The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess me, did you hear this on the radio or TV? If so, it could be that Charles is passing his regiment down to his daughter-in-law. I could also mean that Catherine could become Colonel in Chief of the regiment in Scotland as well. I guess more appointments will be made with it.

I think we could continue the conversation here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...les-29262.html

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Whats the point of this thread? Since 90% of Kate engagements are her charity's.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Whats the point of this thread? Since 90% of Kate engagements are her charity's.
This thread is about current events coming up and then the actual event. Charities and Patronages thread (think that if what you are referring to) has announcements of new patronages; explains about them and gives updates on them, ie updates from EACH.

This thread is only about those specific to the Duchess - she is also found on Duke and Duchess of Cambridge current events and BRF current events, and special events threads, ie Trooping the Colour Wedding and Christening.

Easy mm?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

^^what you explained makes sense to me, cepe. But the Charities and Patronages thread is where some of her engagements are being posted (when they are related to the charities like today's) and the same is happening for William and Harry. So, it seems that different members have different interpretations of what should be posted in each thread (my interpretation being equal to yours, cepe). I think the moderators should clarify it and move the posts if necessary. Otherwise, it's just confusing...
Old 10-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
^^what you explained makes sense to me, cepe. But the Charities and Patronages thread is where some of her engagements are being posted (when they are related to the charities like today's) and the same is happening for William and Harry. So, it seems that different members have different interpretations of what should be posted in each thread (my interpretation being equal to yours, cepe). I think the moderators should clarify it and move the posts if necessary. Otherwise, it's just confusing...
Juliette, the mods and most members don't mind the occasional slip. I have decided to take the attitude that I'll do my best to stay on topic and not worry about the rest. Someone will smack me if I need smacking and the rest does not matter much. Opps, I'm off topic.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Majesty

RoyalDish - William & Kate News II - page 753
Interesting
Old 10-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post

I'd call it malicious rather than interesting. So much vitriol...
Old 10-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'd call it malicious rather than interesting. So much vitriol...
So sad there are so many angry people in the world who have nothing better to do than trash other people. As we say here in the south, bless their hearts. [/sarcasm]
Old 10-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Ok - I am changing the subject just because the dish is beneath us. I was curious and so checked the Royal Family section of the British Monarchy web pages. Oddly (I think) George's birth is mentioned under the Duchess of Cambridge's write up but not Williams.

But then (and this a tad off topic, but I am trying to distract people off the dish) the Link to the POW webpage is broken and William's bio still says he is active in the Military. I'd love the job of updating that Monarchy web page.

The Cambridges' home page (on the POW site) has a lovely banner close up of Prince George in his Christening gown. The detail is lovely. Go look. Homepage

Mostly, I am sitting here waiting for photos from yesterday and from tonight. It is a lalapalooza of a Kate week!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Ok - I am changing the subject just because the dish is beneath us. I was curious and so checked the Royal Family section of the British Monarchy web pages. Oddly (I think) George's birth is mentioned under the Duchess of Cambridge's write up but not Williams.

But then (and this a tad off topic, but I am trying to distract people off the dish) the Link to the POW webpage is broken and William's bio still says he is active in the Military. I'd love the job of updating that Monarchy web page.

The Cambridges' home page (on the POW site) has a lovely banner close up of Prince George in his Christening gown. The detail is lovely. Go look. Homepage

Mostly, I am sitting here waiting for photos from yesterday and from tonight. It is a lalapalooza of a Kate week!
Yes, that is odd. In fact, the last entry on William's page via the British Monarchy website, dates back to May 29th 2012.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

When it comes to that website there are some folks who are asleep on the job.

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
So sad there are so many angry people in the world who have nothing better to do than trash other people. As we say here in the south, bless their hearts. [/sarcasm]
I know it's an evil forum but is there something bad with that invitation?
I didn't notice something strange
Old 10-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I know it's an evil forum but is there something bad with that invitation?
I didn't notice something strange
Is that what we were supposed to be focusing on? I honed on the comments.

I did not see anything wrong with the invitation.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:47 PM
Majesty

Yes, i was referring to the pic! I wasn'able to post that in other way
Old 10-24-2013, 04:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes, i was referring to the pic! I wasn'able to post that in other way
All you wrote in your post with the link, was "interesting." Did not realize you were showing us the invitation.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Majesty

Sorry, problems with the language! :-) My intention was to show the invitation and I found it interesting because it means a possible new engagement!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Sorry, problems with the language! :-) My intention was to show the invitation and I found it interesting because it means a possible new engagement!
I always worry that what I write will be misinterpreted due to language issues.

I think this gala is one they always attend because it is for Centerpoint. I don't think Kate attended last year as she was suffering from morning sickness.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

There was a time when she was in college that she did seem curvier and carried more weight....so I don't think she has always been so thin as she has been the past few years.

LaRae
Old 10-26-2013, 09:31 AM
Majesty

She was spotted shopping at zara house yesterday Kate Middleton Shopping in London at Zara Home
Old 10-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
She was spotted shopping at zara house yesterday Kate Middleton Shopping in London at Zara Home
I wish the media didn't publish this sort of thing. Pictures and stories of them at public events are fine. But, as much as I am interested in Catherine and William, they have made it clear they enjoy their privacy. They have not revealed much about their private life and I think they are entitled to live their nonpublic life without intrusion.

Closed Thread