The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Prince Harry say?

I think it had something to do with William being jealous of Harry's trek to the South Pole and getting away from a screaming George. Just one of them little jibes that go on between the brothers when they're away from home. Always pickin on each other but its all in fun.

The point is that people are assuming that Will and Kate are hands on parents, because they say they are, and we have never seen the KP payroll to verify.

If someone can tell us definitively who is caring for the child day in and day out, I am all ears, and will reserve judgment. Up to now all I am hearing is "oh, I'm sure Will is doing this," and "I'm sure Kate is doing that." But frankly, I don't know and neither do you.

There might be 10 nannies. There might be none. We might be being told the honest to God truth and we might be told a pack of lies.

Last edited:
The point is that people are assuming that Will and Kate are hands on parents, because they say they are, and we have never seen the KP payroll to verify.

If someone can tell us definitively who is caring for the child day in and day out, I am all ears, and will reserve judgment. Up to now all I am hearing is "oh, I'm sure Will is doing this," and "I'm sure Kate is doing that." But frankly, I don't know and neither do you.

There might be 10 nannies. There might be none. We might be being told the honest to God truth and we might be told a pack of lies.

Reliable journalists with good links to KP have written in UK press about the nanny situation. That is how they knew about Williams former nanny helping out on a part time basis. If there were a f/t nanny then they would know and write about it.

The story has been consistent since before the birth. Even those journalists who are negative about the Cambridges are saying the same thing.

We all rely on the media for info and over time learn who to trust on the facts (Richard Palmer of the Express) and who not (DMail). And take any opinion pieces with a ton of salt.

But isn't the real point that it is none of our business as to how much help they may or may not have with their childcare? George is still very young, but William and Catherine are there when duty beckons, so why should we care. There has been no official statement from KP in relation to domestic or childcare staff, and there really does not need to be one.

Why would we even question that the Cambridges are hands-on parents? If there were a full-time nanny, we would've heard about it by now.

Why would we even question that the Cambridges are hands-on parents? If there were a full-time nanny, we would've heard about it by now.

Yes - and it would have been advertised. We know about the housekeeper and the orderly, so no reason why we wouldn't know about the nanny.

The thing that points to "no nanny" for me is how much more generally tired the Duke and Duchess are looking.
It could be that they have both come down with insomnia, but I think the more likely culprit first parenthood.

Baby is 4 mon, starting to teeth, hence the crying...he's at that age

In many ways, taking care of an infant is the easiest and most joyous part of parenthood. I won't bother to explain why, because if you are a parent, you already know. Why in the world would W&K not want to experience this sweet period (screaming notwithstanding!)?

I don't find it remarkable that they choose to be almost totally hands-on. Ask any working mother if she would rather be home with her baby if she could. Most people who become parents have looked forward to having a baby for years. Anyone who is skeptical about the Cambridge childcare arrangements is not really thinking this through.

In many ways, taking care of an infant is the easiest and most joyous part of parenthood. I won't bother to explain why, because if you are a parent, you already know. Why in the world would W&K not want to experience this sweet period (screaming notwithstanding!)?

I don't find it remarkable that they choose to be almost totally hands-on. Ask any working mother if she would rather be home with her baby if she could. Most people who become parents have looked forward to having a baby for years. Anyone who is skeptical about the Cambridge childcare arrangements is not really thinking this through.
IMO it has to be remembered that Kate unlike Diana, HM, Charles, William etc..didn't have a nanny while she was growing up. She might believe that it is her responsibility to be there for her nursing baby whenever she can. It's possible that she views a nanny more as a babysitter, not a full time fixture yet.

There is NO WAY she does not have some kind of nanny arrangement. If they are carrying out engagements, they have someone to pick up the slack.

There is NO WAY she does not have some kind of nanny arrangement. If they are carrying out engagements, they have someone to pick up the slack.

She has a part time nanny who is called on when convenient (for her as she is retired). It is Williams former nanny. Lots of info about it on the threads

Her name is Jessica Webb, and she has agreed to help them with the baby when needed. She's not full-time.

Low-key Kate surprises art fans
Who was the stunning girl in jeans and black boots who caught the eye of passers-by at Chelsea’s Lots Road auction rooms?
Step forward, the Duchess of Cambridge.
To the surprise of bargain hunters who throng to the popular salerooms, Kate was spotted wandering around the contemporary art section on the ground floor.
But was it really her?
A film crew making a documentary on the auction rooms elsewhere in the building left her alone.
But one plucky customer did enquire: ‘Are you the real deal?’
She somewhat shyly averred that, indeed, it was.
Her fellow bargain hunter had noticed the police bodyguard shadowing the Duchess - who studied History of Art at St Andrews - as she checked out the works on offer, ahead of Sunday’s auction, which she did not attend.
Alas I cannot say what piece took her fancy.
But perhaps Prince William will find it in his stocking.

Read more: RICHARD KAY: After-dinner star Alistair Darling makes £170,000 from private events | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm afraid those pictures gave me the creeps, she seems like a hunted animal. Maybe alone she doesn't mind the pix, but with her baby it is a different story.

She can't be so naïve as to not know what is going to happen anytime she goes anywhere public with her son. It's only going to intensify.

She can't be so naïve as to not know what is going to happen anytime she goes anywhere public with her son. It's only going to intensify.
She is not naive. She has been photographed countless of times in the same park. This is the first time with George.

I don't think anyone didn't think Catherine wasn't going to take George out for a walk in the park. She's been taking these walks for a while now and now she's doing it with her son.

Catherine doesn't look too happy, and I can't blame her. She is probably worn out, and even if she knew what to expect in terms of press attention, no one can blame her for not wanting her child photographed during 'off duty' time. It's sad that these pictures exist, and even sadder that we're curious, and can't resist the urge to click.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I am surprised that the royal protection officers are not seen in any of the photos. Some of them are at a wide angle and no RPOs just Lupo in the one photo (who always amazes me when he just follows Kate around off leash. You would think he would just bolt at the first squirrel sighting)

When can we see more pictures of George?

I'm afraid those pictures gave me the creeps, she seems like a hunted animal. Maybe alone she doesn't mind the pix, but with her baby it is a different story.
I'm inclined to agree. She doesn't look happy and it does seem intrusive: I wish I hadn't looked, really...

I so agree with a number of comments here that she looks like a hunted animal. Even being in her position she should expect some type of private time when out for a stroll, what is she to do, buy a forest just so she can go for a walk with her son? I enjoy seeing pictures of her and William yet I wonder if at times they get so darn tired of people always looking into their private time/family time. I think she handles it well for if that were me, no way would I handle it that well. Everyone needs some time to just go for a walk and it seems in the pictures that the other people are leaving her alone, it's the camera that is bothering her. I would be apprehensive also being with my son if that happened to me.

I am surprised that the royal protection officers are not seen in any of the photos. Some of them are at a wide angle and no RPOs just Lupo in the one photo (who always amazes me when he just follows Kate around off leash. You would think he would just bolt at the first squirrel sighting)

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to learn that during this stroll with George, the best protection Kate could have is Lupo. From the little I've seen, this dog is very much a member of the family and probably loves George to pieces. He most likely would want to tear to pieces too anyone that would dare to threaten his family.

In that one photograph, it does look that Kate is not overly happy being snapped at all angles and I bet she'd give a week's donut supply to take a page out of Anne's book and just tell them all to "Naff off!".

I am sure, that the bodyguards are there, only a few meter away from her. I saw similar pictures about Victoria, and I thought first she hasn't got bodyguards around her, but than I saw other pictures, what showed also the bodyguards, but they were circa 10 meter behind her.

well what I'am most surprise is that I cannot see a security around her...but of course she knows that she will have her icture taken, but she seams happy...she even say goodbaye to someone else...so she is OK to me...

Last edited:
Based on the remarks of some of the photographers that do royal work on twitter, they think the photos were taken with a long lens and not a person walking by with a smart phone. If that is the case, Kate is not going to know she is being papped to react to it in the moment. You can't even see George just a bit of a hat.

I imagine that walks such as these have to be cleared with their security,but they are never going to be able to guarantee complete safety and I'm sure Kate is well aware of the potential risks involved. But I agree there is a vulnerability about these pics and the likelyhood they were taken with a long lens isn't good either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom