The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h
I don't think it's 100 per cent certain re Garter but it looks highly likely Trooping the Colour will be her last official duty.

According to some tweets, Kate was seen on a train with Lupo and a friend. Her friends was overheard saying it was a lovely weekend for a wedding.

Should we see this as a confirmation that she'll be at one of the weddings this weekend?

Can anybody take their dog on a train in the UK or is that a VIP thing? Because I saw the photo on twitter, lupo is just sitting straight up looking ahead on the seat next to Kate. He isn't in a cage. I don't know about the wedding attendance. Kate got off the train in north wales and royal photog mark Stewart on twitter doesn't think the Cambridges will attend any of the weddings this weekend.

Mark stewart the photographer on twitter said that despite the speculation they aren't expected at any of them. Which makes sense because they are both in angleseey now.

Oh, thanks for the informations. I didn't know Mark Stewart said that.

Can anybody take their dog on a train in the UK or is that a VIP thing? Because I saw the photo on twitter, lupo is just sitting straight up looking ahead on the seat next to Kate. He isn't in a cage. I don't know about the wedding attendance. Kate got off the train in north wales and royal photog mark Stewart on twitter doesn't think the Cambridges will attend any of the weddings this weekend.

Yes you can take pets with you on the train if they are friendly and do no harm to other passengers. 2 pets per passenger is allowed.

If it wasn't allowed, I doubt that Kate would take her dog on the train. She knows someone would talk and a possible picture which would raise eyebrows, questions and it's something the royals try to avoid.

yes, the photo in the train with lupo exist, I saw that and here are a photo of catherine at shopping
Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Our Paper

Can you post the picture via an image hosting link as the link doesn't work for me.

I hope the woman with her is an interior decorator, not a lady in waiting as surmised by the Mail. Kate's got to have somebody helping with all the details, especially if she's decorating both KP and Anmer Hall. Wasn't that same woman with her in the pics from antique shopping in Norfolk? I recognize her from somewhere. I love the term "soft furnishings." It's so British!

I hope the woman with her is an interior decorator, not a lady in waiting as surmised by the Mail. Kate's got to have somebody helping with all the details, especially if she's decorating both KP and Anmer Hall. Wasn't that same woman with her in the pics from antique shopping in Norfolk? I recognize her from somewhere. I love the term "soft furnishings." It's so British!

I agree its the same woman who was shopping with her in Norfolk - well spotted. And not a lady-in-waiting as we are told she doesn't have one and we haven't seen one on official duties. IT would be odd to take on a L-in-W when you're just about to go on maternity leave.

Re Anmer Hall - I'd be surprised if she is decorating that yet as the current lease holder is due to stay there till 2015 and the proposed changes would need to be completed. JMO

:previous:

It's possible that it is Annabel Eliot who is an interior designer and also happens to be Camilla's sister. But I'm not sure.

No, it's not Camilla's sister.

It's possible that it is Annabel Eliot who is an interior designer and also happens to be Camilla's sister. But I'm not sure.
I think that was a very good guess - however googling brings up this story: Meet the sister and childhood rival that Camilla simply can't do without... even if it does involve a £103,000 fee | Mail Online
and it appears that Annabel has a similar bone structure and is about the same height as Camilla - so it's not Annabel.

I wondered if it might be Will and Kate's newish Italian housekeeper - who is said to be quite diminutive - but the age bracket of the housekeeper (early 40's) doesn't fit the woman in the article.

I do think it is most likely to be a interior designer, though. It would be a daunting task - even for someone like Kate - to decorate an apartment in KP without assistance. (According to another online source, Kate was looking at brown and beige drapery material for the KP apartment.)

ETA: Source that says shopping was for drapery material - http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.ca/2013/06/kate-shops-at-bernard-thorp-in-summery.html

Last edited:
:previous: Yes the height is the issue for me as well. Mind you the "unknown" is wearing flat shoes and Catherine is wearing 2-3in wedges. But I think I'm wrong about it being Annabel Elliot

The daily mail's lady in waiting theory doesn't make any sense. Rebecca Deacon does the lady in waiting tasks such as taking the flowers and such during engagements. The women in photo appears to be around 60. Would your interior designer hold your purse though? New housekeeper?

Last public engagements

Thur 13 June
Sat 15 June
Mon 17 June
Sat 22 June - Friend's Wedding (possibly)

Yes you can take pets with you on the train if they are friendly and do no harm to other passengers. 2 pets per passenger is allowed.

If it wasn't allowed, I doubt that Kate would take her dog on the train. She knows someone would talk and a possible picture which would raise eyebrows, questions and it's something the royals try to avoid.

Can you post the picture via an image hosting link as the link doesn't work for me.

the photo I posted here are now in the daily mail;)

I dont know if this is a current event or not!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 42m
I doubt she'll be there somehow but the Duchess of Cambridge has consented to a race being named in her honour at Newmarket on July 12.

The Duchess of Cambridge Stakes, formerly the Cherry Hinton Stakes, is a Group 2 race for two-year-old fillies over six furlongs.

And here is his article on it!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/406508/And-they-re-orf-for-Kate-and-the-royal-baby

Last edited:
is the lady holding her bag???:whistling:

If you are referring to the lady with Catherine, she is holding two bags. Whether one is Catherine's or not, we'll never know. Don't see why it matters frankly.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1h
Ahead of its official naming by the Duchess of Cambridge tmo, 'Royal Princess' will play host to a gala dinner this evening. #Kate #Cunard

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 16m
#royal #kate The Duchess' last public engagement will be at Trooping the Colour on saturday. There are "no plans" for her to attend Garter.

So its confirmed for Trooping the Colour, I'm really happy!
I wonder if she will want to attend Order of the Garter, I really hope so.

And I wonder as well, if she'll try to attend Wimbledon, maybe she won't go, because its lots of hours sitting with the same position, very uncomfortable for pregnant women.

Last edited:
Live Steaming of Ship Naming: Tomorrow
Reuters Live Stream

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3h
#royal #kate will be in Southampton tomorrow for her last solo engagement - ship naming ceremony. Live arrival pictures on #skynews

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom