The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people who will watch this documentary will be interested in what they reveal about their personal lives and couldn't care less about saving animals or whatever the charity is - it is just another charity with a royal so 'big deal' - sadly they don't register with most people which one it is they are representing on any particular occasion. There will be some mention of a whatever Willam says - about their private lives if anything - and what Kate wears and nothing much on the issue itself.

This isn't just William and Kate but all the royals - the charities themselves don't actually register or mean anything to the majority of people - it is seeing a royal or noting what the woman was wearing.

Most people who will watch this documentary will be interested in what they reveal about their personal lives and couldn't care less about saving animals or whatever the charity is - it is just another charity with a royal so 'big deal' - sadly they don't register with most people which one it is they are representing on any particular occasion. There will be some mention of a whatever Willam says - about their private lives if anything - and what Kate wears and nothing much on the issue itself.

This isn't just William and Kate but all the royals - the charities themselves don't actually register or mean anything to the majority of people - it is seeing a royal or noting what the woman was wearing.

I disagree. I think the royals do raise awareness for these causes and I think people do pay attention to the purpose of these events. I know that I pay attention to the causes.

Several of the charities reported that there was a major increase in donations after Kate became their patron.

Did anybody know anything about EACH, Action on Addiction or The Art Room before Kate picked them as patronages? The publicity they get from Kate is priceless. People on twitter raised several thousand pounds for EACH as part of the royal baby fundraising campaign.

I think Iluvbertie is right. A lot of people who will watch the interview will do so only to hear about his private life. They may listen to the whole interview, but they may not pay attention to the real purpose of the interview. That does not take away from the fact that there has been an increase in donations to charities, but I would be that is more in the UK than in the USA.

Wealthy people will watch and then try and get tickets for the Gala dinner and offer donations. And that will include wealthy Americans. Why else give this major coup to CNN?

Wealthy people will watch and then try and get tickets for the Gala dinner and offer donations. And that will include wealthy Americans. Why else give this major coup to CNN?

That's a no go unless its for next year's Gala. The Gala is on September 12th and the program airs on CNN on September 15th.

That's a no go unless its for next year's Gala. The Gala is on September 12th and the program airs on CNN on September 15th.

Preview this coming Monday!

Certain posters like to stir the pot by posing unflattering pieces from the DM.
Always the usual suspects.

Sorry but that's not true, posters post the Daily Mail articles because it has something to do with the Duchess of Cambridge, flattering or not. Has nothing to do with "stirring the pot".

The article has it's own thread as it's about a new book, it isn't a current event for Catherine.

True or not? I wonder if William had not met her he would still be unmarried now. Which would be a disaster for the Royal Family. So Kate has saved him from an unmarried fate, which can only be a good thing. Most woman would not have wanted the job!

Why would it be a disaster for William to be unmarried now?

I see no George nor Nanny, so I'll doubt that. Chicken Royale with Cheese? Jeez E!

She does look tired and/or peeved. No wonder as she has alot on her plate.

I didn't think she looked too bad. More harried than tired IMO

I always know we're close to the Anniversary of that horrific and tragic day when you change to that avatar Zonk. May the Friends and Families have strength for tormorrow and those lost be at peace. :(

a little tired but the figure is incredible as it is not yet 2 months since she gave birth looks perfect

She looks very tired indeed!!
But still lovely, and pffff... in such a good shape!

She had little, if any make-up on. That may have been what many of us saw in the photos.

She looks groggy from a long car journey. You should see after long journey, I look like the living dead. :D

So who is this nanny? I thought they had not decided on a nanny yet. And yes Catherine looks a wee bit on the tired side to me. Not too much sleep I suppose.

Could this be William's 71-year-old former nanny, whom they asked to help them out part-time?

Oh yes, of course. For some reason I couldnt remember if she was going to help or not. I wonder if she will end up being full time. She is a great choice.

I wonder if Jessie Webb will break in other staff to care for George; at 71, I can't imagine her coming out of retirement trying to deal long-term and single-handedly with a fussy baby turning into an active toddler/youngster. She's not getting any younger! :whistling:

Last edited:
She looks very tired indeed!!
But still lovely, and pffff... in such a good shape!

I expect Catherine and William have been packing up the house in Wales. I believe someone to help look after the baby during the move would be essential... exhausting work packing up a house.

I expect Catherine and William have been packing up the house in Wales. I believe someone to help look after the baby during the move would be essential... exhausting work packing up a house.

Exactly and while I'm sure Granny Carole loves baby sitting, she's also got a business to look after too, so while I'm sure she'd love to do it, it's not a great solution long term. It wouldn't surprise me if the former Nanny came out of retirement both so William knew w/out a doubt George was being cared by someone he trusts and to train a much younger Nanny who will take out in a few months.

Or I could be completely wrong on all of that. We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom