The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Got to admit it, I love seeing the bump!

Old 04-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Got to admit it, I love seeing the bump!
Me too! I know it's silly, but it's just so cool to see how far her pregnancy has progressed since we saw her last.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Kate Middleton: A 'Role Model' For Scouts-
http://news.sky.com/story/1081081/ka...del-for-scouts
Old 04-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

More pics from yesterday

"Hola" La duquesa de Cambridge luce orgullosa su embarazo en el desfile de los Scouts de la Reina en el castillo de Windsor ** Google Translate

"Pure People" Kate Middleton : Baby bump en vue, sublimé à Windsor pour les Queen's Scouts

"Lehtikuva" Catherine tapasi partiolaisia | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

"Getty Images" The Duchess Of Cambridge Attends The National Review Of The Queen's Scouts At Windsor Castle
Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting that Kate took part in the Queen's Scouts parade even though the Queen was in Windsor Castle herself. I know HM took the salute last year at the parade. I wonder if this is building up to Kate soon taking over from HM as the patron of the Scouts?

Someone asked on another thread about the benefits to charities and other organisations of having a relationship with the royals. Scouts UK say there has been a sharp increase in volunteers since Kate got involved with them:

The Duchess sets the trend | Scouts
Old 04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Interesting that Kate took part in the Queen's Scouts parade even though the Queen was in Windsor Castle herself. I know HM took the salute last year at the parade. I wonder if this is building up to Kate soon taking over from HM as the patron of the Scouts?

Someone asked on another thread about the benefits to charities and other organisations of having a relationship with the royals. Scouts UK say there has been a sharp increase in volunteers since Kate got involved with them:

The Duchess sets the trend | Scouts
I wondered about that but the Queen doesn't take the salute every year. I thought that she had probably popped over to Bagshot to spend her birthday with her young grandchildren.

I think though there is a slowing down by HMQ and Catherine will eventually take on the role of patron.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Richard Palmer said on twitter they (the press) were not sure the Queen was even at Windsor Castle during the Scouts event
Old 04-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Queen was at Windsor for her birthday, whilst the scouting event took place.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry, Lumutqueen, are you sure the Queen was at the Castle in that precise moment? Because, I'm sure Richard Palmer said no one really knew where she was
Old 04-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Richard Palmer said that he didnt think she was there and that they were flying the Royal Standard because it was her birthday. That last point is wrong. The RS is flown only when the HM Q is in residence.

But that doesn't mean that at that moment she was in the building - as I said she could have visiting her grandchildren at Bagshot and came back later in theday.

She certainly was not at Buckingham Palace - never is when the London Marathon is on.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the clarification, cepe.

This week's Hello cover
http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/73...2411503d75.jpg

I love the moses basket
Old 04-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I forgot we have an evening event tonight, it's a reception for The Art Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Exactly. The Daily Mail reads almost like a tabloid much of the time.
It is a tabloid.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, I'm looking forward to it.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Can anyone post here the dates and events Catherine is likely to attend in June? I think I miss one or two.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Can anyone post here the dates and events Catherine is likely to attend in June? I think I miss one or two.
Confirmed so far - Duchess of Cambridge to become Royal Godmother as she names a cruise ship 'Royal Princess' on June 13.

We supposedly have a friends wedding on 22nd June as well. We also have (for other royals) the coronation thanksgiving service, order of the garter, various garden parties and trooping of colour that Catherine may attend.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post

DEFINITE
June 13 - The Duchess of Cambridge, as ship's godmother, will name the Princess Cruises ship Royal Princess at a ceremony in Southampton.

MAYBE
June 4 - A service of celebration marking the 60th anniversary of the Queen's ascension to the throne will take place at Westminster Abbey. William and Kate's attendance not confirmed but expected.
June 15 - Trooping The Colour.
June 17 - Order of the Garter ceremonies

Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Catherine will attend Trooping the Colour but I would be very surprised if she rode in a carriage. She may ride in one, but I would find it very unlikely. Sophie when pregnant with James did not attend Trooping the Colour nor Order of the Garter in 2007 and did not ride in the carriages at Ascot that year. That could have been because she was in the early stages of her pregnancy and perhaps suffering from morning sickness/nausea, thus a trip in a bumpy carriage would not have done her any favours, but who knows! I am sure Catherine will attend these events if she feels well enough for them, as they are family events and in support of the Queen, but she may choose to travel by car. That's just me guessing though - I will of course be proven wrong I am sure.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the dates and the name of the events!

I guess she'll not attend any event on July, considering is the baby's due date. So June will be the last we'll see her officially until the actual birth.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

May I add that there is also Lady Natasha Ruffus Isaacs' wedding on 8th june. Natasha is reported to be friends with William and Kate and the groom is Rupert Finch, kate's ex. Natasha is the girl from Beulah. Though it's not sure I think they could attend this one too, no?
Old 04-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

All appearances from here on out seem to jive with a mid-July due date, which I believe Kate confirmed. You will now see her getting noticeably larger and larger as this is the time when the baby really grows. Until now it was really just developing organs, etc. Now it turns into a full size baby.

As she is about 30 weeks, I would assume all further appearances are "tentative". While she seems to be in the best of health, pregnancies, babies and bodies have wills of their own. She will probably be fit as a fiddle up to her due date, but textbook pregnancies can turn on a dime. Everything will be with doctors' approval. I doubt we will see her on a plane again until after the birth.

Sophie probably did not ride in a carriage during her pregnancy with James due to her placental separation with Louise, or perhaps she was naturally abundantly cautious given what she went through (who could blame her!) I would not be surprised if Kate is not in a carriage, either, however.