The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it's an activity rather than an event, but if someone sees her doing it, and especially if there are photographs, we're going to find out about it. One of the downsides of modern social media.

If what Kate is doing is shopping in Anglesey, I suppose that is her current event. If Camilla popped into the local supermarket to pick up a few groceries, I think that would find its way onto her current events page. :) Actually the idea invites an interesting comparison between the two.

I think any such comparison might simply be in that when Catherine is shopping people go to twitter while they don't notice Camilla.

Or it could be that as a former-commoner, Catherine's more used to being able to go out and about and so continues to do so at this point in the game, while as someone who's been in the public eye for a very long time at this point, Camilla avoids such public excursions so as to not draw further attention.

Hmmm, an activity or errands as opposed to an event?

Maybe its just me but Kate spotting as opposed to her current events seem to be like the difference between watching programs (and there's lots of them) about spotting Bigfoot and watching CNN news.

Those that twitter sightings of Kate out shopping, buying coffee or at a gas station is really low level and I would put it down to being excited about actually seeing her. I'm happy for those that have had the chance to see her but it doesn't make my day to hear about it. Official engagements and events are reported more as her Duchess of Cambridge role and what I'm more interested in.

Different strokes for different folks. :cool:

Maybe its just me but Kate spotting as opposed to her current events seem to be like the difference between watching programs (and there's lots of them) about spotting Bigfoot and watching CNN news.

Those that twitter sightings of Kate out shopping, buying coffee or at a gas station is really low level and I would put it down to being excited about actually seeing her. I'm happy for those that have had the chance to see her but it doesn't make my day to hear about it. Official engagements and events are reported more as her Duchess of Cambridge role and what I'm more interested in.

Different strokes for different folks. :cool:

I totally get what you're saying here - and agree - but as the twitter feed for whenever Harry's spotted in public gets posted in his current events, I can't harp on people for doing so with Catherine.

Some people get excited about it, others don't.

I think any such comparison might simply be in that when Catherine is shopping people go to twitter while they don't notice Camilla.

Or it could be that as a former-commoner, Catherine's more used to being able to go out and about and so continues to do so at this point in the game, while as someone who's been in the public eye for a very long time at this point, Camilla avoids such public excursions so as to not draw further attention.

It think it is a strong possibility that the people who do tweet from their phones tend to be young and young people tend to only notice other young people and "old" women like Camilla just don't register on their radar. It also could be that Camilla is a frequent visitor to her local shops, but that the people who see her respect her privacy and when she does nip in to pick up a sponge for afternoon tea with the grandchildren people know she's there but leave her alone.

Last edited:
I dont think Camilla goes to Tesco's for the weekly shop.

I'm intrigued as to what count as a "current event" these days. There's very little to say about Catherine apparently shopping in Anglessey. I think lines are being blurred.

I get your point. I posted it here simply because it seemed the most appropriate of the EXISTING threads. Maybe creating a new one just for twitter or sightings or something like that and leave this one just for official events, royals duties, if you know what I mean...

Or maybe people are not interested in the twitter feed at all and there is no point in keeping posting them? If that's the case, let me know

I think its relevant to this thread - it means we know where she is. I also think that yet another thread would be just too much.

Thank you for posting the information

I think its relevant to this thread - it means we know where she is. I also think that yet another thread would be just too much.

Thank you for posting the information

I agree - no need for a Cambridge bread, milk and cheese shopping thread. ;)

I get your point. I posted it here simply because it seemed the most appropriate of the EXISTING threads. Maybe creating a new one just for twitter or sightings or something like that and leave this one just for official events, royals duties, if you know what I mean...

Or maybe people are not interested in the twitter feed at all and there is no point in keeping posting them? If that's the case, let me know

Thanks for posting the info, Juliette, after all it's always nice to see the Duchess out and about town even if it's for a Starbucks run!:D Glad to see she's back in Anglesey, too.

Last edited:
Camilla gets spotted out and about once in awhile. I don't think pay much attention to her though.

Other than the paps, Catherine is left alone while she run her errands. I think that's best.

The Duchess is back at Anglesey

Shar ‏@Starflower68 12m
@KateWillWatch Spotted Kate earlier in my local supermarket x

Caitlin ‏@KateWillWatch 5m
@Starflower68 Very cool. Thanks for letting me know. May I ask the location?

Shar ‏@Starflower68 1m
@KateWillWatch Anglesey, no probs hun x

I'd venture she's happy to be back in the quiet of Anglesey.

How thoughtless of the Welsh Twitterer to fail to mention what was in the shopping cart. At least the London Twitterers let us know what kind of drink she orders at Starbucks as well as the size.

P.S. That was a joke. Don't flip out. ;)

How thoughtless of the Welsh Twitterer to fail to mention what was in the shopping cart. At least the London Twitterers let us know what kind of drink she orders at Starbucks as well as the size.

Gracie, your post made me smile, your P.S. made me laugh out loud

Selfish beasts. How rude is that? I'm going with Grande-decaf-skinny-mocha. ;)

Tampons were in the cart !...Oh wait she's pregnant. NM

I personally don't mind twitter updates of Kate out and about being posted here. I don't do twitter so I just ignore them. It's not really an event but it is an update on what she's up to.

I personally don't mind twitter updates of Kate out and about being posted here. I don't do twitter so I just ignore them. It's not really an event but it is an update on what she's up to.

I always think it's interesting to know when she's in Anglesey and when she's in London. I'm sure they're happy to get some time in Anglesey now- it seemed like she was sticking pretty close to London during her first trimester when she was still sick.

^^What do you mean with Kate's "Easter" outfit?

I believe the idea is that Catherine attended an Easter mass today, are their any pictures of the outfit she wore?

New engagement:

Duchess of Cambridge will attend the National Scout Service at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle on the 21st April

Very nice of her to do this on Her Majesty's 87th Birthday.

Look forward to this occasion - very fitting that Kate is following Diana in the role she performed for the original liner to bear this name.

Why was that engagement announced now...they usually announce then 2 weeks before. Thais 2 months away.

PRobably because of the number of people that would know anyway. Ship launching in Southampton is a really big event

Very excited about this. I was wondering when Catherine will have a chance to launch a ship. Very nice to see her follow her late mother-in-law's footsteps in launching the Royal Princess liners.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/rp/index.html

Last edited:
Following in Diana's footstep? Didn't the Queen launch a ship in the early days of her reign?

Yeah but we are talking about the Royal Princess liners. Diana christened a Royal Princess liner I think around 1984 in Southampton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom