The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 2: February 2012-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UKCambridgeDuchess300x215-1.png

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duchess of Cambridge
current events thread #2

1 February 2012 - 5 January 2013

The Duchess of Cambridge Current Events #1, covering the period 29 April 2011 to January 2012 can be found http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...29-april-2011-31-january-2012-a-30832-52.html .

Topics related to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be found in the royal wedding subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her coat of arms looks the same as every coat of arms I have seen. I have no eye for details.

You can find tons of information on TRF about coats of arms, but yea it's just a combination of her coat of arms and williams...you can note the Prince of Wales' coronet (I think) with some other embellishments, which lets you know that she's married to someone in that line of succession.

To make this post SOMEWHAT relevant to this thread, I'll add the question, was she able to see William off, or is she still in Mustique with her family?

She left too. If you look in the Duke & Duchess thread I posted a link to pictures of them boarding the plane.

Her coat of arms looks the same as every coat of arms I have seen. I have no eye for details.
There was a big article about her coat of arms before they married (and can you believe it's almost been a year????) that the acorns represented the 3 Middleton offspring. I thought it rather cool and that Catherine was able to incorporate it into the Windsor arms.

Kate will undertake her first two solo engagements on February 8th and 14th. On the 8th she'll visit an exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery and on the 14th she'll visit the Ronald McDonald House and The Brink (an alcohol free cafe bar linked to Action on Addiction).

SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

On wed 8th The Duchess of Cambridge will visit the National Portrait Gallery's Lucian Freud Portraits exhibition

33 minutes ago
SkyNewsRoyal Paul Harrison

on Feb 14th The Duchess of Cambridge will undertake engagements in Liverpool

36 minutes ago

Last edited:
Just for info: Today I got a thankyou card for my greetings for her 30th birthday. It's a nice photo in it and at the backside is the thankyou-text.

That's neat principessa, what photo of her was it?

I think it's great that she'll be doing something Valentine's Day.

:previous: Very nice, principessa. How very cool that you got a thank-you! :)

Just for info: Today I got a thankyou card for my greetings for her 30th birthday. It's a nice photo in it and at the backside is the thankyou-text.

Thank you for sharing that. What a great keepsake to have :D.

Another article on Catherine's solo engagements this month. I'm looking forward to seeing her in action without her husband. We'll get to see a little bit more of what she's like officially when William is not there, and she's front and center. The engagements are up her alley, so that should be very helpful in keeping her as nerves-free as possible.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Prince William arrives in Falklands as Kate's first solo duties revealed

Yay for you.

Perhaps I'll invite the Duke and Duchess to my wedding - which will be much less grander but tons of fun all the same. I don't want a gift from them, but something like what you got, princepessa, would be a wonderful.

The Duchess of Cambridge is being offered the perfect preparation for her life as a working Royal – a series of ‘training sessions’ with the Queen.
Kate will take on a handful of solo engagements while Prince William is absent.

Read more: KATIE NICHOLL: Duchess of Cambridge now ready to go solo - thanks to tips from the Queen | Mail Online

Not at all surprising. Her Majesty is a good teacher for this sort of thing. She has been doing it for sixty years after all :D.

Not at all surprising. Her Majesty is a good teacher for this sort of thing. She has been doing it for sixty years after all :D.

Sure, she has been working as a Queen more than 60 years:D

Last edited:
Well there is no better teacher than the Queen herself. Catherine should be able to learn alot from her . What an honour indeed to make appearances with the Queen.

Is she living now alone in London or in Anglesey?

If that's true about the Duchess' future plans for a photo exhibition, that's a great way to put her talent to good use.

It sounds like the photography thing wouldn't be for a few years. I for one would love to see it!

Of course they care. That's what they do their whole working lives: give support to charities.:flowers:

Ooh she’s seem very good person very Nice to heard another royals members care that much about charity things :flowers:

It sounds like the photography thing wouldn't be for a few years. I for one would love to see it!

I agree with you, the photography exhibition by the DOC would be something exciting to see!

Tuesday's upcoming 'away day' to Liverpool where she will undertake 3 separate engagements will certainly be interesting. I'm glad she's chosen to head to the North of England for her first full day of engagements.

She looked good, but then she should. She performed well for her first real solo engagement, but again I would expect her to after the amount of time she's had to practice. We'll see what liverpool brings.

She looked good, but then she should. She performed well for her first real solo engagement, but again I would expect her to after the amount of time she's had to practice. We'll see what liverpool brings.

What do expect her to do...trip while walking up a flight of stairs? Break down in tears from the pressure of the "job"...or some other slip up. Is that what you want to witness?

What do expect her to do...trip while walking up a flight of stairs? Break down in tears from the pressure of the "job"...or some other slip up. Is that what you want to witness?

I don't know where you got that from, that's silly.

Is this her first solo engagement??

She stepped in for Charles last year when he went abroad for a funeral, but that was for her father-in-law. This was her first real engagement yes.

I don't know where you got that from, that's silly.

:previous:I'm glad you got the joke.:lol: However, my "silly" comments are nothing more than innuendos encouraged by constant insinuating that the Duchess of Cambridge will in one way or another make a fool of herself performing royal duties thus ratifying individuals' opinions of her not being acceptable as a member of the royal family. Just my own SILLY opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom