The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree! Combining patronages at some events would be awesome, and Catherine is amazing with all kids- especially those with special needs.

Totally agree! Combining patronages at some events would be awesome, and Catherine is amazing with all kids- especially those with special needs.
Yes, I agree. I like that she and William invites kids from their different charities to other things. Like when they watched African Cats (or what ever that movie premier they were at for Tusk) they had invited a lot of kids and their families from their other charities to watch. And when Kate was pregnant with George she christened a ship. I think it was 300 people from her charities that was invited to stay a night on the ship. I love when they do things like that.

No. All the families from EACH Children's Hospice stayed on the ship. Made me cry. I love it too- that they do it period, and how often. Amazing, but then what would be amazing is if they didn't. It's William and Catherine. Not surprising now. I just smile.

Last edited:
Reading some of the recent headlines I wanted to bang my head. I can't stand that the media constantly defines women by their body and looks. "Pregnant Kate goes to an Art Room engagement", "Pregnant Kate attends Christmas with the royals","Pregnant Kate turns 33". "Is Pregnant Kate's baby bump too small for six months?!" " Blonde Beauty Chelsy attends horse race in South Africa". " Blonde Beauty Cressida attends BAFTA tea party". "Pippa and her famous bum will bike race for The British Heart Foundation". "The newly trim Fergie goes on television to promote her juicer".

I would like them to say "Sausage Fingers Charles has blocked BBC documentary on his p.r. spin". "Chubby Andrew caught in sex controversy". "Liver Spots Philip will turn 94 this year!" "Bald William speaks out against poaching". " Rosacea Harry meets NBA star." But the media would never patronize a male royal like that. That disrespect is saved for the women.

Yes, I think reminding everyone that kate is pregnant it's quite annoying but I'm used to it...

Reading some of the recent headlines I wanted to bang my head. I can't stand that the media constantly defines women by their body and looks. "Pregnant Kate goes to an Art Room engagement", "Pregnant Kate attends Christmas with the royals","Pregnant Kate turns 33". "Is Pregnant Kate's baby bump too small for six months?!" " Blonde Beauty Chelsy attends horse race in South Africa". " Blonde Beauty Cressida attends BAFTA tea party". "Pippa and her famous bum will bike race for The British Heart Foundation". "The newly trim Fergie goes on television to promote her juicer".

I would like them to say "Sausage Fingers Charles has blocked BBC documentary on his p.r. spin". "Chubby Andrew caught in sex controversy". "Liver Spots Philip will turn 94 this year!" "Bald William speaks out against poaching". " Rosacea Harry meets NBA star." But the media would never patronize a male royal like that. That disrespect is saved for the women.

Maybe we should have a thread where we take headlines about Kate and do this to them :)
http://elitedaily.com/women/website-takes-sexist-tone-tabloid-headlines-photos/589528/

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Great points! :clap: I totally agree with you. I think it's a part of the same sexist attitude that sees women described in terms of their reproductive status, e.g. "63 year-old grandmother run down on pedestrian crossing", "39 year-old mother of three wins prestigious award". Men are not usually defined by their status as father or the number of children/grandchildren they have.

Maybe we should have a thread where we take headlines about Kate and do this to them :)
This Is What Happens When You Remove Sexism From Tabloid Headlines (Photos)

Good idea.

Last edited:
Thrifty Kate strikes again! Six months pregnant Duchess of Cambridge steps out in £50 high street dress (no need for maternity wear)-
Thrifty Kate strikes again! Six months pregnant Duchess of Cambridge steps out in £50 high street dress (no need for maternity wear) | Daily Mail Online

British Royals @britishroyals · 1h 1 hour ago
Kate meets @fosteringnet staff before joining a meeting with foster carers (via @EmmaWrightITV)
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/status/556047213583822849

Fostering Network @fosteringnet · 40m 40 minutes ago
Care leaver Simone tells The Duchess about her experiences in foster care
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/status/556056354088304641

Fostering Network @fosteringnet · 29m 29 minutes ago
The Duchess is enjoying meeting foster carers and children at the celebration tea party
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/status/556059483479490562

Fostering Network @fosteringnet · 23m 23 minutes ago
Speeches thanking The a Duchess for her attendance today
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/status/556061043181760512

Jim Bond tells The Duchess how more foster carers who can foster teenagers and disabled children are needed
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/status/556061371616755713

"you've shined a light on fostering. Thank you"
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/status/556061522628452352

Fostering Network @fosteringnet · 21m 21 minutes ago
Zoe delivers a memory box to The Duchess so that she can take memories of fostering with her
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/status/556062103334047745

I think it's a good thing she has taken up fostering care... It's a great cause who doesn't seem to have much attention, so I hope her appearance will bring more focus...

Duchess of Cambridge covers baby bump as she celebrates work of fosterers | Royal | News | Daily Express
THE Duchess of Cambridge stepped out for the second day in a row this week as she celebrated the work of foster carers and the children they look after.

Kate, who is six months pregnant, dazzled in a dark brown Hobbs coat that showed just a hint of a baby bump.

The Duchess enjoyed cupcakes and chocolate brownies as she sat with energetic youngsters at the tea party, organised by the Fostering Network, in Islington.

She spoke to foster mothers and fathers and shook hands with everyone in the room as she told them: "I've heard a huge amount about fostering, it's really great for me to have an opportunity to speak to you."

Video: Kate Middleton takes time for tea with foster carers - Telegraph
The Duchess of Cambridge celebrated the work of foster carers and the children they look after when she joined them for a tea party.

Kate sat down to a mid morning snack of cup cakes and chocolate brownies with energetic youngsters and their foster carers as she learned about their efforts.

The Duchess, who is six months pregnant, looked stylish in a dark brown Hobbs coat that showed a hint of her baby bump.

She had travelled to Islington Council offices in north London where the organisation the Fostering Network hosted a reception to celebrate the work of their carers.

The charity states that more than 63,000 children live with over 52,500 foster families across the UK, and these youngsters have often experienced neglect and abuse or witnessed domestic violence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost wish the newspapers would split the stories up- fashion and event. The DM story leads with paragraphs of the what she is wearing and then actual stuff from the engagement. We never see so much clothing details especially the price for any other British Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I almost wish the newspapers would split the stories up- fashion and event. The DM story leads with paragraphs of the what she is wearing and then actual stuff from the engagement. We never see so much clothing details especially the price for any other British Royal.

That would be great! What is she doing on Monday?

There are 3 events in Kensington. One is a morning coffee group and there is a leisure center opening. I don't remember the third one.

No, the fostering event coffee morning, the leisure center, and a school- possibly for autism were all today. What's on Monday?

No, the fostering event coffee morning, the leisure center, and a school- possibly for autism were all today. What's on Monday?
No they are on Monday. The coffee is not for the fostering event. It's for an organisation called family friends or something like that :)

Thank you! I got mixed up! Today was just Fostering Network. Monday is Family Friends- disabled children, the leisure center, and the school- possibly autism? Makes sense. Can you repost the announcement tweet?

On Monday, she's attending a coffee morning with Family Friends and opening the Kensington Aldridge Academy and the Kensington Leisure Centre.

Thank you! I got mixed up! Today was just Fostering Network. Monday is Family Friends- disabled children, the leisure center, and the school- possibly autism? Makes sense. Can you repost the announcement tweet?
Hhaa, I got a little mixed up too. Not by the dates and such but I had also paired the coffee with the fostering event so when they served tea and cakes I got a little confused :p

That's what happened here too. Good thing I got confused and paired them up, and had to come on for other things. I was going to skip the fostering event, and if I had, then I would have missed Monday.
FYI Family Friends seems to be a support group for disabled kids- some in foster care/ adoption. I checked.;)

Last edited:
What a beautiful clip. I love her saying "your even chubbier that George" to the girl :p

I think it's up to us (royal watchers) to pay attention to the actual work Catherine is doing. The media feels the only way to grab the young readers attention, is to come up with some major fashionable headline, and then follow up with the purpose of Catherine's official engagements. I guess, when it comes down to the young royals, back in the day and today, fashion is what the media focus more on. It takes nothing away from the important work senior female members of the royal family do though.

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge celebrated the work of foster carers and the children they look after when she joined them for a tea party. Kate sat down to a mid morning snack of cup cakes and chocolate brownies with energetic youngsters and their foster carers as she learned about their efforts. The Duchess, who is six months pregnant, looked stylish in a dark brown Hobbs coat that showed a hint of her baby bump. .

Home - ITNSource News

I like that the BBC coverage had the young university student who had been in foster care sharing a little of her own experience. With the current number of 60,000 plus children in foster care across the UK I hope that some publicity will encourage others to consider becoming guardians.

Cupcakes and chocolate brownies hunh? My kind of snack! They looked yummy in the DM.
A real live:princess: + sugar = a recipe for hyper kids who think they are in heaven!
Bet she gets more when she visits Family Friends. Bet she won't mind! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom