The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved this engagement. Interesting history and a personal interest. Just perfect.

2 pictures summed it up for me.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...2_2946519d.jpg

Just so excited at trying out the decoding - we'd all be the same.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multim...3-_718604c.jpg

Talking to the colleague that remembers her grandmother.

I wonder how Mike has felt today seeing these pictures

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I watch the terrific Bletchley Circle series on PBS and news of the role Kate's grandmother played as codebreaker is such fascinating news. This has got to be such a meaningful event for Kate and she should be very proud of how instrumental her granny was in the war effort. I'd be thrilled to the bits to visit Bletchley Park and have a go on a codebreaker machine myself.

Old 06-18-2014, 04:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-18-2014, 11:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Thanks for this!!
Old 06-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Heir Apparent

When did her grandmother die? How nice she could talk to one of her grandmothers friends
Old 06-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

She died in 2006. Her husband Peter in 2010. W&K delayed their engagement announcement by a couple of days for his funeral which William went to.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:31 AM
Serene Highness

How excited she looks to be there, talking to a friend of her grandmother's and someone that worked with her, to learn more about your family history and what happened. This is an exciting engagement for her and to try the actual machines that did the code breaking...........she looked really great, and happy. Bet here will be stories to tell at dinner tonight.............
Old 06-19-2014, 12:49 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
How excited she looks to be there, talking to a friend of her grandmother's and someone that worked with her, to learn more about your family history and what happened. This is an exciting engagement for her and to try the actual machines that did the code breaking...........she looked really great, and happy. Bet here will be stories to tell at dinner tonight.............
Also a wonderful story to tell George when he gets older.

Although honoring those who participated and those who fought and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice on D-Day is huge and I was amazed by the wonderful participation of people from around the globe, this engagement that Kate just finished reminds me that there were so many people who served in the background for the war effort that were just as important. It truly was a remarkable effort by those at home that definitely deserve recognition.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal · 58m
#royal #Kate to visit School in London to see progress of M-PACT Plus school based project to address addiction in families on July 1st

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Paul Harrison @SkyNewsRoyal · 58m
#royal #Kate to visit School in London to see progress of M-PACT Plus school based project to address addiction in families on July 1st
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 16s
The Duchess of Cambridge is to visit Blessed Sacrament School, Islington, to see the progress of the M-PACT Plus project on 1st July.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1m
Kate will meet project staff & school heads before joining a private counselling session. She launched the M-PACT Plus project in March 2013

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 1m
The Duchess of Cambridge will be joined by @JohnBishop100 on the visit to support M-PACT Plus and will hear speeches at the school after.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-23-2014, 02:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Looking forward to this.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Retweeted by British Royals
Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 51m
KP tell me today's visit is a very personal one for Kate, who devised MPACT-Plus which helps kids whose parents have drug & alcohol issues.

Pictures:
The Duchess Of Cambridge Visits An M-PACT Plus Counselling Programme-
Search - Getty Images UK: GBR: The Duchess Of Cambridge Visits An M-PACT Plus Counselling Programme

Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop-
Duchess of Cambridge looks pretty in pink as she visits London school with John Bishop | Royal | News | Daily Express

Simon Perry @SPerryPeoplemag · 34m
A four year old boy today made Princess Kate smile when she asked what his favourite part of school was: "lunchtime," he quipped back.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 16m
Lots of giggling between the Duchess of Cambridge and comedian John Bishop today at an event to publicise M-PACT Plus
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...26052646187009

Comic Relief @comicrelief · 15m
The Duchess hears about early support for children, parents and families affected by parental drug & alcohol misuse
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/stat...26360751362049

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-01-2014, 08:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Simon Perry @SPerryPeoplemag · 34m
A four year old boy today made Princess Kate smile when she asked what his favourite part of school was: "lunchtime," he quipped back.
LOL! That's my kinda guy!
Old 07-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Comic Relief @comicrelief · 5m
.@JohnBishop100 asks the press to focus on the issue & not just the style icon in the room. Or the Duchess.
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/stat...33149559525376

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 9m
HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...43108078743552

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz36DcgQxoC

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Comic Relief @comicrelief · 5m
.@JohnBishop100 asks the press to focus on the issue & not just the style icon in the room. Or the Duchess.
https://twitter.com/comicrelief/stat...33149559525376

Clarence House @ClarenceHouse · 9m
HRH gets an update on the MPACT Plus project which addresses needs of children affected by parental substance misuse
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/st...43108078743552

Curly Kate's pretty in pink! Duchess of Cambridge delights her army of flag-waving young fans during charity visit to London school
Kate Duchess of Cambridge delights school children on charity visit in pink | Mail Online
Thanks Dman for all the coverage. Standouts for me were 1. the wonderful posture of the little girl who presented the Duchess with flowers and 2. that wonderful portrait in the style of Picasso. Made me smile this morning!
Old 07-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has visited a school in North London today, to see first-hand the work of a project she launched with comedian John Bishop which helps families affected by addiction-
Home - ITNSource News

RoyalKateDebate @RoyalKateDebate · 24m
George is "racing around" according to Kate "He's so fast and I can't believe he is opening doors already."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-01-2014, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps one of our UK posters could answer my question. Quite often when a member of the BRF visits an event where children are involved they're greeted by a child and a group of flag waving students. Can a parent request that their child not be involved with a royal visit or is it required that a student participate?
Old 07-01-2014, 04:25 PM
Nobility

I think if the parents really had a problem with it they could ask that their child be excluded from the event. I can't imagine that ever happening, though. I would be very surprised if it was compulsory. It's really just a fun event for kids to wave little flags.

Just to be clear, British children are not taught to love the royals or the monarchy. I received no education about the Queen, members of the RF or the institution at all. There's no indoctrination process to make children into little monarchists.

We certainly do not do as is done in the US wherein children are expected to stand up each morning and pledge allegiance to the flag or the country. That would not happen in the UK in a million years.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Petticoat Lane for your information.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread