The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Commoner

the picture with the duchess and the boy she's hugging is very sweet thanks for sharing.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, GG, you didn't let us know that you were appointed Mistress of the Royal Balloons to the nursery, you minx!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/0564fa402...gj6xo3_500.jpg

Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I've just seen a short and rather disturbing video of Catherine and Pippa in 2007 being hounded by paps. IT is on the following site. It is towards the end of the blog for Sat 29th June.

Life certainly could be difficult for her. I haven't seen this before so apologies if it has been previously posted.

Duchess Kate

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Baby dropping = impending birth
With the first baby, it's about a month before the birth.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:27 PM
Aristocracy

I'm not an expert, but the Australian pictures look photoshopped to me. There's something odd about them.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Her bump looks like its dropped.
The baby dropping means nothing. I dropped at 32 weeks with my first and he was 12 days overdue. If only it meant I was due to give birth in a month!

Those pics from the Aussie mag look photoshop...and they didn't even do a good job with it.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Good lord stop calling it a bump, it's her freakin stomach with a nearly full grown fetus in it.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-30-2013, 03:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Good lord stop calling it a bump, it's her freakin stomach with a nearly full grown fetus in it.
Aka a bump. This is hardly the forum to think we don't appreciate the foetus and Catherine's "stomach". Writing "Catherine's stomach" when it's not even in her stomach instead of "Catherine's bump" is a little awkward.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I sincerely hope Catherine's foetus is not in her stomach.

Actually I think of it more now as a fully-formed but as yet unborn baby rather than a foetus.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully light duty though....surely not a full schedule?
Old 07-31-2013, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Its when its being announced, its not when she's going to do it.

She has never had a full-time schedule. She is still part-time.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is a difference between occupation, which was asked for on the birth registration, and job title, which it did not ask for. The Archbishop, if asked, could say his occupation is priest, but his job title is Archbishop.

Prince William has at the moment a job title but overarching everything he does is his prince role. So I don't see any issues with the occupation of Princess for the Duchess. Unless there is a separate birth registration for royals the answers on it will be slightly strange.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
There is a difference between occupation, which was asked for on the birth registration, and job title, which it did not ask for. The Archbishop, if asked, could say his occupation is priest, but his job title is Archbishop.

Prince William has at the moment a job title but overarching everything he does is his prince role. So I don't see any issues with the occupation of Princess for the Duchess. Unless there is a separate birth registration for royals the answers on it will be slightly strange.
I agree.... That's exactly how i interpreted it. Williams occupation wasn't prince willam of wales or duke of Cambridge.... It was the more generic prince of the uk; as such Catherine's would be the female equivalent.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Courtier

Kate to attend the Tusk Conservation Awards in London, September 12

Kate Middleton back to work! Duchess of Cambridge to attend charity gala in first public appearance since Prince George birth | Mail Online
Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wow, looking forward to seeing Catherine again.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittybaby View Post
Looks like the ducks are getting all in a row. I would imagine that it will be a joint engagement with both Will and Kate as CNN has a slot scheduled for the 15th at 10pm EST to air "Prince William: His Passion" which will bring the crisis of endangered species in Africa to the forefront. Tusk will be part of the program.

I can't help but feel that this couple don't take their duties half heartedly. Over time I think we're going to see more and more networking such as the gala and the CNN special rather than them just showing up and cutting a ribbon in a photo-op.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah, William & Catherine will be involved and hands on with their charities and organizations.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yeah, William & Catherine will be involved and hands on with their charities and organizations.
Perhaps this should be in the thread for joint engagements but I've come to realize something. William (and Kate) are certainly using the media to their best advantage. Although this upcoming interview will draw millions to watch William talk about being a new father and his newborn son, what better way to raise awareness to a cause they feel strongly about? The Cambridges (and perhaps their PR staff) know what they're doing here.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

I agree, Osipi.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Looks like the ducks are getting all in a row. I would imagine that it will be a joint engagement with both Will and Kate as CNN has a slot scheduled for the 15th at 10pm EST to air "Prince William: His Passion" which will bring the crisis of endangered species in Africa to the forefront. Tusk will be part of the program.

I can't help but feel that this couple don't take their duties half heartedly. Over time I think we're going to see more and more networking such as the gala and the CNN special rather than them just showing up and cutting a ribbon in a photo-op.
These two are very smart when it comes to using the media to their advantage. They are looking to make a difference, not just show up, shake a few hands, advertise a certain fashion label, hand in a check, say a few shallow and relatively meaningless words, and then move on. They want to make sure that they're as hands-on as could be, because that's the way to bring most attention to a cause. Yes, donation are great, but helping create public awareness for something or other is even greater, and William and Catherine are looking at the latter, which is also the bigger picture.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread