The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think things will clarify once they are moved and have room for needed staff.

I think she is a perfect choice. I would assume she doesn't do full time but would do full time when needed. I personally think she would do great till George is about a year or so then probably the couple will/might hire someone slightly younger who would be able to be as active as the young Prince. I could be wrong, she could be an active 71 year old.

Crown Princess Victoria hired her nanny for her daughter then hired someone much younger to care for her, they could follow the same footsteps but privacy and confidentiality would be a major concern.

Could this be William's 71-year-old former nanny, whom they asked to help them out part-time?
Yes! Yesterday at the tusk awards they confirmed geroge was at home with Jessica Webb and Prince Harry!:)

I like the idea of hiring the nanny you had as a child to watch after your own ( that is if they are willing to come out of retirement. That is if they have been) For the first year of George life Catherine and William probably wanted someone they know and trusted. As some have said I can see them hiring a new nanny next year who is younger. We don't know what kind of agreement they had.

With hiring someone you know or trust you can leave and go to events, engagement, Ball, dinner, Etc. and not have to be worried.

New engagement on December 6th?

Chris Hanes@BattleWinner1
Cant wait until the 6th of December for medals parade �� Kate Middleton ��

Apparently the Dec 6 event is a medal parade for the Irish Guards so that makes sense for Kate to go to. William would also be there since he is the colonel.

New engagement on December 6th?

Chris Hanes@BattleWinner1
Cant wait until the 6th of December for medals parade �� Kate Middleton ��

Well, that's blown the security!

I haven't heard anything about it but I know her military appointments should be coming up soon. I'm hoping she take up the role as Colonel in Chief of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment and share the job with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

I haven't heard anything about it but I know her military appointments should be coming up soon. I'm hoping she take up the role as Colonel in Chief of the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment and share the job with Queen Margrethe II of Denmark.

I agree and Catherine is the only person to take on the colonelcy of the Princess of Wales regiment. Princess Alexandra 'relinquished' her role as Colonel in Chief of the Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, after 40 years to make room for the Duchess of Cornwall.

I would be surprised if Catherine took on the role with the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment before becoming Princess of Wales. We already have a Princess of Wales, so I think we might stick with the current arrangement till we have a Princess of Wales who is happy to be called so.

It is interesting if true, that would be a nice coo for Canada considering that Kate doesn't have any British regiments yet. William doesn't have any Canadian regiments.

Whats the point of this thread? Since 90% of Kate engagements are her charity's.

Whats the point of this thread? Since 90% of Kate engagements are her charity's.

This thread is about current events coming up and then the actual event. Charities and Patronages thread (think that if what you are referring to) has announcements of new patronages; explains about them and gives updates on them, ie updates from EACH.

This thread is only about those specific to the Duchess - she is also found on Duke and Duchess of Cambridge current events and BRF current events, and special events threads, ie Trooping the Colour Wedding and Christening.

Easy mm? :flowers::lol:

^^what you explained makes sense to me, cepe. But the Charities and Patronages thread is where some of her engagements are being posted (when they are related to the charities like today's) and the same is happening for William and Harry. So, it seems that different members have different interpretations of what should be posted in each thread (my interpretation being equal to yours, cepe). I think the moderators should clarify it and move the posts if necessary. Otherwise, it's just confusing...

^^what you explained makes sense to me, cepe. But the Charities and Patronages thread is where some of her engagements are being posted (when they are related to the charities like today's) and the same is happening for William and Harry. So, it seems that different members have different interpretations of what should be posted in each thread (my interpretation being equal to yours, cepe). I think the moderators should clarify it and move the posts if necessary. Otherwise, it's just confusing...

Juliette, the mods and most members don't mind the occasional slip. I have decided to take the attitude that I'll do my best to stay on topic and not worry about the rest. Someone will smack me if I need smacking ;) and the rest does not matter much. Opps, I'm off topic. :lol:

I'd call it malicious rather than interesting. So much vitriol...

So sad there are so many angry people in the world who have nothing better to do than trash other people. As we say here in the south, bless their hearts. [/sarcasm]

Ok - I am changing the subject just because the dish is beneath us. I was curious and so checked the Royal Family section of the British Monarchy web pages. Oddly (I think) George's birth is mentioned under the Duchess of Cambridge's write up but not Williams.

But then (and this a tad off topic, but I am trying to distract people off the dish) the Link to the POW webpage is broken and William's bio still says he is active in the Military. I'd love the job of updating that Monarchy web page.

The Cambridges' home page (on the POW site) has a lovely banner close up of Prince George in his Christening gown. The detail is lovely. Go look. Homepage

Mostly, I am sitting here waiting for photos from yesterday and from tonight. It is a lalapalooza of a Kate week!

Ok - I am changing the subject just because the dish is beneath us. I was curious and so checked the Royal Family section of the British Monarchy web pages. Oddly (I think) George's birth is mentioned under the Duchess of Cambridge's write up but not Williams.

But then (and this a tad off topic, but I am trying to distract people off the dish) the Link to the POW webpage is broken and William's bio still says he is active in the Military. I'd love the job of updating that Monarchy web page.

The Cambridges' home page (on the POW site) has a lovely banner close up of Prince George in his Christening gown. The detail is lovely. Go look. Homepage

Mostly, I am sitting here waiting for photos from yesterday and from tonight. It is a lalapalooza of a Kate week!

Yes, that is odd. In fact, the last entry on William's page via the British Monarchy website, dates back to May 29th 2012.

When it comes to that website there are some folks who are asleep on the job.

So sad there are so many angry people in the world who have nothing better to do than trash other people. As we say here in the south, bless their hearts. [/sarcasm]
I know it's an evil forum but is there something bad with that invitation?
I didn't notice something strange

I know it's an evil forum but is there something bad with that invitation?
I didn't notice something strange

Is that what we were supposed to be focusing on? :) I honed on the comments.

I did not see anything wrong with the invitation.

Yes, i was referring to the pic! I wasn'able to post that in other way

Sorry, problems with the language! :) My intention was to show the invitation and I found it interesting because it means a possible new engagement!

Sorry, problems with the language! :) My intention was to show the invitation and I found it interesting because it means a possible new engagement!

I always worry that what I write will be misinterpreted due to language issues.

I think this gala is one they always attend because it is for Centerpoint. I don't think Kate attended last year as she was suffering from morning sickness.

There was a time when she was in college that she did seem curvier and carried more weight....so I don't think she has always been so thin as she has been the past few years.

LaRae

She was spotted shopping at zara house yesterday Kate Middleton Shopping in London at Zara Home

I wish the media didn't publish this sort of thing. Pictures and stories of them at public events are fine. But, as much as I am interested in Catherine and William, they have made it clear they enjoy their privacy. They have not revealed much about their private life and I think they are entitled to live their nonpublic life without intrusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom