The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Totally agree! Combining patronages at some events would be awesome, and Catherine is amazing with all kids- especially those with special needs.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Totally agree! Combining patronages at some events would be awesome, and Catherine is amazing with all kids- especially those with special needs.
Yes, I agree. I like that she and William invites kids from their different charities to other things. Like when they watched African Cats (or what ever that movie premier they were at for Tusk) they had invited a lot of kids and their families from their other charities to watch. And when Kate was pregnant with George she christened a ship. I think it was 300 people from her charities that was invited to stay a night on the ship. I love when they do things like that.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

No. All the families from EACH Children's Hospice stayed on the ship. Made me cry. I love it too- that they do it period, and how often. Amazing, but then what would be amazing is if they didn't. It's William and Catherine. Not surprising now. I just smile.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Reading some of the recent headlines I wanted to bang my head. I can't stand that the media constantly defines women by their body and looks. "Pregnant Kate goes to an Art Room engagement", "Pregnant Kate attends Christmas with the royals","Pregnant Kate turns 33". "Is Pregnant Kate's baby bump too small for six months?!" " Blonde Beauty Chelsy attends horse race in South Africa". " Blonde Beauty Cressida attends BAFTA tea party". "Pippa and her famous bum will bike race for The British Heart Foundation". "The newly trim Fergie goes on television to promote her juicer".

I would like them to say "Sausage Fingers Charles has blocked BBC documentary on his p.r. spin". "Chubby Andrew caught in sex controversy". "Liver Spots Philip will turn 94 this year!" "Bald William speaks out against poaching". " Rosacea Harry meets NBA star." But the media would never patronize a male royal like that. That disrespect is saved for the women.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:57 PM
Majesty

Yes, I think reminding everyone that kate is pregnant it's quite annoying but I'm used to it...
Old 01-15-2015, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Reading some of the recent headlines I wanted to bang my head. I can't stand that the media constantly defines women by their body and looks. "Pregnant Kate goes to an Art Room engagement", "Pregnant Kate attends Christmas with the royals","Pregnant Kate turns 33". "Is Pregnant Kate's baby bump too small for six months?!" " Blonde Beauty Chelsy attends horse race in South Africa". " Blonde Beauty Cressida attends BAFTA tea party". "Pippa and her famous bum will bike race for The British Heart Foundation". "The newly trim Fergie goes on television to promote her juicer".

I would like them to say "Sausage Fingers Charles has blocked BBC documentary on his p.r. spin". "Chubby Andrew caught in sex controversy". "Liver Spots Philip will turn 94 this year!" "Bald William speaks out against poaching". " Rosacea Harry meets NBA star." But the media would never patronize a male royal like that. That disrespect is saved for the women.

Maybe we should have a thread where we take headlines about Kate and do this to them :)
http://elitedaily.com/women/website-...photos/589528/

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 01-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Maybe we should have a thread where we take headlines about Kate and do this to them :)
This Is What Happens When You Remove Sexism From Tabloid Headlines (Photos)

We should. It can be called If The Media Had Integrity: Catherine's Edition.

I noticed from your link that The Daily Mail appears to be the most egregious offender. I'm not shocked in the slightest...
Old 01-15-2015, 06:11 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the Art Room visit have been moved to The Duchess of Cambridge as Royal Patron of The Art Room.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post

Great points! I totally agree with you. I think it's a part of the same sexist attitude that sees women described in terms of their reproductive status, e.g. "63 year-old grandmother run down on pedestrian crossing", "39 year-old mother of three wins prestigious award". Men are not usually defined by their status as father or the number of children/grandchildren they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
This Is What Happens When You Remove Sexism From Tabloid Headlines (Photos)
Good idea.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I created the thread: Royal Tabloid Headlines, Decoded! http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=38001

Old 01-16-2015, 07:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thrifty Kate strikes again! Six months pregnant Duchess of Cambridge steps out in 50 high street dress (no need for maternity wear)-
Thrifty Kate strikes again! Six months pregnant Duchess of Cambridge steps out in 50 high street dress (no need for maternity wear) | Daily Mail Online

British Royals @britishroyals 1h 1 hour ago
Kate meets @fosteringnet staff before joining a meeting with foster carers (via @EmmaWrightITV)
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/st...47213583822849

Fostering Network @fosteringnet 40m 40 minutes ago
Care leaver Simone tells The Duchess about her experiences in foster care
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/sta...56354088304641

Fostering Network @fosteringnet 29m 29 minutes ago
The Duchess is enjoying meeting foster carers and children at the celebration tea party
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/sta...59483479490562

Fostering Network @fosteringnet 23m 23 minutes ago
Speeches thanking The a Duchess for her attendance today
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/sta...61043181760512

Jim Bond tells The Duchess how more foster carers who can foster teenagers and disabled children are needed
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/sta...61371616755713

"you've shined a light on fostering. Thank you"
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/sta...61522628452352

Fostering Network @fosteringnet 21m 21 minutes ago
Zoe delivers a memory box to The Duchess so that she can take memories of fostering with her
https://twitter.com/fosteringnet/sta...62103334047745

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-16-2015, 08:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Thrifty Kate strikes again! Six months pregnant Duchess of Cambridge steps out in 50 high street dress (no need for maternity wear)-
Thrifty Kate strikes again! Six months pregnant Duchess of Cambridge steps out in 50 high street dress (no need for maternity wear) | Daily Mail Online
I don't understand what people have against her? I like her and I think she does a very good job.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:36 AM
Majesty

I think it's a good thing she has taken up fostering care... It's a great cause who doesn't seem to have much attention, so I hope her appearance will bring more focus...
Old 01-16-2015, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge covers baby bump as she celebrates work of fosterers | Royal | News | Daily Express
Quote:
THE Duchess of Cambridge stepped out for the second day in a row this week as she celebrated the work of foster carers and the children they look after.

Kate, who is six months pregnant, dazzled in a dark brown Hobbs coat that showed just a hint of a baby bump.

The Duchess enjoyed cupcakes and chocolate brownies as she sat with energetic youngsters at the tea party, organised by the Fostering Network, in Islington.

She spoke to foster mothers and fathers and shook hands with everyone in the room as she told them: "I've heard a huge amount about fostering, it's really great for me to have an opportunity to speak to you."
Video: Kate Middleton takes time for tea with foster carers - Telegraph
Quote:
The Duchess of Cambridge celebrated the work of foster carers and the children they look after when she joined them for a tea party.

Kate sat down to a mid morning snack of cup cakes and chocolate brownies with energetic youngsters and their foster carers as she learned about their efforts.

The Duchess, who is six months pregnant, looked stylish in a dark brown Hobbs coat that showed a hint of her baby bump.

She had travelled to Islington Council offices in north London where the organisation the Fostering Network hosted a reception to celebrate the work of their carers.

The charity states that more than 63,000 children live with over 52,500 foster families across the UK, and these youngsters have often experienced neglect and abuse or witnessed domestic violence.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

I almost wish the newspapers would split the stories up- fashion and event. The DM story leads with paragraphs of the what she is wearing and then actual stuff from the engagement. We never see so much clothing details especially the price for any other British Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Hillarious headline. The real headline, had it happened would have been Duchess of Cambridge bares baby bump as she celebrates work of fosterers.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I almost wish the newspapers would split the stories up- fashion and event. The DM story leads with paragraphs of the what she is wearing and then actual stuff from the engagement. We never see so much clothing details especially the price for any other British Royal.

That would be great! What is she doing on Monday?
Old 01-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent

There are 3 events in Kensington. One is a morning coffee group and there is a leisure center opening. I don't remember the third one.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

No, the fostering event coffee morning, the leisure center, and a school- possibly for autism were all today. What's on Monday?
Old 01-16-2015, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the clip and the article Rudolph. I hope this is a future patronage for Kate.

Closed Thread