The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
catherine really look good! Really I think she will show her baby bump in a ofiicial event, go to shopping in london is a priate act. may be we can see the aby bump ery soon.

You are so right. With HG you just can"t predict. With my 2nd child, I was feeling good enough to invite family for Thanksgiving dinner and then ended up in the hospital. My sister-in-law had to cook the turkey. In hindsight, I should never have made such big plans. Ar that time I was in my sixth month.

Most likely her official engagements will start up this month.

Molly2101, I think people just have to remain patient. When she get the time, Catherine run a few errands. It's not about laying around and being lazy, as some folks like to paint it. She's obviously feeling better but we all know that pregnant women have their good days and their bad days.

Also, Catherine isn't a fulltime member of the royal family yet. I think some of the royal watchers and even some of the royal correspondents have grown a bit frustrated with the young non-fulltime members of the royal family.

You are so right. With HG you just can"t predict. With my 2nd child, I was feeling good enough to invite family for Thanksgiving dinner and then ended up in the hospital. My sister-in-law had to cook the turkey. In hindsight, I should never have made such big plans. Ar that time I was in my sixth month.

I had HG until I gave birth! Everyday was a suprise. Usually a bad surprise

It's been pointed out many times on this thread that there's a very big difference between the two. Her nausea probably comes in waves- she probably IS fine sometimes and then very sick on other days, and it's probably fairly unpredictable. She can go shopping or grab lunch with her parents with no prior planning- if she wakes up feeling ok that day, she can go for it.

Planning an official engagement is a lot of work. She can't just show up on the day when she's feeling well- it has to be planned in advance, lots of security set up, lots of people looking forward to seeing her. What if that's one of her bad days? She'd be disappointing a lot of people and causing a lot of hassle.

I'm sure her team is aware of this. I also think that cutting her some slack during her pregnancy would be kind.

I wholly agree with you and understand, but what I was saying is that it is images like this that then give the public the image of her as "lazy" as she is out and about spending money, but not doing engagements. I am only saying what a lot of the public think.

I am sure we will see her doing work soon, and we know she isn't a "full time member" as yet. That adds to the whole "well, what does she do all day then?" I love Kate, do not get me wrong, but I am now beginning to see why the public view her as lazy.

I don't get the lazy remarks. She's not a full time royal yet, so it stands to reason that she won't be taking on the same amount of engagements as a full time royal. Plus, its not like she's been shopping every day. We've actually only seen her out and about a few times since the December pregnancy announcement - and the majority of those times have been in the last week or so.

Since she's feeling better (and is returning to public duties later this month), then it makes sense that we see her resume normal activities.

Last edited:
I wholly agree with you and understand, but what I was saying is that it is images like this that then give the public the image of her as "lazy" as she is out and about spending money, but not doing engagements. I am only saying what a lot of the public think.

I am sure we will see her doing work soon, and we know she isn't a "full time member" as yet. That adds to the whole "well, what does she do all day then?" I love Kate, do not get me wrong, but I am now beginning to see why the public view her as lazy.

She has private engagements.

I wholly agree with you and understand, but what I was saying is that it is images like this that then give the public the image of her as "lazy" as she is out and about spending money, but not doing engagements. I am only saying what a lot of the public think..

I imagine that must be frustrating too- Kate does not have access to any public money at all. The only public money spent on her is for her security, which she doesn't have a choice about.

Any money she's spending is private.

How many times will you use the "full time royal" excuse and "she does it in private"? All she needs is to dedicate time to her 4 charities, not become patron of more charities that will have to cancel more events because they get almost nothing from her. No one expects to see her working evey day from 10 to 5. Only do what is expected, because if this woman really thinks she will be able to fulfil HM´s role and the amount of engagements and hours she dedicates to her duties when she´s old, she better start doing it when she´s young. Or she will be in big trouble. The role of duchess is already big for her.

I imagine that must be frustrating too- Kate does not have access to any public money at all. The only public money spent on her is for her security, which she doesn't have a choice about.

Any money she's spending is private.

NO, they live off the duchy of Cornwall. That is hardly private money. That is why people are complaining. They are paying for her luxury life without her doing enough in return.

I thought her Primary job responsibility was producing an heir? Isn't she activity meeting that requirement? I don't presume to know what she is feeling while fulfilling this task. No number of events would be in her favor at this time. Too many to some, too few to others.

All I'm getting from this is "how dare she shop for maternity clothes and how dare she goes to the drugstore" :ermm:

No one is making excuses about the Duchess's engagements. It's pretty much a fact that the Cambridge's aren't fulltime royals at the moment. We are still waiting for an announcement on what they will do, stay in the military or become fulltime royals.

We all know that members of the royal family work pretty hard behind the scenes as well. Just because you don't sere them all the time, don't mean they are being lazy and playing checkers all day.

Like many members of the royal family, Catherine is in constant contact with her charities and when it's time for her to make an official visit, she makes it.

Also, there's no proof that the event at EACH was canclled because they didn't receive any help from their Royal Patron.

NO, they live off the duchy of Cornwall. That is hardly private money. That is why people are complaining. They are paying for her luxury life without her doing enough in return.

The duchy of Cornwall does not belong to the public nor do the taxpayers contribute to it.

I thought her Primary job responsibility was producing an heir?

Seriously?! Remind me what century we're in?

All I'm getting from this is "how dare she shop for maternity clothes and how dare she goes to the drugstore" :ermm:

Exactly where are you getting that from?

Catherine can shop all she likes, except she seems well enough to shop on an almost weekly basis, and yet we haven't seen her for more than an hour doing her 'job'. From what people tell me HG 'comes' in waves, that's fair enough. But it LOOKS like, Catherine is just spending time when she's well, out shopping. She's supposedly taking on more patronages, more charity roles, why exactly? Apparently we're not going to see her until at least months after the baby is born?

I get that Catherine is a pregnant woman with an apparently on going illness, but there's got to be something, some kind of give in this.

The duchy of Cornwall does not belong to the public nor do the taxpayers contribute to it.

Don't believe that for a second. I agree it doesn't belong to the public, but with everything the Duchy encompasses, the taxpayers money goes into it someone. Whether it be by tax or other means.

Last edited:

Well it is certainly not public money. The Duchy of Cornwall provides the income of the heir apparent and he pays income tax on said income. The Duchy is not funded by the tax payers at all so they can hardly complain about the Duchess spending private funds as she sees fit.

Catherine can shop all she likes, except she seems well enough to shop on an almost weekly basis, and yet we haven't seen her for more than an hour doing her 'job'. From what people tell me HG 'comes' in waves, that's fair enough. But it LOOKS like, Catherine is just spending time when she's well, out shopping. She's supposedly taking on more patronages, more charity roles, why exactly? Apparently we're not going to see her until at least months after the baby is born?

I get that Catherine is a pregnant woman with an apparently on going illness, but there's got to be something, some kind of give in this.

I do have to agree with your point of view. No one's denying that the Duchess is suffering bouts of severe morning sickness, but when she's feeling well it would be nice to see her engaging in her charities a bit more often. These photos and reports of her shopping, while she's entitled to do so, are just leaving a bad feeling in my mind. I've heard reports that there's a terminally ill cancer patient, a young woman of 21, who has it on her bucket list to meet the Duchess before she dies. It would be lovely if a visit at Kensington Palace could be arranged before it's too late for this young lady.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something, but since the pregnancy annoncement, I haven't seen pictures of her out shopping on a weekly basis. I have seen a number of photos over the last few weeks, but the Palace has also stated that she's returned to work and is meeting with her advisors/charities daily

Where are you getting that we won't see her until after the baby is born? She's supposed to be back to duties this month and will be doing about 2 engagements per month.

If she's up to it, The Duchess of Cambridge will most likely be doing official engagements.

I just hope people will get off her back and allow her some time off when the baby is born. Not expecting her to perform 100 official engagements the first or second day after she take her baby home. We know how testy the media can get. Hopefully the coverage and pictures of the couple leaving the hospital will be enough for the media to milk and stretch.

Last edited:
If she's up to it, The Duchess of Cambridge will most likely be doing official engagements.

I just hope people will get off her back and allow her some time off when the baby is born. Not expecting her to perform 100 official engagements the first or second day after she take her baby home.

I hope she takes the exact same maternity leave that every other British woman is entitled to.

You got to love it when it comes to Kate. She was spotted 2 days last week shopping for clothes and people act like she's been shopping for clothes every weeks since the day she announce her pregnancy. :lol:

I hope she takes the exact same maternity leave that every other British woman is entitled to.

You know people are going to say "how dare she not get back to work five minutes after she gave birth"

Last edited by a moderator:

So she can have a year off then ....

But no doubt with a maternity nurse , 24/6 ...and a stand in for the seventh day . Like all the other women in kensington ..lol.

You know people are going to say "how dare she not get back to work five minutes after she gave birth"

Those people will probably complain that the birth was not broadcast live in TV and that she didnt have an updo & jewels while pushing out the baby and that she should at the very least have been conducting a conference call with her charities in between labour pains, and that they did not like the colour or fit of the hospital gowns.:bang:

How many times will you use the "full time royal" excuse and "she does it in private"? All she needs is to dedicate time to her 4 charities, not become patron of more charities that will have to cancel more events because they get almost nothing from her. No one expects to see her working evey day from 10 to 5. Only do what is expected, because if this woman really thinks she will be able to fulfil HM´s role and the amount of engagements and hours she dedicates to her duties when she´s old, she better start doing it when she´s young. Or she will be in big trouble. The role of duchess is already big for her.

I'm repeat an earlier post cos this is just daft. Catherine's on going contact with her charities

Creative Kate is a queen of arts | Columnists | Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

ITs not an excuse, its real.

I think tiara and jewels during delivery is OTT, though, as well as live TV coverage and conference calls.:flowers:

No doubt, but there are people on these forums who seem to believe she should never leave the house without an updo and as many jewels as possible and that the public have the right to know what she is doing 24/7 so a broadcast birth would fit in with those beliefs.

Well, I personally would like to see her in an updo more often and wearing some more jewels at the appropriate events, and while I give my opinion on the fashion threads I don't make a fuss about it if she doesn't. And I certainly don't expect streaming live video of All Catherine, All The Time! That would be exceedingly boring, and I couldn't wear my own tiaras and jewels if I never left the house while watching her brush her teeth. ;) And as far as a broadcast birth, I'd only want to watch it if it's a tiara occasion for Catherine. After all, the future heir to the throne could be a girl so maybe it's not OTT after all! :lol:

Last edited:
Personally I think she's doing exactly what she should be doing. She's not exactly the type to send out royal summons and have merchandisers cart their wares over to the royal residence where she muses through them and decides and orders. For all we know, she could be shopping for comfortable clothing to wear on upcoming future engagements while she's out visiting her OB/GYN. She is going to need a maternity wardrobe between now and July methinks.

Its been announced she's back working with her advisors/charities and most likely there will be upcoming announcements of future engagements. She's not going to appear in a potato sack and most likely her before pregnancy clothes aren't too comfortable for her to wear now.

I'll start complaining if and when the Firm does.

Some people have it in for Catherine and nothing she does will ever be good enough. Some others seem to have an impaired memory and are unable to learn and absorb what others say about HG. When they make dumb comments, it reflects badly on themselves. Thank goodness for the ignore button.

Though I didn't suffer from HG, I had morning sickness till about the stage Catherine is at and it would wane and wane but show up unexpectedly. Thankfully, she seems well enough to be resuming normal activites.
Performing a "high profile" job in the public eye is a lot different than the rest of us who can get by, slumping at our desks sometimes:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom