! :)

I agree also. Camilla is the perfect wife, esp. for Charles. She is the perfect help mate and Charles is so at ease with her. He seems to have gain a well sense of being (perhaps to vocal on some things) but none the less.

hornsen said:
Nice article. But did he say, Camilla was in Australia? Anybody knows?

He does say that but, I think he must have been misquoted or confused.

To change the subject a bit, I love her new look. She isn't frumpy and old looking anymore, I love her makeover she looks very lady like and glamorous.

Harry's polo shirt said:
To change the subject a bit, I love her new look. She isn't frumpy and old looking anymore, I love her makeover she looks very lady like and glamorous.

She certainly looks lovely in the photo's from the wedding.:)

I was shopping yesterday and a lady asked for a "Camilla Collar". The shop assistant didn't have a clue but I poked my nose in and said, "Do you mean Camilla as in Charles and?". She said yes and that she'd noticed that all Camilla's jackets including her wedding gown had a certain shape to the collar and she wanted one. She said a friend had asked for a "Camilla Collar" and she'd got one - so, has HRH made a mark on the fashion world?

I like her collars. They are very elegant and flattering for all women especially older women.

Duchess of Cornwall attends concert at St. Luke's Church. Images from getty.

Attachments

• Cam1.jpg
    Cam1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Cam2.jpg
    Cam2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Cam3.jpg
    Cam3.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Cam4.jpg
    Cam4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Cam5.jpg
    Cam5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 143
How improved she is physically compared to her first pix
It shows that she is happy and I am happy for her too
I always defended her

The duchess is looking very nice today --- pink suits her!She looks much more comfortable in her role and not as nervous as she was.

More images from polfoto

Attachments

• 41.JPG
    41.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 42.JPG
    42.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 43.JPG
    43.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 44.JPG
    44.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 173
  • 45.JPG
    45.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 146
the Princess of Wales looks splendid very good work shes doing she has adapted to Royal life extremly well :) Long Live the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall!

Is the lady in a light orange dress behind the Duchess her lady in waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom