The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 04:57 AM
Courtier

Kate and the new curly hairstyle that unravelled in the midday sunshine | Mail Online

What's the point of making her look, bad all the time??

Old 07-02-2014, 05:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
What's the point of making her look, bad all the time??
Because the Mail is poison, and has to pander to its readership, who are, well, poisonous...

Old 07-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Courtier

Kate Middleton vs Queen Letizia: Who wins the battle of royal bling? | Mail Online

Poor Kate. I have no work, and little income, but I feel more sorry for Kate getting compared all the time must be horrible!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:21 AM
Serene Highness

I just hope neither reads the newspapers...
Old 07-29-2014, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

She'll be at my town Ličge in Belgium next Monday, the 4th of August !!!
Old 07-29-2014, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

What is the reason for this ridiculous recent trend by the Mail to compare Kate with Letizia? If it were with Mary, I could perhaps just about excuse it on the grounds that they look a little similar. But Kate is not of the same rank of either Letizia or Mary. What new mischief is the publication trying to stir?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
What is the reason for this ridiculous recent trend by the Mail to compare Kate with Letizia? If it were with Mary, I could perhaps just about excuse it on the grounds that they look a little similar. But Kate is not of the same rank of either Letizia or Mary. What new mischief is the publication trying to stir?
IMO there is not even comparison!

Letizia rocks
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Serene Highness

Actually,I did see a tabloid article about Kate and Mary once...Mary was a ''bad influence'' on her apparently.

It's because courtesy of the 'Kate effect' The press has latched on to the beautiful fashionable thin commoner mother of two adorable daughters just become queen... all all media golden selling points.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-31-2014, 02:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Catherine doing what she does best; interacting with children. Thank you for sharing the link.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:10 AM
Majesty

Kate, Duchess of Cambridge picks up cut-price wardrobe for Prince George at Bicester Village | Mail Online

Kate was spotted in Bicester Village over the weekend.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

As has been said before, HP is unpredictable. One day you're feeling better and the next you can't get out of bed.

This is the first sighting of Kate since she announced her pregnancy, so she hasn't been shopping, shopping, shopping. She was obviously feeling better, hence the planned engagement for today.

She's obviously ill...I seriously doubt her doctors (and the palace) would lie about something like that. Plus what would be the point of lying? So she could get out of a few engagements? It makes no sense.
Old 10-01-2014, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

I know for me, that if I feel nauseous and have to be at appointments, I actually (I think) talk myself into more nausea. But I am able to run to the store to get soda, meds, food for the family, whatever. It's the pressure of knowing I cannot be ill that makes me feel worse - if that makes any sense.

So if I were in the DOCs shoes - I would be a complete, unschedule - able mess.

Which is not to say that I am completely sanguine about the idea that on a good day she went to the mall and looked at clothes. I understand the need to get out when you have felt ill, but there might have better choices of how to blow out the cobwebs. Just my opinion.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:34 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
wow, for kate to cancel the engagement at this point, i guess this means HG is still causing her havoc. i didn't know it could last that long, specially when being treated for a few weeks now, although they did say it gets worse in the next pregnancies...

where's the tweet of the sunday shopping spree?
HG can last most of the pregnancy, unfortunately. I've been out of work for months because of it and I regularly see my doctor to try to manage it. I'm guessing Catherine will be out of commission for awhile yet, especially with the graduated severity it tends to have.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Whilst we wait to see Catherine in public again, it might be worth preparing ourselves that her first public appearance might not be an official engagement and could simply be a stroll in the park or indeed a trip to the shops - I don't mind where it is, I just want to see her again!
Old 10-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

It is also against RF rules to be rude/other negative personal stuff about posters - so let's get back to the important stuff.

I like this post from Jacknch

Whilst we wait to see Catherine in public again, it might be worth preparing ourselves that her first public appearance might not be an official engagement and could simply be a stroll in the park or indeed a trip to the shops - I don't mind where it is, I just want to see her again!

She is unwell - and there are risks attached to this illness, but that aside, she isnt going to spring back 100% fit on a royal engagement. In my life I've been ill for weeks and it takes time to get back to normal - convalescence is needed. So walking, getting out and about is needed.

I've also thought that last time she was hospitalised; perhaps this time she should have been but maybe decided to be at home for George. Priorities do shift once children arrive.

I prefer to be postive and I hope that she is well soon.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-02-2014, 05:14 PM
Royal Highness

On the matter, I do think Kate should work more but not when she's ill. I've always found that she does too little when it comes to her events and she very rarely actually promotes her charities by showing up. I think the same goes for William. So it is no surprise to me that Harry is the most popular member of the family.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

What do you mean by: "she very rarely actually promotes her charities by showing up." What else has she missed that she should have attended in your opinion?
We also have no idea what she is doing not in public as support for her charities. And I think there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that happens.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would bet my last ham sandwich that she is very active and connected with her charities behind the scenes. Case in point that comes to mind that even when hospitalized with HG during her pregnancy with George, there was a blip somewhere (probably still in the archives here at TRF) about Kate coming up with some kind of a basket to be used in an auction for one of her charities IIRC. I'm sure too that she keeps up with and stays in communication with The Royal Foundation.

What we see with Kate doing the public visits and photo ops for the charities is only the tip of the iceberg that we're allowed to see.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-02-2014, 06:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
What do you mean by: "she very rarely actually promotes her charities by showing up." What else has she missed that she should have attended in your opinion?
We also have no idea what she is doing not in public as support for her charities. And I think there is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that happens.
That's why I said: ''promoting her charities by actually showing up.''
I don't pretend to know what she does behind the scenes for her charities as I really don't but her being a representative of the BRF, she could be more present in my opinion. She's a young, attractive woman that people want to see and perhaps listen to. I'd like to see her represent charities that aim to strenghten and futher a woman's position, health and safety in society.

She cannot be Amal Alamuddin as she is simply not educated as highly and I can understand why she doesn't have to be out there as much, but a little more would be nice imo.

Closed Thread