The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Serene Highness

I think that perhaps she has learned the lesson of holding her purse this way because she knows that the media will focus on her dress to see if it will fly up again...............I have noticed that she no longer wears floaty dresses and most of her clothes are like pencil skirt styles.....the media has no shame at all.............

She looks lovely tonight in the blue dress, and that head of hair of hers is so beautiful and gorgeous, I used to have thick hair until my son was born and then he got all the thick hair and I lost most of mine, doctors say this happens to some women when having a baby.............now my son is bald and my hair is thin...........I want Catherine's hair............Hope Catherine doesn't have this problem. She likes the color blue it seems and she looks good in it, the dress is lovely yet I don't like the long short part of it, not a fan of short in the front and long in the back.............

Old 10-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Outstanding contributions this year! My personal favorite is the frog.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

The Mail Online must be pleased Kate is back. Both articles on her are in the top 5 most viewed and commented on for today.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Just saw a photo of Kate walking and I'm now less impressed. The gown looks like a hybrid...of what I don't know. Oh, well, she does look good when she's standing still. The blue color is most flattering to the hair color. The hair is still a mess, but at least it's nice and full. Hair extensions will do that...

Go Kate!!!!

Hmmm...do you really think she has hair extensions? I can usually tell and it doesn't seem like it to me. Her hair looks incredibly beautiful. In fact the tiny bit of extra weight is very flattering to Kate, period!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
I have to say that I like Catherine and her sense of dress, but I DETEST the way she clutches her hand bag in front of her with "hamster claws". I just wish she would hold the dang purse correctly or maybe just a little relaxed.
I didn't know there was a correct way to hold a purse....
Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I didn't know there was a correct way to hold a purse....

Neither did I. Learn something new every day. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Gentry

Loved both outfits on her today. McQueen always impresses me. What do you guys think about her evening dress choice? Personally, I loved it. I felt as though it was elegant enough for the occasion but still had a bit of personality to it befitting someone her age. I love her coat dresses too, but I like the little bit of daring she added to her evening gown. Thoughts? Do you feel it was a tad too immodest? Cut a bit funny? Inquiring minds want to know! :P
Old 10-22-2014, 12:22 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually there is a specific thread just for the discussion of what Kate wears.

Its at The Duchess of Cambridge's Maternity Fashion: December 2012 -
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-22-2014, 12:46 AM
Gentry

Thank you!
Old 10-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
Loved both outfits on her today. McQueen always impresses me. What do you guys think about her evening dress choice? Personally, I loved it. I felt as though it was elegant enough for the occasion but still had a bit of personality to it befitting someone her age. I love her coat dresses too, but I like the little bit of daring she added to her evening gown. Thoughts? Do you feel it was a tad too immodest? Cut a bit funny? Inquiring minds want to know! :P
I know some posters have criticised the evening dress, I thought it was a fun dress without being tarty. So all in all, well done.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Kate is on the front pages of The Times and Telegraph. Very well respected papers. No easy feat with a State Visit the same day.

Actually a very easy feat considering she's Catherine and a state visit is easily ignored by our papers. I bet the headline is something to do with "she's back". Nothing actually constructive.

@QueenVicMirror: Engagement for Kate announced tomorrow night - she will attend Autumn Gala Evening for @ActionAddiction at L'Anima Restaurant, London
Old 10-22-2014, 09:07 AM

Come on, all of you! Our Duchess looks fantastic: youthful, beautiful, stylish and CLASSY! A dynamic comeback look, I'd say!. The color was extremely flattering and her hair is gorgeous. Very few women could wear their hair as she does and maintain an overall elegance.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sshepard7 View Post
Come on, all of you! Our Duchess looks fantastic: youthful, beautiful, stylish and CLASSY! A dynamic comeback look, I'd say!. The color was extremely flattering and her hair is gorgeous. Very few women could wear their hair as she does and maintain an overall elegance.
Thanks, sshepard7, for the positive comments. Many of our posters seem to have had razor blades for breakfast today!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

GBR: The Duchess Of Cambridge Attends The Wildlife Photographer of The Year 2014 Awards Pictures & News Photos | Getty Images
Old 10-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
!! REAL- MY ROYALS !!: Widlife Photographer of the Year Awards,London

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look at that beaming smile from the young photographer. What an accomplishment at a very young age.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Look at that beaming smile from the young photographer. What an accomplishment at a very young age.
So cute how he walked off and had to be called back for photos! I'd probably do the same and I'm not 8. :P
Old 10-23-2014, 12:29 AM
Heir Apparent

How long did she have to stay at the evening event?
Old 10-23-2014, 07:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
those Middleton legs always look good
Extremely well-toned. In fact, suspiciously well-toned considering that their owner supposedly hasn't been able to get out of bed for two months. Those legs look like they've been working very hard with the personal trainer during Kate's "debilitating illness".

Closed Thread