The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyWalsh_ Billy Walsh 11 mins
Cant believe i was just walking through kensington park an a helicopter landed and Kate Middleton got out.. pic.twitter.com/q3hh9kmHfz

Last edited:
I don't think it's gray, but she definitely has not colored it recently as her roots are showing.

That should take care of the rumors that she spends three days a week at the salon. Not from anyone here, but I keep hearing that claim.

Doesn't it have something to do with some kind of myth (or reality) about pregnant women not dying their hair? I'm not sure what it is, to be honest... Something like not being recommended for them to dye their hair in the early stages of pregnancy or something like. Don't know if it's true but I keep earing that all the time: "Oh she hasn't dyed her hair, maybe she's pregnant!"

Yes, it is not grey. It does look like she needs a color touch up but she will probably wait until the baby is born. I thought I read that she will not color her hair since it contains chemicals. I must say, she is looking very healthy and seems to have put on a little more weight.

Doesn't it have something to do with some kind of myth (or reality) about pregnant women not dying their hair? I'm not sure what it is, to be honest... Something like not being recommended for them to dye their hair in the early stages of pregnancy or something like. Don't know if it's true but I keep earing that all the time: "Oh she hasn't dyed her hair, maybe she's pregnant!"

It's been mentioned in the pregnancy thread about things to do and not to do when pregnant like spray tanning and hair dye. Quick google search and the NHS tells me that during pregnancy it is recommended if you're nervous to wait until the second trimester although there is no confirmed risk to the baby in the first. Also during breatsfeeding it's perfectly fine.

Pictures from today while leaving Kensington Palace

Please do not repost without my permission

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 199
Yes, it is not grey. It does look like she needs a color touch up but she will probably wait until the baby is born. I thought I read that she will not color her hair since it contains chemicals. I must say, she is looking very healthy and seems to have put on a little more weight.

I don't know why she doesn't use henna. It's recommended for use during pregnancy. Not only is there a wide range of attractive colours now, but henna conditions your hair and makes it feel fabulous.

Last edited:
Thanks Dazzling you have a good camera there.

If Kate has no grey hairs then I officially demand a refund on my hair as I'm 3 years younger than her and have several! Mine is slightly darker than Kate's and is 'virgin' i.e. it's never been dyed. I'm going to have to start, though, as the greys are becoming more noticeable.

I agree, though, that those pictures put to bed any suggestion that Kate gets her hair done 3 times per week.

I've had a "mallen streak" since I was c. 21 - serious pain!

I agree, though, that those pictures put to bed any suggestion that Kate gets her hair done 3 times per week.

The pics prove Kate has not dyed her hair in a while, and that's it. It could be simply because of the pregnancy (for the reasons discussed above).
The pics don't prove she usually (ie, when not pregnant) doesn't dye her hair 3 times per week (that would be unsual, right?) and specially they don't prove Kate doesn't go to the hairdresser 3 times a week (pregnant or not).

Note that I'm NOT saying she goes 3 times a week as has been suggested. I'm just saying these pics don't prove she doesn't

The well-wishers were kept waiting for 70 minutes longer than expected because the Duchess had opted to fly to Grimsby by helicopter rather than taking the train, and thick fog prevented her leaving London on time.
St James’s Palace defended the decision to use the Royal Flight’s helicopter, at a cost of up to £4,000, rather than buying train tickets for £216 return, which would have enabled the Duchess to arrive in good time for her first engagement of the day.
A palace spokesman said: “A number of factors are always taken into account when considering royal travel arrangements, including what the member of the Royal family is doing before and after the engagements, and it was decided that the best way to travel was by the Royal Flight helicopter.”

Duchess's slip of the tongue may have given away baby's sex - Telegraph

The well-wishers were kept waiting for 70 minutes longer than expected because the Duchess had opted to fly to Grimsby by helicopter rather than taking the train, and thick fog prevented her leaving London on time.
St James’s Palace defended the decision to use the Royal Flight’s helicopter, at a cost of up to £4,000, rather than buying train tickets for £216 return, which would have enabled the Duchess to arrive in good time for her first engagement of the day.
A palace spokesman said: “A number of factors are always taken into account when considering royal travel arrangements, including what the member of the Royal family is doing before and after the engagements, and it was decided that the best way to travel was by the Royal Flight helicopter.”

Duchess's slip of the tongue may have given away baby's sex - Telegraph

Dont see the point of the post content except for the link to the Telegraph.

Would like to add that the round trip to Grimsby from London is c.7 hours return on the train. About 6.5 by car and both are subject to delays.
Some balance is required.

I was only putting the information out there for others to read as its the first time I've read in all the articles about this visit that she was a) delayed and b) took a helicopter. Unlike others I don;t write negative comments or harsh criticism on here, I think the forums should be a place to share information and that is what I did. Sorry if it offended you.

Thanks! Great pics. Where were you exactly ? I wonder if those grounds where the helicopter stopped were private palace gardens or the public Kensington gardens as another tweeter user also had seen her as he was walking so it must be in a pretty open space?

I'm always speechless at the amount of logistics of royal visits: the car taking her to the helicopter, the helicopter, the car waiting at the airport in grimsby... Seems like a lot to coordinate. I wonder what the cost of all that is...

Thanks! Great pics. Where were you exactly ? I wonder if those grounds where the helicopter stopped were private palace gardens or the public Kensington gardens as another tweeter user also had seen her as he was walking so it must be in a pretty open space?

I'm always speechless at the amount of logistics of royal visits: the car taking her to the helicopter, the helicopter, the car waiting at the airport in grimsby... Seems like a lot to coordinate. I wonder what the cost of all that is...

The cost is covered within the annual budget - it isn't hidden. The only additional cost above the annual budget is security - the amount/level/degree is determined by government not the BRF.

Example - PRincess Royal receives c. £145,000 per annum. This is used to cover the costs of her office (staff, postage, hosting events etc); and travel (cars, drivers, fuel, road tax, trains, planes (overseas) use of Royal helicopter, hotels etc). And other things that I've forgotten but hopefully someone else will supply the information

The Queen sanctions every use of the helicopter, without exception. In the Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work documentary a few years ago, the Queen is going through her paperwork with her private secretary and there's a request from the Duke of Gloucester for use of the helicopter. The Queen goes through his itinerary for the day in question, considers it and then says, "of course he can have the helicopter".

For Kate to get to Grimsby for mid-morning by train, it would mean leaving London in the middle of rush-hour when trains are full to bursting. Had the Queen arrived in Grimsby by helicopter, no-one would bat an eyelash.

The Queen gives the permission to the palace officials for members of her family use the helicopter for official engagements. Sometimes it's the best transport option.

It's good to see Catherine on her official duties. The officials and crowds were very happy to meet and chat with her. I see the elderly seem to be very interested in her future role as Queen. I think she's doing a good job on preparing for her future role and doing these engagements on her own.

I thought the pictures and video's were great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom