The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a change of scenery for Kate to say the least - Mustique to Grimsby!

Interesting that Kate is visiting Prince's Trust projects in Lincolnshire. Maybe she'll be the one to take it on when Charles becomes King?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Prince's Trust merges with William, Harry and Catherine's charity foundation when Charles becomes King.

It might also be a good reason that until Charles is King, we won't see them add a large amount of their own charities and patronages to their foundation as they may be anticipating a huge growth once they do merge.

Just something to think about.

I think that once Charles becomes King, the Prince's Trust will come under the umbrella of the Royal Foundation

Well, has mentioned in interviews that he's still trying to figure out what will hapeen to the trust once he come to the throne.

Been told we've got quite a few engagements to look fwd to in the coming weeks starting tomorrow. I'm a bit rusty haven't done any updates in a while but I'll get on it now see if I can get any times for tomorrow. I do know it's in the morning

RT @ActionAddiction: Our patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, is visiting #HopeHouse tomorrow AM

from yesterday:
phil dampier ‏@phildampier #kate Kate has been spotted in London supermarket, Pippa in ski resort with new boyfriend after r eturning from Mustique holidays.

Heather84a ‏@Heather84A Kate spotted heading into BP this afternoon, lunchtime or tea with Granny perhaps? That's the story I'm going with.... :)

Last edited:
Clarence House@ClarenceHouse
The Duchess of Cambridge to visit Grimsby on Tuesday 5th March - the Fishing Heritage Centre, Humberside Fire and Rescue & Havelock Academy

Link
North East Lincolnshire Council

Sights and smells form part of the museum displays? I hope the Duchess is nothing like I was with my 4 pregnancies.....walking past a fish mongers' window was enough for me to lose my breakfast. This lasted until 20weeks with the first.....could be unpleasant for her hosts.

its a heritage centre, not a fish market

Been told we've got quite a few engagements to look fwd to in the coming weeks starting tomorrow. I'm a bit rusty haven't done any updates in a while but I'll get on it now see if I can get any times for tomorrow. I do know it's in the morning

RT @ActionAddiction: Our patron, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, is visiting #HopeHouse tomorrow AM

No times will be released for any engagements for security reasons.

The link describing the heritage centre talks about visitors being able to "experience" the sights, sounds and smells of 1950s trawler families lives through interactive displays...

Presumably Kate's not bothered by the smell of fish. You can't go to Grimsby, previously the busiest fishing port on the planet, without paying homage to that past. I'd be very surprised that her staff would schedule this visit if it was going to make her ill.

:previous:

When she visits she will be close to 5 months! Goodness me how times flying. :ohmy:

I know the time of her engagement tomorrow.
:whistling:but I can't reveal for security reasons

I've got a friend who will be there and she will see Kate :) I'm so happy for her!

I know the time of her engagement tomorrow.
:whistling:but I can't reveal for security reasons

I've got a friend who will be there and she will see Kate :) I'm so happy for her!
That's great that your friend will be there. Hope she has a good time and hopefully your friend gets lucky and Kate stops and meets the crowd :flowers:

Well I don't think they ever do(officially) but sometimes I have found(online) approx timings kinda like the Jubilee tour in September. All I know so far is it's a morning engagement. I have read there will be full blown coverage for this one both inside and outside.

Last edited:
OMG, The Kate Madonna is about to appear, and looking pregnant no less. Palpitations, cease!

:previous: Don't be too sure. I was not in maternity clothes until I was six months pregnant, not everyone "blossoms". Of course IF she is not, there will be people again complaining about her weight. :ermm:

Even if she does pop, she could hide it with something like her cloak.

Even if she does pop, she could hide it with something like her cloak.

I had the pleasure of staring at the bikini-clad mother to be as I stood on the checkout line buying bread and milk. Sistah's poppin'. Looks just right for four months, little bulge but not yet up to her naval. ;)

GracieGriraffe, your signature is very good.

Other: Mantel's awful teeth! She is plastik monster! :mad:
leave her (Dss Catherine) alone!

Duchess Catherine not first women, who is pregnant. (press article)

I wonder if The Duchess of Cambridge will present shamrocks to The Irish Guards next month?

I wonder if The Duchess of Cambridge will present shamrocks to The Irish Guards next month?

William should do it, Catherine only filled in as William was in the Falklands. Also The Irish Guards are due to be deployed this year.

Oh, I didn't know they were deployed. I think Catherine should continue presenting shamrocks to the regiment on St. Patrick's Day.

i didnt stated before, but she got a beautiful "bump", not that are ugly bumps out there, but some are more beautifully rounded than others.
2 weeks from yesterday, on March 5th, shell be much bigger than now, oh my, never been this excited to see a baby bump growing progress (though i was with Victoria, Mary, etc... but with Catherine is diferent somehow).

when is St. Patrick's Day? if she would go, it would've been announced already i think.

Last edited:
when is St. Patrick's Day? if she would go, it would've been announced already i think.

17th March. Her engagement for March 5th which as you say is less than two weeks away, was only announced a few days ago.

William should do it, Catherine only filled in as William was in the Falklands. Also The Irish Guards are due to be deployed this year.

Historically most years, royal women pass out the shamrocks on St.Patrick's Day. Queen Alexandria started in it in 1901. The Queen Mum did it for 50 years, Princess Anne did after the Queen Mum's death. So this year, I would expect Kate to do it along with William if he isn't in Wales on RAF duty.

Historically most years, royal women pass out the shamrocks on St.Patrick's Day. Queen Alexandria started in it in 1901. The Queen Mum did it for 50 years, Princess Anne did after the Queen Mum's death. So this year, I would expect Kate to do it along with William if he isn't in Wales on RAF duty.

That's why I had mentioned the possobility of Catherine doing it again. I think the palace had said that her first presentation was the start of a relationship between her and the regiment. She will also be Royal Colonel of her own regiments. I think announcements should be made in the near future.

It's pretty nice to see this tradition pass down from Queen Alexandra, The Queen Mother, Princess Anne and now The Duchess of Cambridge. Although His Majesty George VI did present the shamrocks to the Irish Guards on the regiments 50th anniversary in 1950. When The Queen Mother wasn't able to go to Belize for the presentation in 1989, The Grand Duke of Luxembourg made the presentation on her behalf (according to Wikipedia).

That's why I had mentioned the possobility of Catherine doing it again. I think the palace had said that her first presentation was the start of a relationship between her and the regiment. She will also be Royal Colonel of her own regiments. I think announcements should be made in the near future.
I thought that was mentioned last year as well. I would love for her to get her first regiment. Hopefully we shall hear soon

Kate is not lazy: She's an asset to the Royal Family and Britain:
Kate is not lazy: She's an asset to the Royal Family and Britain | Richard Palmer | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

Good to know that the royals informal meetings aren't recorded in the Official Court Circular. Only the very formal meetings are recorded. Also Catherine's visits with her potential charities aren't recorded in the official Court Circular and made public because it would give away the name of the charities she's considering supporting and it would be embarrassing for the charities that she decided to pass on. It's mainly what all members of the royal family do.

Last edited:
I don't know where he is picking up this information, but if one looks at the reponses in the DM it seems to me that it is the brits who are the ones whining about scroungers, waity katy, and various other epithets, at least they are always going on about "their" taxes paying to support her. Personally, I think this is Palmer's way of stating that she has "detractors" but dumping it on North America .... of course that's JMO. :whistling:

Yeah, that North America comment seems a bit off base to me. In the US, at least, I get the impression that most people don't care what she's actually doing (because most people have no idea what royalty does, therefore I think they form many expectations), but rather on what she's wearing. The media just lumps her in with celebrities and, after all, we are a the nation that brings you the Kardashians . . . I don't see people being very picky about Kate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom