The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Hoping that as she moves into her second trimester that she'll finally have some relief.
I sincerely hope so too. As bad as the HG was when she was pregnant with George, I really have to commend her pluck to even contemplate having another child. One thing I definitely think is that home and family are one of W&K's top priorities and it means enough to Kate to willingly go through this all again with a second child. A lot of women would not have that kind of stamina.

Right now I'm wishing her a very healthy appetite, to be able to eat and actually enjoy the benefits from the meal and perhaps some very odd cravings to send William out for a 3 am.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Does one of the other royal ladies already cover pre-natal conditions or maternity care? HG is not that common. If they do could this be seen as "poaching" from one of their causes?
I'm not sure, but the other Royal I could think of who might advocate causes like that already is Sophie. Didn't she experience a difficult birth which almost killed her and her daughter? I know very little about her situation so I apologise if I'm inaccurate in my post.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

She did and not only that she'd faced an ectopic pregnancy prior to having Louise.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:23 AM
Gentry

Wow! That's awful! Glad both she and Louise were/are okay.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes they were very fortunate. On top of that drama, Louise came early and her father was out of the country in Maritius on an official visit. It took some time before he could be reunited with them. Louise had to be flown to a different hospital which had a higher level NICU.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Yes they were very fortunate. On top of that drama, Louise came early and her father was out of the country in Maritius on an official visit. It took some time before he could be reunited with them. Louise had to be flown to a different hospital which had a higher level NICU.
Wow. I didn't know any of that! Thanks for the information.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Nobility

I had HG and I can assure you it is hell. I had it for the full 9 months and didn't gain my first pound till my 17th week. To top it off I was quite thin at the time 5'5" and 105lbs , much like Kate, and all the while I worried that the baby would be alright. In the end I gained 17lbs and had a healthy baby and went through the whole thing again for baby number two.When you want children you endure what you must, I hope she feels better soon.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Nobility

Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post
I had HG and I can assure you it is hell. I had it for the full 9 months and didn't gain my first pound till my 17th week. To top it off I was quite thin at the time 5'5" and 105lbs , much like Kate, and all the while I worried that the baby would be alright. In the end I gained 17lbs and had a healthy baby and went through the whole thing again for baby number two.When you want children you endure what you must, I hope she feels better soon.
Apparently she does
When she feels her family is complete,it will be a thing of the past.....except when they have a daughter.
She may inherit it
Old 10-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlene View Post

Lets hope this is the worst your kids give you and The Duchess. I never had morning sickness with my kids but my sister did. She was more like you. She threw up so bad and so hard and often, she popped blood vessels in her eyes. Everyone told her it was normal and don't bother the doctors with it. Amazing enough, her kids were healthy.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Majesty

Duchess of Gloucester is connected to a Sudden Infant Death charity, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
I'm not sure, but the other Royal I could think of who might advocate causes like that already is Sophie.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Apparently she does
When she feels her family is complete,it will be a thing of the past.....except when they have a daughter.
She may inherit it
George could also pass it on to his daughters. According to one genetic case study I saw on Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
Well said. Another great analogy I recently read was that calling HG 'morning sickness' is like referring to pneumonia as a cold.
I think I mentioned above that a t.v. medical reporter/doctor here in the US said calling HG "morning sickness' is like calling a Category 5 hurricane "a little rain".
Old 10-18-2014, 09:53 PM
Majesty

My mother mentioned to me in passing that she had HG when she was pregnant with me. Her blood pressure went through the roof, and it was one of the reasons I was born early. It was too much for her heart. However, when she was carrying my sister there were no issues. Mom also told me that more than likely, I may experience HG when pregnant, so it may indeed be linked to genetics, as someone pointed out.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h 3 hours ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will also attend the Wildlife Photographer of The Year 2014 Awards Ceremony at the Natural History Museum tomorrow.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 3h 3 hours ago
The Duchess of Cambridge, with Sir David Attenborough, will present awards to overall adult winners and under 18's tomorrow at @NHM_WPY.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 4h 4 hours ago
The Duchess of Cambridge will take part in the State visit by Singapore's president tomorrow, Kensington Palace says.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Cheers! This can only mean one thing. She's feeling better!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah, she's back and we've missed indeed. I hope she continue's to feel better from now on.

Perhaps now we know why she and William aren't going to the State Banquet, she have an engagement in the evening.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

It could also be that while she can handle a short visit to an awards ceremony, a stiff, formal function like a dinner (and dealing with the smell of food, perfume, flowers, etc.) might still be a bit too much for Kate to handle.

But it's great that she's feeling somewhat better and can get out some now. I wouldn't wish HG on anyone.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I'm really glad that she's starting to feel well enough to attend some events. Can't wait to see her tommorrow.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
I think I mentioned above that a t.v. medical reporter/doctor here in the US said calling HG "morning sickness' is like calling a Category 5 hurricane "a little rain".
I like that one too! Haha.
Old 10-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

What time is the award ceremony today ?