The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UKCambridgeDuchess300x215-1.png

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duchess of Cambridge
current events thread #3

commencing 5 January 2013

The previous current events thread for the Duchess of Cambridge can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rent-events-2-1-february-2012-a-32547-96.html .

Topics related to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be found in the royal wedding subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me start this new thread by saying it is hard to post anything in a Current Events Thread about a person whom we are not currently seeing or hearing anything. It just lends itself to speculation. Here's my best effort. Dear Catherine, we hope your tummy feels calm tonight! :)

Lol - and that you don't need a food run to the nearest store for cheese crackers to settle your tummy!

Let me start this new thread by saying it is hard to post anything in a Current Events Thread about a person whom we are not currently seeing or hearing anything. It just lends itself to speculation. Here's my best effort. Dear Catherine, we hope your tummy feels calm tonight! :)

:previous:

As it is about midnight in the U.K, and Kate's in her first trimester, I'm convinced she's currently asleep. Or eating. We could fill the entire current events thread with the following;

Sleeping
Eating
Reading baby books
Reading baby name books and then BRF trees
Going to the doctor
Getting weepy
Surfing the internet for pregnancy information
Looking at baby decor, baby items and clothing
Registering under a fake name
Asking Will is she's getting fat, and then getting more weepy.....

I hear she's been craving lavender biscuits and clotted cream, so I'd say the tummy is feeling much better. I know my tummy would enjoy some of that.

I'm glad that's the case, if the article is true.

I hope she has a lovely day. I just visited Party Pieces site to see if there was any obvious theme there for the celebration. There is not yet a "Mummy to be Birthday Party." ;)

This doesn't mention when (never mind if) this happened but if it is true, it wouldn't have happened recently. Imagine, organising a ball, getting in a celebrity caterer and tasting the food only 7 days before it happens. I'd say November.

I used to think the Waleses and Cambridges would attend the major charity and gala events for the Prince's Trust. I do miss the big concerts that used to be put on to benefit the Trust.

I used to think the Waleses and Cambridges would attend the major charity and gala events for the Prince's Trust. I do miss the big concerts that used to be put on to benefit the Trust.
I agree with you:flowers:it would be nice to see them attending these events

They changed the Unicorn into a goat??? Why?? What is the symbolism behind a goat?

Edit: by the looks of it it seems more like a hind. Apparently the meaning behind the hind is as follows: Peace and harmony.

http://www.fleurdelis.com/symbolism_GHIJK.htm#Helmet

Still don't understand why they changed it though...

Last edited:
IT seems it was changed....
https://twitter.com/royal_beans/status/288010362882752512

Can those who know more about these things chime in.... Is it because she is now a mother? Or mother of future monarch?

The main differences between the two are 1; the animal on the left has changed 2; the white neck attachment with the red scallop has disappeared, 3; the coronet around the animals neck has changed.

Their website has this article from the day in question; Coat of Arms

The reason seems to be it is now more personal to the couple, rather than a sense of randomness.

They changed the Unicorn into a goat??? Why?? What is the symbolism behind a goat?

Edit: by the looks of it it seems more like a hind. Apparently the meaning behind the hind is as follows: Peace and harmony.

http://www.fleurdelis.com/symbolism_GHIJK.htm#Helmet

Still don't understand why they changed it though...

As you say it's a hind, a female deer. Might be more female than a unicorn.

Last edited:
It is a hind (deer)

Its official here is the page from their website

Coat of Arms

Reason given on their webiste

"It is customary for individual versions of the Royal Arms with the Royal Supporters to be assigned by Royal Warrant to members of the Royal Family and for wives of members of the Royal Family to be granted one of their husband’s Supporters and one relating to themselves. The Supporter assigned to The Duchess of Cambridge is a white hind, which has had continuing Royal connections in England since the 14th Century. The lion is the Supporter of The Duke of Cambridge’s Coat of Arms"

I like that it is personal to the Duchess.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes the hind is Kate's personal supporter. Maybe she did not have a personal supporter until now and therefore in the previous version both of Prince William's supporters (lion and unicorn) were used. At least that is my assumption.

This is in the wrong thread, but I'm interested as to why you think a woman sovereign will never have the status of a male one when the current Queen completely and utterly shatters that view point?

Oh and Sweden isn't the only one with it's Queens only Spain, the UK and Monaco left to change it's primogeniture laws in Europe.

Camilla Tominey@CamillaTominey
So the Duchess of Cambridge turns 30-fun today...Kate will be back, in a manner of speaking, on Friday... watch this space

Camilla Tominey also tweeted it would be something original

These tweets started speculation that Kate's first portrait will be revealed on Friday.

Camilla Tominey@CamillaTominey
So the Duchess of Cambridge turns 30-fun today...Kate will be back, in a manner of speaking, on Friday... watch this space

Camilla Tominey also tweeted it would be something original

These tweets started speculation that Kate's first portrait will be revealed on Friday.

Thanks for the heads up

I'm not sure whether this is the right thread but the Huffington post has done a slideshow of 160 pix of Catherine covering school at St Andrew's right through to current times. It's based on her style but it includes a lovely range of pix, some I'd not seen before.

Mods - if this is the wrong thread, could you move please?

Kate Middleton's Style Evolution: From Uggs To Nude Pumps (PHOTOS)

From Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor: "William understood to have travelled to from his base in Wales to spend time with Kate on her birthday in London." (with thanks to the lovely Julie)

From Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor: "William understood to have travelled to from his base in Wales to spend time with Kate on her birthday in London." (with thanks to the lovely Julie)

Ahhh.. there's no place like home after a long shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom