The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Jane Barr's From Berkshire to Buckingham

A Christmas Surprise for Scouts as Kate Pops in "Unannounced"

Old 12-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge will attend a meeting of the newly established 23rd Poplar Beaver Scout Colony, in support of The Scout Association's "Better Prepared" campaign. Her Royal Highness will meet the group's volunteer Scout Leader and help the group with activities designed to gain their Disability Awareness Award, including learning sign language. Her Royal Highness will then present the badges-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-17-2014, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Better Prepared with the Duchess
Old 12-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
There are times when I SWEAR that we share a brain . I get what you're feeling, because I feel it too. It's knowing that someone in her position would see your worth by taking the time to learn, and help children learn what it's like to work with a exceptionality.

You can tell that she cares, and like her husband, she'll be the voice for those of us that get lost in the crowd, because people don't want to take the time and open their hearts. I wish more people that work in the special education field would take a leaf out of her book.

You said it! And she's a natural at hand-over (or under)-hand assistance. As I've said for years, the woman would be a gift in a special ed classroom.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
@ Daria - Last night is a good example of why the director at the center for developmentally delayed mentally handicapped children said - " I would hire her tomorrow!"
Old 12-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Better Prepared with the Duchess
The best part of the video IMO is hearing from the parents and the Scouts themselves. Glad to see this 100+ organization is still teaching worthwhile skills to children around the world.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
@ Daria - Last night is a good example of why the director at the center for developmentally delayed mentally handicapped children said - " I would hire her tomorrow!"
I was at a job interview today, and it was for a TA position in a special education preschool. There were so many kids who would benefit from working with someone like Catherine. The director is very hands-on, and kids love him. I can definitely picture Catherine in that environment.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I was at a job interview today, and it was for a TA position in a special education preschool. There were so many kids who would benefit from working with someone like Catherine. The director is very hands-on, and kids love him. I can definitely picture Catherine in that environment.

So can I! Love that! Hope the job works out! Was it the school Kate visited?
Keep me posted!
Old 12-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It is a wonderful cause. Good luck on the job. It takes a special person to work with special needs children, but educators change the world.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

And Daria is one of the most special people I know!
Old 12-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

Is it part of a public school district or a private institution? Good luck Daria.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
So can I! Love that! Hope the job works out! Was it the school Kate visited?
Keep me posted!
No, it's not the school that Kate visited, though it would be an honor to work in an institution that regarded her so highly. It's a preschool in Brooklyn, ran by Hellen Keller Services for the Blind. I'm sure if you look that up, something about the school will pop up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
It is a wonderful cause. Good luck on the job. It takes a special person to work with special needs children, but educators change the world.
Thank you! I try my best to be what the children need, and cross my fingers that it works out in the end.

Quote:
And Daria is one of the most special people I know!
Thank you .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Is it part of a public school district or a private institution? Good luck Daria.
This is a special needs preschool that is ran out of an agency. The kids don't pay to go there, so it's not private. It operates on the NYC Department of Ed. calendar, and I think it's funded by the state. There's a name for that type of school, but I forgot what it is.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Charter school.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Royal Highness

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 4m4 minutes ago
On Friday 16th January, The Duchess of Cambridge will celebrate the dedicated work of foster carers at an event hosted by @fosteringnet
Old 01-06-2015, 08:43 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts relating to the upcoming Art Room engagement have been moved to the The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of The Art Room thread.

Please remember that patronage-related events are to now be posted in either the patronage-specific thread if one exists, or Kate's patronages and charities thread.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Courtier

What's the point of the current events thread. 90% of Kate engagements are to do with her charities.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

I guess the current events thread is for engagements outside of her charities. You're right, the majority of her engagements have to do with her charities.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 01-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 4m4 minutes ago
On Friday 16th January, The Duchess of Cambridge will celebrate the dedicated work of foster carers at an event hosted by @fosteringnet
I'm tearing up already, and this hasn't happened yet! Why can't it be this Friday!? Oh time, go faster please! Know it will, but can't wait! I'll be here! Kids+ Duchess= amazing, and when I think it can't get better it always does!
Old 01-06-2015, 01:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I'm tearing up already, and this hasn't happened yet! Why can't it be this Friday!? Oh time, go faster please! Know it will, but can't wait! I'll be here! Kids+ Duchess= amazing, and when I think it can't get better it always does!
The other event seems more child oriented. I figured this was more adults working with children. But I might be wrong. Love this child-oriented course her patronages and engagements seem to be following! She might after all become the Childrens Princess!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
The other event seems more child oriented. I figured this was more adults working with children. But I might be wrong. Love this child-oriented course her patronages and engagements seem to be following! She might after all become the Childrens Princess!
I believe she already is...
I love it too.
And the more I think about it- the foster event does seem more adult oriented where the AR event more child. So I'm looking forward more to the AR event. I love to see the Duchess more with kids than adults .
Old 01-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I believe she already is...
I love it too.
And the more I think about it- the foster event does seem more adult oriented where the AR event more child. So I'm looking forward more to the AR event. I love to see the Duchess more with kids than adults .
I agree. I have a hunch that this is a pre-visit in a plan to be patron of this foster charity. Like she did with the sailing one.

Closed Thread