The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why that is. When prince Willem-Alexander and princess Maxima were visiting this area with their children a few years ago they were more than happy to pose for photo's with people. They however asked people not to officially publish them and no one did. There is a photo of them in the restaurant they were in though...

I can see your point of view but I put myself in Kate's place and I wouldn't like to have to take pictures with people I don't know everytime I go shopping or even for a walk at Kensington Gardens:flowers: Despite being a member of the RF she deserves some time for herself and if she allowed it one time she'd have to repeat it.

Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima are a really nice couple indeed:flowers:

Indeed. If I had a photo like this, I think that I'd treasure it privately and share it with only close friends and in person.

The public seem to be just as intrusive as the paparazzi they complain about. We have turned into a nation of paps.

Indeed. If I had a photo like this, I think that I'd treasure it privately and share it with only close friends and in person.

I totally agree! It wouldn't be something for public consumption, it would be something special just for me that I could show to close friends and family when they come over.

I would definitely not sell a pic I took of Kate, William, Maxima or Barack Obama! It would be something f private for me. Now I'm not saying I wouldn't carry it around with me all over the place. :)

I would definitely not sell a pic I took of Kate, William, Maxima or Barack Obama! It would be something f private for me. Now I'm not saying I wouldn't carry it around with me all over the place. :)

LOL...a picture would totally come with me wherever I go!!!

Me too
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And I'd only share it with family and friends of course

TBH, if I bumped into Kate at the local deli or something, I'd smile, say hello and keep on with my business. As much as I do admire and like the royals and love being here on TRF, they are just people like you and I are. I'm odd in that I can't think of one person other than family and friends I'd carry a photo of around with me. Color me odd.

I think it's great that despite her being married to the second in line to the throne, third lady of the land and future Queen, Catherine is still able to go to the store, go grocery shopping, etc. I know many members of the media and royal watchers thought she wouldn't be able to do that once she married into the royal family.

I think it's important to allow her have some downtime without having to be bothered with people wanting to take pictures. It's nice if she pose for a picture with a fan but I personally wouldn't bother her or any other member of the royal family on their downtime. To me, a nice hello Your Royal Highness would do.

I think it's great that despite her being married to the second in line to the throne, third lady of the land and future Queen, Catherine is still able to go to the store, go grocery shopping, etc. I know many members of the media and royal watchers thought she wouldn't be able to do that once she married into the royal family.

I think it's important to allow her have some downtime without having to be bothered with people wanting to take pictures. It's nice if she pose for a picture with a fan but I personally wouldn't bother her or any other member of the royal family on their downtime. To me, a nice hello Your Royal Highness would do.

Obviously I'd do the same. If I had the chance to see her while out and about I wouldn't bother her asking her for a picture.

As I said before she refuses to do that unless she's on her offical engagements, so no chances :)

Well, the royals do the autograph thing once in a blue moon. Charles & Camilla everyone and then they will sign someone's basketball, t-shirt or whatever. Diana used to do it once in awhile, especially when it came to children.

Last edited:
And I for one am glad they don't. Imagine the bidding on EBay for an Ascot betting ticket signed by Catherine Wales! Gack. :eek:

Catherine Wales...I don't think she gets to have that name, does she? I noticed that their court petition in France read Mrs. Katherine Middleton and Mr. William Mountbatten-Wales...weird.

I once watched footage of William attending a film premiere where I heard him say to the crowd, shouting for his autograph, that he was sorry but "no autographs". Most people were OK with that but I laughed when a dude who had his hand outstretched with pen and paper, seemed to be frozen with a very offended expression on his face. He was no kid, probably in his 30s but clearly the news was a shock to him.:scream:

Catherine Wales...I don't think she gets to have that name, does she? I noticed that their court petition in France read Mrs. Katherine Middleton and Mr. William Mountbatten-Wales...weird.

I think there was a reason why the French used their maiden names. William is no longer Prince William of Wales. Now it's TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge.

I think there was a reason why the French used their maiden names. William is no longer Prince William of Wales. Now it's TRH The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge.

Catherine Wales is what she called herself inside the Surf Shop in Wales. The poor clerk did not recognize her at all - and asked her for her name for the sales ticket. That was her reply. :flowers:

Ooops my bad - it was Mrs. Cambridge. Kate Middleton: 'Yes I'm Mrs Cambridge' Duchess goes unrecognised in Welsh watersports store | Mail Online

Last edited:

Technically, her last name (when needed) would be Mountbatten-Windsor. If she is able to retain her last name, though, in combination with her married name (as we can in the U.S.), she would be Mrs. Catherine Middleton Mountbatten-Windsor. When in combination with her husband, she would be as above. (I'm pretty sure.:lol:) But didn't she use the last name "Cambridge" several months ago in a small shop in Anglesey?

Last edited:
I once watched footage of William attending a film premiere where I heard him say to the crowd, shouting for his autograph, that he was sorry but "no autographs". Most people were OK with that but I laughed when a dude who had his hand outstretched with pen and paper, seemed to be frozen with a very offended expression on his face. He was no kid, probably in his 30s but clearly the news was a shock to him.:scream:

Yeah, the royals only do signatures on official and other special occasions.

Mountbatten-Wales? I thought Charles and descendants last name would remain Windsor and the Queen others children would be Mountbatten-Windsor?

Catherine Wales is what she called herself inside the Surf Shop in Wales. The poor clerk did not recognize her at all - and asked her for her name for the sales ticket. That was her reply. :flowers:

IIRC, she told the clerk her name was Mrs. Cambridge. Must have made her feel good that there are some places she can go where she's not fawned all over and made a fuss of. :D

Mountbatten-Wales? I thought Charles and descendants last name would remain Windsor and the Queen others children would be Mountbatten-Windsor?

It's my understanding that the Queen's children/grandchildren use the surname Mountbatten- Windsor when a surname is needed (like school or work etc), but sometimes they use their titles as their surnames, for example, when he was working in showbiz, Prince Edward used the name 'Edward Wessex.' I've never heard of the surname 'Mountbatten- Wales' before, it sounds quite nice, though.

Zara and Peter Philips are the Queen's only grandchildren who don't hold the surname Mountbatten- Windsor because their father's surname is different (Philips), and we usually use our father's surname as our surname.

Technically, her last name (when needed) would be Mountbatten-Wales. If she is able to retain her last name, though, in combination with her married name (as we can in the U.S.), she would be Mrs. Catherine Middleton Mountbatten-Wales. When in combination with her husband, she would be as above. (I'm pretty sure.:lol:) But didn't she use the last name "Cambridge" several months ago in a small shop in Anglesey?

This is incorrect. Wales does not appear in her name at all, as it is not the territorial designation associated with her husband's ducal title. If William had no title, his last name as a male line descendant of Elizabeth and Phillip would be Mountbatten-Windsor.

However, as he was given a dukedom on his wedding day, the Cambridges can use that as a last name where one is necessary.

Prince William used Wales as his last name before he became Duke of Cambridge, though for all intents and purposes, he has no legal last name.

No! you are wrong:flowers:

She called herself Mrs Cambridge inside the Surf Shop in Wales, not Catherine Wales.

Last edited:
No! you are wrong:flowers:

She called herself Mrs Cambridge inside the Surf Shop in Wales, not Catherine Wales.

Yes - YOu are right and I made an edit to fix it. I added the link to the article if anyone wants to read it.

Actually it read, William Arthur Philip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor and Catherine Elizabeth Middleton. No Wales in sight.

Technically, her last name (when needed) would be Mountbatten-Wales.

When needed her surname is Mounbatten-Windsor.

Last edited:
I think it may take some time for everyone to catch on that William is no longer Prince William of Wales because he now have his own Dukedom. Catherine is now Mrs. Cambridge not Mrs. Catherine Wales.

True, Catherine is now officially a Windsor.

I think it may take some time for everyone to catch on that William is no longer Prince William of Wales because he now have his own Dukedom. Catherine is now Mrs. Cambridge not Mrs. Catherine Wales.

True, Catherine is now officially a Windsor.
She is not Mrs she is a HRH. Prince William is still Prince William of Wales is just he has a dukedom attached. :flowers:

She is not Mrs she is a HRH. Prince William is still Prince William of Wales is just he has a dukedom attached. :flowers:

I know she's an HRH but I'm just pointing out that she the Mrs Cambridge now. William stopped being Prince William of Wales on April 29th 2011. His full title is now 'His Royal Highness Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, Baron Carrickfergus.'

Prince William is still Prince William of Wales is just he has a dukedom attached. :flowers:

He is, in the fact he's the son of the Prince of Wales, but he is not Prince William of Wales anymore he is The Duke of Cambridge. Wales is nowhere in his title since he married nor will it be unless he becomes Prince of Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom