The Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 1: March-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
It'll be the last time she uses his Salon now he's told the Press what she has done and how much it costs.

Isn't that what Nicky Clarke did? And Fergie still apparently keeps going back to him

I beliebe so. Then again, Fergie probably goes to be seen nowadays.

With Charles words: "Down with the british press!" I don`t want to know about costs of other royals, not only british ones. And Camilla`s hair needs much care. If she were looking rumpled, everyone would joke about her.

The sad thing is he probably thought it would be good publicity doing the Duchess's hair..but he just shot himself in the foot. Not sure of current exchange rate of the pound/euro/dollar..but that's a substantial about of money to lose!

I thought it was commonly known that Hugh Green does the Duchess's hair. I don't see the need for him to mention it again. But then did this information come directly from him? I understood it came from someone close to Charles and Camilla ...

Last edited:
Zonk1189 said:
The sad thing is he probably thought it would be good publicity doing the Duchess's hair..but he just shot himself in the foot. Not sure of current exchange rate of the pound/euro/dollar..but that's a substantial about of money to lose!

Pounds = 3021, US Dollars = 5231, Aus Dollars = 1628 all approx.
Not a great amount really IMO.:D

Gladys said:
I thought I was commonly known that Hugh Green does the Duchess's hair. I don't see the need for him to mention it again. But then did this information come directly from him? I understood it came from someone close to Charles and Camilla ...

I can't really see someone close to them speaking out, they have after all kept quiet for all these years. Probably another un-named source article!

Skydragon said:

is much money, she always is combed in the same way and she has the short hair.
Maxima, or rania, victoria or letizia have the rain really long and that money may be is accpetable, but the sort hair is most easy to comb.

My barber was barber to Earl mountbatten for years and every time he cuts my hair i ask him questions, he always smiles and ignoes my plea for gossip. That discrection is almost unheard of these days.

corazon said:
is much money, she always is combed in the same way and she has the short hair.
Maxima, or rania, victoria or letizia have the rain really long and that money may be is accpetable, but the sort hair is most easy to comb.

Experience tells me that long hair is easy to style or look after, it is short hair that is a major problem!:D

MOLEY said:
My barber was barber to Earl mountbatten for years and every time he cuts my hair i ask him questions, he always smiles and ignoes my plea for gossip. That discrection is almost unheard of these days.

Is it MOLEY, or is it that the ones that know don't talk and the ones that talk, don't really know?:D

Skydragon said:

There must be a huge difference between our cost of living. $5,231.00 for hairdos?!:eek:

Yea, I like Camilla a lot but honestly if that is the real amount that is money down the drain considering her hair isnt even that good. It is her signature look and no one can imagine her without it but it is not that hard to do and she has been doing it in the past without a pro so why cant she do it know. I can understand coloring your hair but styling it is a bit Over the Top. That is so much waisted money. Her hair never stays neat anyway. It is always messed up in the wind.

Camilla's hair.

OK, this story was also published here.
First quote: "One courtier told the Daily Mail..."
Second quote: "Celebrity stylist Richard Ward estimated Camilla could pay anything up to (Aus)$1,000 for a home visit..."I doubt that the Duchess will pay the full going rate, though"..."
Clarence House: "declined to comment."
'A spokesman said': "The Prince meets the Duchess of Cornwall's personal costs from his own private income, on which he pays tax."

Not a word from Camilla's hairdresser Hugh Green.

Warren said:
OK, this story was also published here.
First quote: "One courtier told the Daily Mail..."
Second quote: "Celebrity stylist Richard Ward estimated Camilla could pay anything up to (Aus)$1,000 for a home visit..."I doubt that the Duchess will pay the full going rate, though"..."
Clarence House: "declined to comment."
'A spokesman said': "The Prince meets the Duchess of Cornwall's personal costs from his own private income, on which he pays tax."

Not a word from Camilla's hairdresser Hugh Green.

How wonderful to get a bit nearer to the facts, so it was a no name courtier who told the Mail, who contacted another celebrity stylist, who estimated what she might have to pay.:D :rolleyes:

Its all relative. 5K might not be a lot of money to some...but to others it is a large some of money. So that's about 60K a year that he might lose. Not cool anyway you look at it.

Camilla's hair

I'm sure some of the men on the board may not care about Camilla's hair. As a woman, seeing someone reportedly spend nearly $5000 (US) on her hair every month and then see the results: she's been overcharged! I'm one of the first to admit I wish Camilla would get a NEW 'do, the one she has reminds me way too much of the 70s and Farrah Fawcett. It is her choice, and if she likes it, oh well. I DO think she could get a more flattering cut, but the colorist is doing well and she should keep that. All well and good, but $5000 a MONTH????? on HAIR?????? That would pay my mortage, my bills, and leave money left over....

skhaynie said:
I'm sure some of the men on the board may not care about Camilla's hair. As a woman, seeing someone reportedly spend nearly $5000 (US) on her hair every month and then see the results: she's been overcharged! I'm one of the first to admit I wish Camilla would get a NEW 'do, the one she has reminds me way too much of the 70s and Farrah Fawcett. It is her choice, and if she likes it, oh well. I DO think she could get a more flattering cut, but the colorist is doing well and she should keep that. All well and good, but $5000 a MONTH????? on HAIR?????? That would pay my mortage, my bills, and leave money left over....

Well, I think we can conclude here that we can be happy that the duchess spent that amount of money on her hair. We wouldn't want to see how she looked like if she didn't, would we? ;)

skhaynie said:
All well and good, but $5000 a MONTH????? on HAIR?????? That would pay my mortage, my bills, and leave money left over....

I really can't see a problem, if she has that amount of money to spend and it is not coming from the British taxpayer, why the fuss?

She is being condemned but, no one even knows if it is true.:eek:

And if it was true? Who will really care? If Charles is paying the money, they can do what they want. The coiffeur can be happy about the lot of money. From this money he is living, so other people are happy with it. And so on and on...It´s alright.

I just think the money could be spent else where. It is his money and he can do what he wants but that is a lot of money for something that can be done on your own.

Princejohnny25 said:
I just think the money could be spent else where. It is his money and he can do what he wants but that is a lot of money for something that can be done on your own.

It dosen't matter how hard you try you can never get it looking as good when done by a pro. It's not that expensive ive paid £300 for a new hair style before now and im not in the public eye, spend spend spend YRH you look great for that price.

Princejohnny25 said:

I should think half the women in the world would not say no to having a stylist come and do their hair. Most women go to the hairdresser if they are going anywhere 'special', why should Camilla have to be different.
When you are at a restaurant and look at how many of the women have 'done' their own hair, it might be better for them if they did have their own stylist.
If she spent money on clothes, everyone would complain, the same with anything she spends her money on, what do you want her to do, save it for old age?
As has already pointed out, it is only gossip made up to sell a paper anyway!

Yes many people spend lots of money to get their hair done on special events but getting it done everyday when it even istn that good is a bit ostentatious.

Princejohnny25 said:
Yes many people spend lots of money to get their hair done on special events but getting it done everyday when it even istn that good is a bit ostentatious.

We don't know if it is every day, The whole article is a work of fiction and yet you are condemning her over it, without any facts! What you think it is OK for her to spend her money on, is probably totally different to half the people on here!

Whenever Camilla goes out into the public arena, it is a 'special' event. I think her hair, on most occasions looks lovely (there is nothing she or anyone can do about the wind blowing it).:)
Good luck to her whatever she spends on her hair stylist, an amount we don't know about!:)

Zonk1189 said:
Its all relative. 5K might not be a lot of money to some...but to others it is a large some of money. So that's about 60K a year that he might lose. Not cool anyway you look at it.

Probably they added the cost of the hairdresser and the cost of her maid up and built that enormous sum. Camilla surely has a ladies' maid who looks after Camilla's dresses ect. and does her hair like she was shown by the hairdresser? If you include all costs for an employée including employer's shares for social security etc. and add the cost for a famous hairdresser now and then you may end up with an amount like that.

Just my guess, of course...

Jo of Palatine said:
Probably they added the cost of the hairdresser and the cost of her maid up and built that enormous sum. Camilla surely has a ladies' maid who looks after Camilla's dresses ect. and does her hair like she was shown by the hairdresser? If you include all costs for an employée including employer's shares for social security etc. and add the cost for a famous hairdresser now and then you may end up with an amount like that.

Just my guess, of course...

Guess or not, I hope that its more to it than just getting her hair done. ;)
That is just an obscene amount of money for just hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom