The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually,I did see a tabloid article about Kate and Mary once...Mary was a ''bad influence'' on her apparently.

It's because courtesy of the 'Kate effect' The press has latched on to the beautiful fashionable thin commoner mother of two adorable daughters just become queen... all all media golden selling points.

Last edited:
As has been said before, HP is unpredictable. One day you're feeling better and the next you can't get out of bed.

This is the first sighting of Kate since she announced her pregnancy, so she hasn't been shopping, shopping, shopping. She was obviously feeling better, hence the planned engagement for today.

She's obviously ill...I seriously doubt her doctors (and the palace) would lie about something like that. Plus what would be the point of lying? So she could get out of a few engagements? It makes no sense.

Last edited:
I know for me, that if I feel nauseous and have to be at appointments, I actually (I think) talk myself into more nausea. But I am able to run to the store to get soda, meds, food for the family, whatever. It's the pressure of knowing I cannot be ill that makes me feel worse - if that makes any sense.

So if I were in the DOCs shoes - I would be a complete, unschedule - able mess.

Which is not to say that I am completely sanguine about the idea that on a good day she went to the mall and looked at clothes. I understand the need to get out when you have felt ill, but there might have better choices of how to blow out the cobwebs. Just my opinion.

wow, for kate to cancel the engagement at this point, i guess this means HG is still causing her havoc. i didn't know it could last that long, specially when being treated for a few weeks now, although they did say it gets worse in the next pregnancies...

where's the tweet of the sunday shopping spree?

HG can last most of the pregnancy, unfortunately. I've been out of work for months because of it and I regularly see my doctor to try to manage it. I'm guessing Catherine will be out of commission for awhile yet, especially with the graduated severity it tends to have.

Whilst we wait to see Catherine in public again, it might be worth preparing ourselves that her first public appearance might not be an official engagement and could simply be a stroll in the park or indeed a trip to the shops - I don't mind where it is, I just want to see her again!

It is also against RF rules to be rude/other negative personal stuff about posters - so let's get back to the important stuff.

I like this post from Jacknch

Whilst we wait to see Catherine in public again, it might be worth preparing ourselves that her first public appearance might not be an official engagement and could simply be a stroll in the park or indeed a trip to the shops - I don't mind where it is, I just want to see her again!

She is unwell - and there are risks attached to this illness, but that aside, she isnt going to spring back 100% fit on a royal engagement. In my life I've been ill for weeks and it takes time to get back to normal - convalescence is needed. So walking, getting out and about is needed.

I've also thought that last time she was hospitalised; perhaps this time she should have been but maybe decided to be at home for George. Priorities do shift once children arrive.

I prefer to be postive and I hope that she is well soon.

On the matter, I do think Kate should work more but not when she's ill. I've always found that she does too little when it comes to her events and she very rarely actually promotes her charities by showing up. I think the same goes for William. So it is no surprise to me that Harry is the most popular member of the family.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by: "she very rarely actually promotes her charities by showing up." What else has she missed that she should have attended in your opinion?
We also have no idea what she is doing not in public as support for her charities. And I think there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that happens.

I would bet my last ham sandwich that she is very active and connected with her charities behind the scenes. Case in point that comes to mind that even when hospitalized with HG during her pregnancy with George, there was a blip somewhere (probably still in the archives here at TRF) about Kate coming up with some kind of a basket to be used in an auction for one of her charities IIRC. I'm sure too that she keeps up with and stays in communication with The Royal Foundation.

What we see with Kate doing the public visits and photo ops for the charities is only the tip of the iceberg that we're allowed to see.

What do you mean by: "she very rarely actually promotes her charities by showing up." What else has she missed that she should have attended in your opinion?
We also have no idea what she is doing not in public as support for her charities. And I think there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that happens.
That's why I said: ''promoting her charities by actually showing up.''
I don't pretend to know what she does behind the scenes for her charities as I really don't but her being a representative of the BRF, she could be more present in my opinion. She's a young, attractive woman that people want to see and perhaps listen to. I'd like to see her represent charities that aim to strenghten and futher a woman's position, health and safety in society.

She cannot be Amal Alamuddin as she is simply not educated as highly and I can understand why she doesn't have to be out there as much, but a little more would be nice imo.

I agree that Kate's first "public" appearance may be pushing George in his tram or an evening out with William or out and about with a friend rather than a formal opening or scheduled event because of the very nature of morning sickness. In order not to disappoint, I suspect Kate won't make any planned public appearances until the morning sickness is controlled.

I definitely agree. Going out with William or a friend allows her to be able to go back home if she starts to feel too ill. As much as I'd like to see her out again, I'd hate for her to be at an engagement and have to leave early or become sick right there. In any case, I really hope it subsides for her sooner rather than later because I'm sure she is bummed about missing these events.

Wow...you guys have been busy...a total 54 posts deleted!

It goes without saying that we are not a fan site...despite what many think (and we don't need to discuss this here) but both positive and negative opinions are always welcome at TRF....we just ask that the discussion remain civil.

So enough with the rudeness to your fellow TRF posters. I am OVER that.

Let's get back on topic.

:/ she must be having a rougher time of it with this pregnancy- which fits the HG pattern

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

There are rumours that Kate is at Bucklebury with her mother, and has been for some time. William may be at KP studying or in Norfolk. They lead lives away from each other quite a lot of the time.

There was talk amongst the royal reporters that she could possibly make an appearance in two weeks but now we know that engagement has been cancelled. This illness is kicking her behind but I hope she'll be better really soon. Not just because a great deal of us miss seeing her but it can't be easy for her to be sick this long. I'm really hoping her illness will ease up now.

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

Any one remember when the first engagement was with she was carrying George (not count the brief award presentation). I think it was an Art Room event in late Jan or Early Feb. That time of year is so super slow royal event wise so she might have felt better before it.

It seems that Kate has engagements on the calendar but nothing is getting announced with the normal 2 weeks notice. I wonder if she will just show up to an event when she feels better.

William could also be in Buckleberry. He just did an investiture at Windsor which is nearby. A lot of the test and training he is doing could be online so it might not matter where he is.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

There are rumours that Kate is at Bucklebury with her mother, and has been for some time. William may be at KP studying or in Norfolk. They lead lives away from each other quite a lot of the time.

I've read that Bucklebury is about 45 minutes from London, so William could easily drive back and forth to KP.

She's having such a rough time, I feel so bad for her. I really hope she starts to feel better soon.

Last edited:
I wonder if she will have more than two children. I did read somewhere that she wanted a big family, but I don't know how true that is. Given how difficult of a time she has had in both pregnancies (this one more than the last), I'm guessing not.

Any one remember when the first engagement was with she was carrying George...
First event was 11th February which was the Gala at the NPG.
I think William has been at Bucklebury too - short hop to Windsor.

Her first engagement was February 19th - she visited Hope House. It seems she started to feel better toward the end of January. There were sporadic sightings of her (Starbucks, walking Lupo), and one of the royal reporters mentioned that she was holding behind the scene meetings with her charities.

ETA: I forgot about her attending the January 11th NPG engagment where her portrait was unveiled.

Gosh! She should almost be 3 months pregnant in few weeks.... It seems ages since we last saw her...

She is seriously ill with HG. We all know this so we will see her when we see her. Right now the most important thing is getting rest and medical attention as needed.
Plenty of time for photo ops later when she's feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom