The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014-February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that the BBC coverage had the young university student who had been in foster care sharing a little of her own experience. With the current number of 60,000 plus children in foster care across the UK I hope that some publicity will encourage others to consider becoming guardians.
She was one of 2 receving Kate outside today, also in the briefing they had and when they said good bye and thank you she was the one who gave the memory box :)

Cupcakes and chocolate brownies hunh? My kind of snack! They looked yummy in the DM.
A real live:princess: + sugar = a recipe for hyper kids who think they are in heaven!
Bet she gets more when she visits Family Friends. Bet she won't mind! ;)
I can bet you anything she didn't take a bite :p (No, no diet humour). The royals kind of never do. They are always on the move at such events that they have eaten beforehand to be able to focus on the interacting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can bet you anything she didn't take a bite :p (No, no diet humour). The royals kind of never do. They are always on the move at such events that they have eaten beforehand to be able to focus on the interacting.

And no one wants her picture taken with a big ol' crumb of brownie hanging from her teeth!

And no one wants her picture taken with a big ol' crumb of brownie hanging from her teeth!

I imagine there's also the security issue. If the protection people can't thoroughly investigate the source of the food, it's possible it could have be poisoned or even just not have been prepared in hygenic conditions and might make her ill.

I imagine there's also the security issue. If the protection people can't thoroughly investigate the source of the food, it's possible it could have be poisoned or even just not have been prepared in hygenic conditions and might make her ill.
True, I didn't even think that far. It looked like Emma (her RPO) was a little closer at times today than usual. The security might be heightened because of the general terror threats at the moment.

Can you imagine? Being a constant possible terrorist target? Bad enough not knowing if you're gonna be hit by a bus today. Even worse knowing that there could be bus drivers out there wanting to run you down...

Jan.19 UK: Catherine Dss of Cambridge attends a coffee morning @ Family Friends Kensington (a voluntary organization providing befriending + mentoring services to families in deprived areas of the borough) [meets volunteers & gets an overview of the organization's work supporting vulnerable families]
Jan.19 UK: Catherine Dss of Cambridge formally opens the new school of Kensington Aldridge Academy
Jan.19 UK: Catherine Dss of Cambridge formally opens the new leisure centre of Kensington Leisure Centre
(information from the Royal Calendar)

All the reasons mentioned+ not wanting to take a potty break.;)
I was talking more about the kids than the Duchess eating.

There's a twitter rumor that they put Kate in the hospital yesterday and she is about to give birth. Surely it's too soon? Has anyone heard anything about this?

There's a twitter rumor that they put Kate in the hospital yesterday and she is about to give birth. Surely it's too soon? Has anyone heard anything about this?
I have not heard this at all. Probably not at all true. It is technically possible since she is over 27 weeks but highly unlikely. The source?

Don't believe everything on Twitter. It will be announced that she in the hospital and in labor just like it was with George. Too many people would know if a royal is in a hospital so they don't even to try to keep it secret.

The more believable Twitter rumor is that W, K & G plus Pippa were spotted leaving London for Buckleberry yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Just a reminder that we don't encourage rumour-based discussion at TRF - especially in this day and age of social media. If you are quoting something off of Twitter, think about whether the source is reliable.

It is highly unlikely that Kate would be in hospital without an announcement being made shortly after. Further posts on this will be removed.

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 23 mins 23 minutes ago
HRH will then formally open @KAA_Intrepidus Kensington Aldridge Academy and Kensington Leisure Centre @RBKC

Kensington Palace @KensingtonRoyal · 25 mins 25 minutes ago
The Duchess of Cambridge has a day of local engagements tomorrow starting with meeting families and volunteers @Family_Friends1

Royal visit at KAA | Kensington Aldridge Academy
Kensington Aldridge Academy are pleased to announce that Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge is to attend the official opening of the school on Monday 19th January.

The Duchess will meet students, staff, governors and partners during a tour of the academy on this very exciting occasion. She will join some lessons, spend some time with students in the library and talk to the young entrepreneurs working in the Kensington Creates hub. Our staff and students will have a wonderful opportunity to showcase the quality of learning and incredible creativity that takes place every day in our amazing facilities. The royal visit will culminate in the unveiling of a plaque commemorating the formal opening of KAA.

The Duchess is also scheduled to open the neighbouring Kensington Leisure Centre, which replaces the former building where her husband Prince William and brother-in-law Prince Harry had swimming lessons at school. Once open in March 2015 Kensington Leisure Centre will host swimming lessons for our own KAA students.

Last edited by a moderator:
Video: Shy toddler bottles out of giving Duchess of Cambridge flowers - Telegraph
He had spent all weekend practising for his big moment presenting a bouquet to the Duchess of Cambridge, but when two-year-old Ryan Dixon came face to face with the Royal guest, he had a sudden attack of shyness.

The normally boisterous toddler took one look at the Duchess, said “no no, Mummy, no Mummy,” and did his best to run away.

The Duchess laughed off the rare snub, telling Ryan: “I would be shy as well.”

It was left to Ryan’s mother, Tracy Samuels, to sheepishly present the Duchess with the bouquet of white lilacs and nistercians as her son buried his face in the folds of her clothes.

The Duchess had been attending a coffee morning in west London with volunteers and beneficiaries of the charity Family Friends, which provides year-long mentoring programmes for vulnerable families that are struggling to cope.

Video:
The Duchess of Cambridge has visited the ‘Family and Friends’ charity in west London today, meeting staff and volunteers who offer support and mentoring to those in need. However, meeting the 33 year old royal proved too much for one little boy, who was called upon to present Her Royal Highness with a posy of flowers. Two year old Ryan Dixon was led towards the Duchess by his mother Tracy Samuels, 36, but insisted on hiding behind her legs instead after nerves got the better of him-

Home - ITNSource News

I wonder if the 2 charity visits were sort of a try out for a future Kate patronage.

She did an event with Place 2 Be before she became patron. These 2 charity would fit well with the others and continue the kids mental health work.

"Daily Mail": Is it boy number two for Kate? The Duchess of Cambridge steps out in baby blue for morning with volunteers in London

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal The Duchess of Cambridge meets staff @KAA_Intrepidus https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7tW6T6CUAEg7_N.jpg

First- Love the first photo. No words. I cried. Love the rubber duck float- Wills and George are going to have a ball with that in the bathtub and pool. Nanny and Kate will have their hands full!
Love the photos at KAA. The Duchess is always best with children. And the woman's smile...

Second- Great photo.

I wonder if the 2 charity visits were sort of a try out for a future Kate patronage.

She did an event with Place 2 Be before she became patron. These 2 charity would fit well with the others and continue the kids mental health work.

Here is a link to the charity that Catherine visited today - I hope that she becomes a patron of it and other, smaller charities like it.

Family Friends

Here is a link to the charity that Catherine visited today - I hope that she becomes a patron of it and other, smaller charities like it.

Family Friends

The nice thing about taking on smaller charities that focus on a certain aspect of society like children, is that if it becomes umbrella'ed under the Royal Foundation, there is a better chance for interaction and events between them (such as Place2Be and the Art Room) and gain even more acknowledgement and donations.

The nice thing about taking on smaller charities that focus on a certain aspect of society like children, is that if it becomes umbrella'ed under the Royal Foundation, there is a better chance for interaction and events between them (such as Place2Be and the Art Room) and gain even more acknowledgement and donations.

It's the Royal Charities Forum which meets twice a year that brings together all of W&K&H's charities to help them learn from each other and interact. The charities themselves don't become part of the Royal Foundation.

In the article: Is it a boy, Why speculate whether Catherine is having a son because of the blue of her coat?
What would reporters think if her dress was pink and blue striped?

I'm with you!
Maybe that she was having twins- one of each?

I saw a caption on a photo from the DM that said the baby was due on April 20. Which is bizarre since they never said a date just April.

I saw a caption on a photo from the DM that said the baby was due on April 20. Which is bizarre since they never said a date just April.

There was an article in the Times at the weekend where a journo compared herself (size wise) against Catherine and they used 20 April. The article was rather bitchy IMO basically saying that HRH was the odd one out compared to "normal mums" As I dont think there is "normal" in pregnancy, I thought this rather silly.

I dont read the DM but perhaps this article was lifted from the Times. Happens a lot.

Considering she was probably about 13 weeks when they announced the due month or April... especially since they were spotted leaving a doctors appt 10 15 2014 I think they are at least a week off...lol all these lame headlines ....how stupid and the same with with hello magazine for this weeks cover...it just makes all those journalist look stupid.

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

Same thing happened when she was carrying George, if she wore blue, it meant a boy. So nothing new here.

However from her comments about the baby always moving, and we know George is very busy, I think Will and Kate are really in for it in a couple of years. :D :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

In the article: Is it a boy, Why speculate whether Catherine is having a son because of the blue of her coat?
What would reporters think if her dress was pink and blue striped?
TWIIINNNS!!!!!

They did it with her due date with George too . Invented a due date and then all journalists and media copied it from each other like it was a real royal announcement.

so pics of kate from over the weekend and i can guess who took them...just take a look at the comment on niraj tanna's twitter. saying at least there was no car crashes into to walls last weekend...and then a happy face.

like seriously what is wrong with that guy...there is nothing remotely funny about that...he needs to go and get him self a respected job and not stalkinng people...bc lets be real thats what he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom