The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not care for the dress at all.

Why didnt she wear her hair up?

Boring

Been admiring Amal Clooney fashion sense..
Now that's a classy sharp brilliant lady

Amal Clooney? Never heard of her.

Slightly off-topic, but she is George Clooney's wife. Their wedding took place recently and there was coverage of it in a lot of magazines. :flowers:

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Thanks. George Clooneys wife. All I need or want to know.

Duchess of Cambridge at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards - ITV News
The Duchess of Cambridge made her second appearance of the day at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year, today is the first time Kate has been seen since announcing her second pregnancy.

Despite still suffering from the effects of a rare form of morning sickness, the pregnant Duchess greeted photographers at the Natural History Museum.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2 mins2 minutes ago

Expect to see Kate in her glamorous outfit tonight on a few front pages. It's the flash of leg that editors like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't detect any signs of a baby bump yet; maybe if the reporter is looking at her from an angle?

Off topic, but Amal's pre-engagement style wasn't that great. It got better after the engagement, but I still think it's hit or miss. I mean, can you imagine the uproar if Kate wore something like this?

I think Kate's style suits her position and hopes she keeps wearing what she likes. After all, she'll never please everyone.

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

Amal Clooney? Never heard of her.

Amal Alamuddin Clooney should certainly not be referred to as George Clooney's wife for an intro. She is an incredible lawyer who has worked for everyone from the United Nations to currently the Greek government who are campaigning to get the Elgin Marbles back. She is a true role model for women. With you linking articles from the daily mail you would have at the very least seen her.

Soapstar; Catherine would never wear the high/low dress that Amal wore. However for a future Queen and current Princess she has wore some "risqué" stuff IMO. This dress tonight is inappropriate JMO.

Last edited:
I think Kate looked quite elegant in that baby blue gown.

We're also probably going to see that Kate is "showing" a lot sooner than she was with George. The old rubber band theory at work. It'll be easier for her to (ahem) expand this time around as she's already done it once before. :D

Off topic, but Amal's pre-engagement style wasn't that great. It got better after the engagement, but I still think it's hit or miss. I mean, can you imagine the uproar if Kate wore something like this?

I think Kate's style suits her position and hopes she keeps wearing what she likes. After all, she'll never please everyone.

I recognise her now. That dress is not flattering at all. I'll take Kate's style any day.

Amal Alamuddin Clooney should certainly not be referred to as George Clooney's wife for an intro. She is an incredible lawyer who has worked for everyone from the United Nations to currently the Greek government who are campaigning to get the Elgin Marbles back. She is a true role model for women. With you linking articles from the daily mail you would have at the very least seen her.

Soapstar; Catherine would never wear the high/low dress that Amal wore. However for a future Queen and current Princess she has wore some "risqué" stuff IMO. This dress tonight is inappropriate JMO.

I hope Kate wouldn't wear that. Besides being way too short, I don't think that particular style of mullet dress looks good.

I hardly see anything inappropriate about the dress Kate wore tonight. Nor have I seen her wear anything risqué.

Last edited:
Lol @ risqué. Her outfit this afternoon was frumpy and now tonight's is risqué. Can't make it up.

I do not care for the dress at all.

Why didnt she wear her hair up?

Boring

Been admiring Amal Clooney fashion sense..
Now that's a classy sharp brilliant lady[/

if you want to Amal then thisis not. The thread to do it

I think Kate looked quite elegant in that baby blue gown.

We're also probably going to see that Kate is "showing" a lot sooner than she was with George. The old rubber band theory at work. It'll be easier for her to (ahem) expand this time around as she's already done it once before. :D
My personal experience is that rubber band theory is more like a fact. :D

Kate is on the front pages of The Times and Telegraph. Very well respected papers. No easy feat with a State Visit the same day.

It was good to see Her Royal Highness today and those Middleton legs always look good. I'm happy she's back and doing well.

Yes, I could see a little bump but I think most expecting mother's have a bump, lol.

I have to say that I like Catherine and her sense of dress, but I DETEST the way she clutches her hand bag in front of her with "hamster claws". I just wish she would hold the dang purse correctly or maybe just a little relaxed.

I have to say that I like Catherine and her sense of dress, but I DETEST the way she clutches her hand bag in front of her with "hamster claws". I just wish she would hold the dang purse correctly or maybe just a little relaxed.

I agree about the way she holds her hands in front of her ... My pet peeve about her :(

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Not sure why this has suddenly turned into an Amal Clooney vs the Duchess of Cambridge fashions tug of war, but I guess it's time to add a new entry to the list I keep of things I see online that make me shake my head over. I do agree that this lady is far more than the typical arm candy George has gone towards in the past and is a very formidable woman who has been very active in the fight against Human Trafficking and Abuse Against Women Worldwide and was also very much a part of that Conference earlier this year that Angelina Jolie was honoured by HM for pulling off.

Amal Clooney is far more than just "George Clooney's wife" and deserves respect for what she has done in the fight against two issues that in this day and age should be eradicated off the face of this Earth!!

Okay..Back on topic...

McQueen does it again!! When it comes to major events, they seem to be Kate's go to Designer and once again they've come up w/a winner. Yes, you can tell Kate's still not quite up to snuff yet, but she looked quite a bit better than I was expecting to see too. Really loved the entire look and I can easily imagine she's been looking forward to today and getting back out again.

As for tonight...I'm still on the fence about the actual dress, but the colour looked amazing on Kate and I adore the shoes!! So envious of anyone being able to wear gorgeous shoes like that, as w/the feet I've got, I can only dream. I wish she had worn her hair up so we could have seen that necklace properly, but considering it looks like Kate is finally diving into the Jewel Box...It's one of those things where I feel like as maddening as it is we can't see it, at least there is a necklace there. If that makes any sense.

So wonderful to see her out again!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:I think that perhaps she has learned the lesson of holding her purse this way because she knows that the media will focus on her dress to see if it will fly up again...............I have noticed that she no longer wears floaty dresses and most of her clothes are like pencil skirt styles.....the media has no shame at all.............

She looks lovely tonight in the blue dress, and that head of hair of hers is so beautiful and gorgeous, I used to have thick hair until my son was born and then he got all the thick hair and I lost most of mine, doctors say this happens to some women when having a baby.............now my son is bald and my hair is thin...........I want Catherine's hair............Hope Catherine doesn't have this problem. She likes the color blue it seems and she looks good in it, the dress is lovely yet I don't like the long short part of it, not a fan of short in the front and long in the back.............

The Mail Online must be pleased Kate is back. Both articles on her are in the top 5 most viewed and commented on for today.

Just saw a photo of Kate walking and I'm now less impressed. The gown looks like a hybrid...of what I don't know. Oh, well, she does look good when she's standing still. The blue color is most flattering to the hair color. The hair is still a mess, but at least it's nice and full. Hair extensions will do that...

Go Kate!!!!

Hmmm...do you really think she has hair extensions? I can usually tell and it doesn't seem like it to me. Her hair looks incredibly beautiful. In fact the tiny bit of extra weight is very flattering to Kate, period!

I didn't know there was a correct way to hold a purse....

Loved both outfits on her today. McQueen always impresses me. What do you guys think about her evening dress choice? Personally, I loved it. I felt as though it was elegant enough for the occasion but still had a bit of personality to it befitting someone her age. I love her coat dresses too, but I like the little bit of daring she added to her evening gown. Thoughts? Do you feel it was a tad too immodest? Cut a bit funny? Inquiring minds want to know! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom