The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the time of year when engagements wind down, not pick up. Unless engagements have already been announced I don't think you'll see any surprises two weeks out from Christmas

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 4m4 minutes ago
On Friday 16th January, The Duchess of Cambridge will celebrate the dedicated work of foster carers at an event hosted by @fosteringnet

What's the point of the current events thread. 90% of Kate engagements are to do with her charities. :lol:

I guess the current events thread is for engagements outside of her charities. You're right, the majority of her engagements have to do with her charities.

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 4m4 minutes ago
On Friday 16th January, The Duchess of Cambridge will celebrate the dedicated work of foster carers at an event hosted by @fosteringnet

I'm tearing up already, and this hasn't happened yet! Why can't it be this Friday!? Oh time, go faster please! Know it will, but can't wait! I'll be here! Kids+ Duchess= amazing, and when I think it can't get better it always does!

I'm tearing up already, and this hasn't happened yet! Why can't it be this Friday!? Oh time, go faster please! Know it will, but can't wait! I'll be here! Kids+ Duchess= amazing, and when I think it can't get better it always does!
The other event seems more child oriented. I figured this was more adults working with children. But I might be wrong. Love this child-oriented course her patronages and engagements seem to be following! She might after all become the Childrens Princess!

The other event seems more child oriented. I figured this was more adults working with children. But I might be wrong. Love this child-oriented course her patronages and engagements seem to be following! She might after all become the Childrens Princess!

I believe she already is...;)
I love it too.
And the more I think about it- the foster event does seem more adult oriented where the AR event more child. So I'm looking forward more to the AR event. I love to see the Duchess more with kids than adults .

I believe she already is...;)
I love it too.
And the more I think about it- the foster event does seem more adult oriented where the AR event more child. So I'm looking forward more to the AR event. I love to see the Duchess more with kids than adults .
I agree. I have a hunch that this is a pre-visit in a plan to be patron of this foster charity. Like she did with the sailing one.

Rose, and hernameispekka, You have voiced my thoughts here. This engagement is hitting close to home for many personal reasons, and I can't even begin to express how happy I am that Catherine is highlighting this cause.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I knew it would. Knew you'd be thrilled! So am I! Over the moon!

Last edited:
Now these are people who deserve to be recognized. I'd like to see her take on foster care as a patronage.

Now these are people who deserve to be recognized. I'd like to see her take on foster care as a patronage.
Me too. Most of her patronages so far (at least those dealing with problems, not the portrait gallery) seems to try tackling the countries problems early on. I think that is really clever, both in being effective but also fitting with HRH natural gift to interact with children. I hope she takes this on as a patronage. They could do really good work putting together something like that with Place2b.

I knew it would. Knew you'd be thrilled! So am I! Over the moon!

You know me too well, which is a great thing :D.

Yes, indeed! She would be a great voice for it, that's for sure.

Me too. Most of her patronages so far (at least those dealing with problems, not the portrait gallery) seems to try tackling the countries problems early on. I think that is really clever, both in being effective but also fitting with HRH natural gift to interact with children. I hope she takes this on as a patronage. They could do really good work putting together something like that with Place2b.

Catherine is wonderful, with children, isn't she? I think the causes she supports truly demonstrate what kind of person she is, and what she feels passionate about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Good for her, as a former foster parent I appreciate anyone who brings interest in this cause.

What's the point of the current events thread. 90% of Kate engagements are to do with her charities. :lol:

I guess the current events thread is for engagements outside of her charities. You're right, the majority of her engagements have to do with her charities.

The change was explained in the 'The Cambridge Patronage Threads' notice which is stickied at the top of the forum:

The reason for this is to separate the events which are linked to patronages, and therefore hold long-standing interest/commitment, and regular one-off events, and to highlight the royal's involvement in these causes. This will make it easier to find information in the future.

British Royals @britishroyals · 5h
3 more engagements for Kate on Jan 19th in Kensington: coffee morning with Family Friends, & opening Aldridge Academy & a Leisure Centre

3 new events for Catherine, not linked to her patronages.

Source - DukeandDuchessofCambridge.gov.uk

Monday 19th January 2015

The Duchess of Cambridge will attend a coffee morning at Family Friends Kensington to meet volunteers and get an overview of the organisation's work supporting vulnerable families.

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Kensington Aldridge Academy to formally open the new school.

The Duchess of Cambridge will visit Kensington Leisure Centre to formally open the new leisure centre

^^^All groups that work to improve the lives of Kensington residents.

^^^That makes sense for her to do what she can at this point in her pregnancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
KP maybe using the model of when Wills was in the Raf - Grouping engagements in the days when in London.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Is KAA a special needs school?

Not according to their website:

"Entrance to the academy is based purely on distance from the school – there is no banding or aptitude test, or any other form of selection based on attainment or ability. On arrival students will be grouped into different attainment bands, but we are not selective on entry."

Not according to their website:

"Entrance to the academy is based purely on distance from the school – there is no banding or aptitude test, or any other form of selection based on attainment or ability. On arrival students will be grouped into different attainment bands, but we are not selective on entry."
I see. I saw on their website something about autism though..

Maybe a school for autistic children? Maybe taking that on as a cause?
Makes sense that the Duchess would be interested in that- it may not be too- she's interested in all kids. I just wondered because she seems so interested in kids with special needs. In any case, the visit will be wonderful.

Last edited:
Maybe a school for autistic children? Maybe taking that on as a cause?
Makes sense that the Duchess would be interested in that- it may not be too- she's interested in all kids. I just wondered because she seems so interested in kids with special needs. In any case, the visit will be wonderful.
I agree that it would be amazing if she took up something like that. (Especially for me since I have Aspergers :p) She seems so good with kids in general and handicapped/special needs in particular. So would be amazing. I would love her to combine her patronages more. Like the art room would be a really good to combine with alot of her other charities. Place2b plus art room, EACH plus art room etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom